136 second ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

136 second ads

I have not been playing this game long, so I am still doing whatever I can to build up Gems. Besides the daily quests and purchases, the most effective way seems to be to click the mystery boxes and watch the ads. I understand the need for ads to support this wonderful game, and you guys deserve whatever money you get for them, but 2 minute and 16 second ads are a bit much... especially when you click one, get through the ad, get another mystery box 20 seconds later, and it is the same 136 second ad. This makes the grind pretty intolerable. Can we please dial back the length on the ads?

On a side note, the ad mentioned above is for GMC and centers around businesses in Minneapolis, so it may be regional. Not everyone may be experiencing this.

I'll bring it up with our ad partners. That said, ads are definitely regional.

Comment

Yep I've seen ads for FPL (the electricity company here in Miami). 136 seconds , wow that's long. And I thought the tv ads I used to get that buffered for a minute were bad...

Comment

I appreciate it, Travis. Love the game

Comment

Just to give some context, if you check my recent gameplay (if you have that ability), I just had that ad 7 or 8 times in a row

Comment

According to our contact at AddApptr (the extension we use to show ads), a "skip" option should appear after 30 seconds. Do you see the option to skip at some point?

Comment

Originally posted by ༺྿Travis྿༻ (Support Mgr.) View Post
              According to our contact at AddApptr (the extension we use to show ads), a "skip" option should appear after 30 seconds. Do you see the option to skip at some point?
              When you press skip it doesn't credit you the gems... It's as if you didn't watch the ad at all

Comment

Good to know, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
                  When you press skip it doesn't credit you the gems... It's as if you didn't watch the ad at all
                  Yeah, it sometimes also happens when you seen the sreen is about to go into sleep and you tap to wake it up. Some adds in that case instandly go to the end screen and this also doens't count towards the 5gem reward. Any way of preventing the screen from going into sleep during adds?

Comment

I had a 100 sec ad from REI. No option to skip after 30 sec
                    WEWE WEMA LUBI 3485

Comment

We are in communication with AddApptr about this issue. Ideally, our library will be limited to 30 second ads.

Comment

Ok, AddApptr said that they fixed the problem with the skip button not working. If you're still not receiving Gems after skipping ads (after 30 seconds), please let me know here.

Comment

Not sure if I'm doing this right or not but.... I don't know how to advance without extensive game play. Are there in-app purchases ? Gem's etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim58 View Post
                            Not sure if I'm doing this right or not but.... I don't know how to advance without extensive game play. Are there in-app purchases ? Gem's etc?
                            Extensive gameplay is the right way to do it, games are made to be played. There are in app purchases which can be used to speed up timers or buy boosters.

Comment

@Jim58 you may purchase Gems with real money,however this being a 'play to win' you won't get as much benefit as compared to most games out there.However I recommend you to subscribe a bit,particularly the 100 gems per day one,as it will support those hardworking developers. Still you have to play a bit if you want meaningful progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X