Manual clearing for Buyback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual clearing for Buyback

Just thinking it might be worth adding a "Clear" button to the Buyback.

Background info:
    1. "Buyback" was introduced in version 1.2.19 - allowing players to buy back items sold since starting the game.
    2. As with all things, there's a limit, and overlapped have been seen here and here
    3. Any additional information stored means more memory (RAM or synced to disk data) usage.

So adding the "Clear" button would allow players to clear the list, without have to restart the game.

Edit:
    And/or, going one step further, you can add an option to disable it altogether - for those that don't care about it.
    Last edited by Nhat; 12-29-2017, 01:58 AM.
    Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

+1
    VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
      Edit:
      And/or, going one step further, you can add an option to disable it altogether - for those that don't care about it.
      I Don't like. There has been more than one occasion where the buyback has saved my main gear items that I somehow sold without even knowing it. Sure it should not be possible to sell your gear direct off your character but thats a totally different subject.

Edit: I do support the clear buyback.
      RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and VADA YOHI XUVA 4984 - Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Coldet View Post

I Don't like. There has been more than one occasion where the buyback has saved my main gear items that I somehow sold without even knowing it. Sure it should not be possible to sell your gear direct off your character but thats a totally different subject.

Edit: I do support the clear buyback.
        I think there should be some warning/pop-up like "Are you sure you want to sell your currently equipped gear" or something,when someone tries to sell a equipped gear whether intentionally or unintentionally.This helps reduce the chances of selling a important piece by mistake drastically.

Comment

Thanks for the input.

I was thinking more of an Option in the Settings screen, where players and choose to turn it off - default to on; like the Reward Videos thing. But yeah, it does lead to the whole, "restore my account, because I sold my gear" issue for Travis to deal with.

I've done it a few times too: slow response on the phone, so it didn't "turn off" the selling mode, and I ended up selling things that I thought I was equipping...
          Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Primus View Post

I think there should be some warning/pop-up like "Are you sure you want to sell your currently equipped gear" or something,when someone tries to sell a equipped gear whether intentionally or unintentionally.This helps reduce the chances of selling a important piece by mistake drastically.
            Or even make it so that only gear in your main bag/stash is sellable. So you HAVE to unequip a piece of gear in order to sell it.

This would also make it more of a pain in the ass for hackers who might take over someone's account & quickly sell all of a person's equipped gear in under 10 seconds, just to grief another person.

Comment

Originally posted by Rytrik View Post

Or even make it so that only gear in your main bag/stash is sellable. So you HAVE to unequip a piece of gear in order to sell it.

This would also make it more of a pain in the ass for hackers who might take over someone's account & quickly sell all of a person's equipped gear in under 10 seconds, just to grief another person.
              Has that ever happened?
              Till now I have only heard people hacking their own account and getting banned,never heard someone's account being hacked by another person.Besides such people will probably be insta-banned and sad part will be both the hacker and hacked may be at risk of getting banned.

Comment

The only way someone else would access your account is if you gave them your credentials or left your device laying around.

Comment

Originally posted by Primus View Post

Has that ever happened?
                  Till now I have only heard people hacking their own account and getting banned,never heard someone's account being hacked by another person.Besides such people will probably be insta-banned and sad part will be both the hacker and hacked may be at risk of getting banned.
                  And I'd say that an eternium account isn't really worth the effort to hack, compared to a big game MMO account or even a Diablo account. So as Travis says, it's not really an issue.

but making on-character items be non-sellable should be an easy (and logical) fix, as it's the same amount of key presses to sell an item then equip another as it is to equip an item and sell the newly unequipped one. It's just a different order. And it saves Travis (how do i tag you?) time from having to restore unintentionally sold items. :-)

Comment

...Travis (how do i tag you?)...
                    You don't need to. I read everything anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ༺྿Travis྿༻ (Support Mgr.) View Post
                      You don't need to. I read everything anyway.

(note the song name, Travis)
                      Last edited by Rytrik; 12-29-2017, 08:41 PM.

Comment

The only way someone else would access your account is if you gave them your credentials or left your device laying around.
                        Good to know.

Comment

And I'd say that an eternium account isn't really worth the effort to hack, compared to a big game MMO account or even a Diablo account. So as Travis says, it's not really an issue.

but making on-character items be non-sellable should be an easy (and logical) fix, as it's the same amount of key presses to sell an item then equip another as it is to equip an item and sell the newly unequipped one. It's just a different order. And it saves Travis (how do i tag you?) time from having to restore unintentionally sold items. :-)
                          I agree,hope they consider to include this or similar feature soon.

Comment

(note the song name, Travis)

Comment

You win "Best Forum Manager Ever" award
                              Last edited by Rytrik; 12-30-2017, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X