X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rytrik
    replied
    Originally posted by mhediv View Post
    Just nerv it a little and put the actual immolate cooldown on the set, not per attack. then you wont have 10 immolates on the screen, it sucks anyway that there is only 1 option to play mage, like every mage in the top 100 is the same, that is so boring.
    What do you mean 'put the actual immolate cooldown on the set'?

And i love that Apprentice is the main gear of choice. I love watching the world buuuuurrnnnn....

Leave a comment:

• RiseOfAbyss
    replied
    Originally posted by mhediv View Post
    Just nerv it a little and put the actual immolate cooldown on the set, not per attack. then you wont have 10 immolates on the screen, it sucks anyway that there is only 1 option to play mage, like every mage in the top 100 is the same, that is so boring.
    3 Immolates are the maximum that can be active.

Leave a comment:

• mhediv
    replied

Leave a comment:

• giecomo
    replied
    Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post

Hardly. Note that I have no f-k clue if it's the Immolate or not that makes Mage laggier; I just notice it's laggier than my BH (who moves faster) and thought the more demanding graphics might play a part in that. It could also be the larger size of the pulls, for instance.
    you're right in that it doesn't take a genius to figure that the Immolates might be a possible cause, but he's also right in that you're a genius

Leave a comment:

• Jose Sarmento
    replied
    Originally posted by RiseOfAbyss View Post

Could this be the case for my lagging problems aswell? I haven't found an explanation to me lagging a lot, while in the other games I am playing normally. You're a genius.
    Hardly. Note that I have no f-k clue if it's the Immolate or not that makes Mage laggier; I just notice it's laggier than my BH (who moves faster) and thought the more demanding graphics might play a part in that. It could also be the larger size of the pulls, for instance.

Leave a comment:

• RiseOfAbyss
    replied
    Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post
    Hi guys,

Not sure whether the Immolate visual effect is or is not a significant portion of the GPU workload on Mage gameplay. But it is my perception that Mage is more laggy (and thus GPU-intensive) than other classes, and I'd figure the visuals are at least part of the root cause.

Since virtually all of the high level mages that I met find the visual a bit "cumbersome" (makes it tough to see Elite abilities announced, what's happening inside the Immolate circle, etc.), maybe replace it with a "smoother" effect which is also lighter workload for the GPU?

I'd suggest something like a modulated glow on the ground (like embers - TBD's Lava Patches or similar), with affected enemies also taking on the "modulated glow" in proportion to the number of stacked Immolates they had active (e.g. normal color - dark red for 1 Immolate; normal color - orange for 2; dark red - yellow for 3; dark red - white for full 4-stack).

Thoughts?
    Could this be the case for my lagging problems aswell? I haven't found an explanation to me lagging a lot, while in the other games I am playing normally. You're a genius.

Leave a comment:

• Xusia
    replied
    +1 as well

Leave a comment:

• Coda
    replied
    I have ranted about this multiple times, thus from me ... +1

See this post
    Last edited by Coda; 01-30-2018, 02:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Alternative (lighter on GPUs?) Immolate effect

Hi guys,

Not sure whether the Immolate visual effect is or is not a significant portion of the GPU workload on Mage gameplay. But it is my perception that Mage is more laggy (and thus GPU-intensive) than other classes, and I'd figure the visuals are at least part of the root cause.

Since virtually all of the high level mages that I met find the visual a bit "cumbersome" (makes it tough to see Elite abilities announced, what's happening inside the Immolate circle, etc.), maybe replace it with a "smoother" effect which is also lighter workload for the GPU?

I'd suggest something like a modulated glow on the ground (like embers - TBD's Lava Patches or similar), with affected enemies also taking on the "modulated glow" in proportion to the number of stacked Immolates they had active (e.g. normal color - dark red for 1 Immolate; normal color - orange for 2; dark red - yellow for 3; dark red - white for full 4-stack).

Thoughts?
Working...
X