Suggestion: Add an option for auto-resume attack to be disabled for Bosses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion: Add an option for auto-resume attack to be disabled for Bosses

The auto-resume attack feature is great, especially for something like farming TBD where you can send a snipe down a long hallway then let the auto-attack pull you along cleaning up along the way. But it is completely broken for Trial bosses, who each have at least one mechanic that you must dodge to survive: Magroth's meteors and charge, Elban's life drain and devastate, TBD's lava pools and breath weapon. When fighting a trial boss, you must be able to get out of their way and stay out of their way in a controlled manner.

If you have the auto-resume attack feature enabled, the only way to do this is to use the click+hold movement feature, but this isn't easy to maintain, especially on mobile where your finger may be blocking your view of the boss. So currently I either just leave it off entirely or I turn it on while clearing trash then turn it off once the boss appears. Having to toggle the setting like that is a pain. It would be much nicer if the feature had an option to be enabled for all mobs except Trial bosses (or even any Boss, including Story maps). That way I could use it while clearly trash but as soon as the boss appeared, I could still move around without getting pulled back into one of their specials.

+1 but I'd like to see it toggle off and on (maybe ESC?). Mine got turned on magically and I died several times running back to the boss.
    FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

Just pause your trial, go into settings and turn it off.

NBD.
      VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

That's what I do. But having you change your settings multiple times per trial seems like a poorly designed system.

Comment

Multiple? Isn't that implying more than once? Are you also changing other settings?
          Dyoma Crown
          Dyoma Crown Total: 434

Mage: 143
          Warrior (DW): 148
          BH: 143

Warrior (SW): 138

Comment

You have to turn it off and back on again. Or if you forget at the end of the trial, turn it on then back off.

Comment

I just tried a trial with it and didn't even notice its existence. But that could be because I also tap...a lot..
              Dyoma Crown
              Dyoma Crown Total: 434

Mage: 143
              Warrior (DW): 148
              BH: 143

Warrior (SW): 138

Comment

Had a quite similar idea, however i would like something as a Button, maybe like the Battle Fury on Warrior.
                It would not only useful to stop auto attack for boss - dumb people like me are used to run away from a group elite and running into the next with auto attack. So i could use this often!
                Only problem could be maybe on mobile screens... to many icons?!

btw - in my opinion it is much more useful for ranged heros!
                At event i only used my warrior, there it is nice to have, but did'nt help sooo much. After event i played BH and Mage and found it really good to change positions and so on with them.

And a sidenote - i think that behaviour is a bug, but maybe you can use it for quitting attacks:
                All classes - Champion Lvl 1800+ / Friend Code SOTA TICO DECE 5457
                Knight - Champion Lvl 1800+ / Friend Code JIWU LURU BESE 3964
                Bounty Hunter - Champion Lvl 1700+ / Friend Code LETU DIBO GIME 8818
                Mage -
                under construction / Friend Code XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

Comment

Why not just go to the menue and turn it off for bosses?

Also I keep that **** on. Always. Its too good to turn off.
                  KIFE NUJE WAFO 1716

CLICK >>>HERE<<<FOR YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR ETERNIUM PLAY/GUIDES

Comment

Originally posted by strut v 900 View Post
                    Why not just go to the menue and turn it off for bosses?

Also I keep that **** on. Always. Its too good to turn off.
                    As I said to Coda when he said the same thing, that is what I currently do, but going into your settings multiple times per trial doesn't seem to be an effectively designed system.

Comment

Working...
                    X