FYI: limitations of Warrior's WHIRLWIND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI: limitations of Warrior's WHIRLWIND

When you cast Whirlwind, while it's running, you cannot cast a̶n̶y̶ certain other Utilities. Once its timer finishes, then you can cast again.

EDIT / UPDATE ... You may cast
    • In the Zone
    • Shield Block (only during combat, and only if wielding a Shield)
    • Battle Rage
    You may NOT cast
    • Shockwave
    • Deadly Throw
    • Charge
    • Leap
    • Devastate
    The last (1) spell you try to cast, gets queued and is cast when the Whirlwind timer is finished. It doesn't queue more than one. The logic seems to be, spells that are stat boosts are allowed, but other attacks, no.
    Last edited by Coda; 03-21-2018, 06:15 PM. Reason: FIXED INACCURATE INFORMATION. POST IS ACCURATE NOW.
    VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Hmmm...I haven't noticed this. I'll need to pay more attention! I've also found that it's "difficult" to disengage an enemy when Whirlwind is running.
    WEWE WEMA LUBI 3485

Comment

Intended. Yep.
      Originally posted by CountBelzebul;n96592
      when i start playing eternium last year...my warrior had 3 maggie as companion...when i heard maggie being nerfed...i got frustrated...then i just delete my warrior...
      YOLO

Comment

bummer
        WEWE WEMA LUBI 3485

Comment

(manual quote, since you can't directly quote archived posts)

Originally posted by Adrian
          Working as intended. No abilities can be used while Whirlwind is active. That's and intended drawback. However, you can use them just before activating Whirlwind.
          Although that makes being able to use Battle Rage a bug.
          Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

All the more reason to play BH instead of Warrior. Also more reason why Warrior isn't anywhere near the top of the LB.

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
              Although that makes being able to use Battle Rage a bug.
              As far as I remember they flip flopped on this and changed it multiple times, I thought they currently let you trigger all skills during whirlwind but I guess they changed it again

Comment

Let's recheck before reporting it as "not working as intended". It's not that important actually, I was just playing around with using WW and Cleave together, with a full Juggernaut-6 set.

​​​NBD.
                VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

UPDATE - - during Whirlwind...

You may cast
                  • In the Zone
                  • Shield Block (only during combat, and only if wielding a Shield)
                  • Battle Rage
                  You may NOT cast
                  • Shockwave
                  • Deadly Throw
                  • Charge
                  • Leap
                  • Devastate
                  The last (1) spell you try to cast, gets queued and is cast when the Whirlwind timer is finished. It doesn't queue more than one.

The logic seems to be, spells that are stat boosts are allowed, but other attacks, no. So, this is not a bug in my opinion. But it makes using Whirlwind almost a definite "no", which is another mark against using the Juggernaut-6 full set. {I was experimenting with trying to make it work. It doesn't for me.}
                  VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post
                    But it makes using Whirlwind almost a definite "no", which is another mark against using the Juggernaut-6 full set.
                    I was thinking about reverting to 4/2 (Jug/Def)...you may have swayed my decision!

WEWE WEMA LUBI 3485

Comment

Originally posted by Xusia View Post
                      I was thinking about reverting to 4/2 (Jug/Def)...you may have swayed my decision!
                      The bonus for Whirlwind (and Cleave) only comes from Jug-6. Jug 4 boosts CR by 150, if using Frenzy (which most do).

So, it's off topic for this thread, but the main options for Warrior sets are:
                      Juggernaut 2 = 280 Power
                      Adventurer 2 = 210 Critical Rating
                      Defender 2 = 700 Armor

... then maybe swap in either ...
                      Adventurer 4 = 75% Critical Damage
                      Juggernaut 4 = essentially gives +150 Critical Rating, with Frenzy

Thoughts:
                      • You can add 150 CR with 3 Topaz, but you cant get any more CD with sockets. So that kind of gives the edge to Adv-4 over Jug-4.
                      • On the other hand, the 700 Armor from Def-2 is equal to 3.5 sockets @ 200 each, or approximately 1 stat-slot on a piece of jewelry, depending how you craft that piece, whereas you can get between ~98 to ~121% CD in the same slot. So in my opinion that kind of gives the edge to the Def-2 bonus. In other words, don't put Armor on jewelry, get about that same amount from Def-2, and instead, get more CD (98 to 121% instead of 75%) from that stat-slot on the jewelry.
                      • Only a Shield Wielder would use Defender 4 or 6. Hopefully some balancing changes will come eventually, that will make SW more viable.
                      • Using Adventurer 6 (210 Haste) means giving up Juggernaut 2 (280 Power) which of course makes no sense at all.
                      • Juggernaut 6 is almost useless due to the Whirlwind limitations, and having to use Cleave instead of Rending Slash. It should just give a 15% damage boost to anything and then "maybe"...
                      VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Originally posted by RiseOfAbyss View Post
                        Intended. Yep.
                        First perma mute lol

Comment

Working...
                        X