Warrior: Disappointment from the class sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warrior: Disappointment from the class sets

I wanted to give the warrior a try, so I deleted one of my toons and created Xena. The leveling process was fun, but come lvl70, I started realising that I had nothing to look forward in the loot.
    None of the sets seems to be providing anything special, like with the Mage and BH sets.
    I am now farming TL80s in 6-8 minutes, 24 hours after I created my warrior, but that's mostly because of my existing high end gear (Integralas mantle, jewelry and my Mage's weapons) and my left over books from the events.
    Completing and trying out any of the class sets left me with a bitter taste, compared to the performance jump that you get when switching from random items to even Arcanist or Stalker full sets.
    I had a look at the leaderboards and confirmed that people are mostly using 2 JG and 4 ADV pieces that provide some raw DPS bonuses. I was disappointed to say the least.
    I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Warrior sucks.
    There is a reason it is repeated so many times.
    ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
    ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
    Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Chosen View Post
      I was disappointed to say the least.
      I wasn't. Warrior is a very fun diversion from the serious business of playing Mage or BH. I enjoy myself immensely playing Warrior, it's so easy.

Comment

Originally posted by GrauGeist View Post

I wasn't. Warrior is a very fun diversion from the serious business of playing Mage or BH. I enjoy myself immensely playing Warrior, it's so easy.
        I feel that you misunderstood my original post: I enjoy the gameplay too, so much fun; and that's why I am disappointed by the lackluster sets.

Comment

I'm not entirely sure that Sets are supposed to matter for Warrior in the same way as for BH or Mage. You either take Shield Defender, or DW with Juggernaut. Right?

Comment

I'm not entirely sure that Sets are supposed to matter for Warrior in the same way as for BH or Mage. You either take Shield Defender, or DW with Juggernaut. Right?
            That's the point of his post. They don't matter as much.
            ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
            ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
            Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

OK, and I'm saying that maybe they are not supposed to matter, so OP may be looking for something that isn't there.

Comment

OK, and I'm saying that maybe they are not supposed to matter, so OP may be looking for something that isn't there.
                But I am looking for something that isn't there: meaningful set bonuses.

What do you mean "they are not supposed to matter"? Are you implying that the intention of the devs was to introduce sets for the Warrior that people should not use?
                You either have difficulty expressing what you really want to say, or you completely miss the whole point of having a "Feedback and Suggestions" forum (or you are just trolling).

In Mage/BH you get sets with useful synergies that shape your gameplay. They are good enough in their implementation, that people don't have to resort to the crutch Adventurer's set with its unimaginative "+ lotsa damage" bonuses.
                The situation in the Warrior's sets is so dire, that in order to compete, you have to use the dull "+280 power" and "+75% Crit damage" bonuses. Zero skill synergy from bonuses, zero incentive to use anything but the crutches.

I'm curious to see if the coin will drop now, or if you will reply back "duh but I like the warrior!"...

Comment

But I am looking for something that isn't there: meaningful set bonuses.

In Mage/BH you get sets with useful synergies that shape your gameplay. They are good enough in their implementation, that people don't have to resort to the crutch Adventurer's set with its unimaginative "+ lotsa damage" bonuses.

I'm curious to see if the coin will drop now, or if you will reply back "duh but I like the warrior!"...
                  I said that it's possible that Warrior bonuses were toned down so to facilitate the ability to get a "best" set from practically any combination of items, rather than having them be so strongly layered as in Mage/BH, that certain combinations become almost mandatory. Apprentice/Assault..

That said, Defender gives a Shield Bonus, and Jugger is non-Shield. There you go. Simple, and nub-friendly. None of this agonizing farming for Assault / Apprentice, with the inevitable complaint that you can't get that last something to complete the set. It's a low ceiling, and I think that's by design. That is, the devs could have had powerful synergistic doubling effects tied to Shield/Block and DW Parry, but they didn't. They could have had big 6/6 effects when they designed the sets, but they obviously didn't. Therefore, the obvious conclusion is that they chose not to.

Also, that "duh" bit is intended to be rude, so maybe Travis can explain why that's acceptable.

Comment

I have read the descriptions of the Warrior's set bonuses and tested in Trials accordingly, but thanks for listing them again, it was eye-opening. It's a shame that the 100s of players in the top leaderboards spots haven't recognized the potential of these synergies, because they are mainly just using the +stat pieces.

And you are 100% right about the "agonizing farming for items" bit, shame on the Eternium devs for introducing the despicable concept of "loot hunt" on an ARPG. Spending hours farming for the missing piece that will boost your performance... what sadistic mind thought of this?

Also, that "duh" bit is intended to be rude, so maybe Travis can explain why that's acceptable.
                    Maybe it's not acceptable, you should report it. Or tag Travis with "@". But please don't tell my mom, this is not the first time I cross the line on the internet with such filth as "duh" or sarcasm in general, and she is going to kill me.

Comment

A comment on the gear. Warrior is the best for gear farming. 4/2 or 2/2/2 are both very viable builds and just one item can allow you shift the build around. Keep everything with decent stats and switch it around, you may surprise yourself.
                      Dyoma Crown
                      Dyoma Crown Total: 434

Mage: 143
                      Warrior (DW): 148
                      BH: 143

Warrior (SW): 138

Comment

Maybe it's not acceptable, you should report it. Or tag Travis with "@". But please don't tell my mom, this is not the first time I cross the line on the internet with such filth as "duh" or sarcasm in general, and she is going to kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by ༺྿Travis྿༻ (Support Mgr.) View Post

i love this; Thanks for the lolz while i continue to faceroll with my warrior. Much love

Comment

Working...
                          X