Bounty Hunter Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bounty Hunter Suggestions

Was playing my BH a bit, and noticed a few things that could be improved.

1. The Havoc set has potential, but it needs to be beefed up a bit. BH currently just isn't on par with Mage in terms of mobbing ability. The Havoc set improves BH's mobbing, but it does too little at too high of a cost. So...
    • The proc for Havoc 2 needs to use the current level of Heatseeker instead of capping it at 500% Damage. At 6+ Hits Per Second, the 20% frequency is enough to be useful, but it needs more of a punch.
    • Havoc 6 missile increase needs to be moved to Havoc 4, since the +210 Haste for the current Havoc 4 is redundant with other sets and can be made up elsewhere, and because the buff from Stalker 2 or Adventurer 2 or Assault 2 makes having to go full Havoc for just the missile bonus a net setback. The increase is very effective against mobs and bosses (especially given that HS feels just a tad underpowered without it), but it's not enough to justify full 6.
    • Change Havoc 6 to either a 50% reduction of the Heatseeker cooldown (which would put Havoc 6 more on par with Assault 6) or a 50% increase to the AOE of each missile.
    2. Scatter Shot needs some adjustments...
    • Increase the range. Again, BH isn't a natural mobber, but increasing the range on SS to put it more on par with that of Lethal Shot would make SS + Assault 2 comparable against mobs to Arcane Bolt + Arcanist 4 (which will supposedly become Arcanist 2 in a future patch, so even more reason to increase SS's range).
    • Count each SS projectile as a hit for LoH purposes. BH doesn't get Armor bonuses like Warrior or projectile-based LoH bonuses and meat shields like Mage, but he *does* throw out a lot of lead (which also ricochets with PA). Making SS more LoH-friendly would add a layer to BH's defense game and help to compensate for the lower damage of SS relative to LS.
    • Does each SS projectile get its own individual chance to crit? If not, then that should be the case.
    3. Speaking of LoH: I'm still not entirely sure if hits from ricochets count towards LoH, but if they don't, then they should.

4. BH needs at least one minion-summoning weapon. He's a ranged Class, so there's still a need for meat shields. A pistol that summons dire wolves with the same max 10% per-attack proc rate as Mukraiser would fit the Class and help with BH's bossing game. Dual-wielding would produce effects comparable to that of a Muk + Necro combo.

5. What's the percentage increase to MS from Assault 4? It needs to be listed.

6. Stalker Set: I haven't played around with the pieces I have, but just going by the buff descriptions, a few suggestions come to mind...
    • Change Stalker 4 to a buff to Smoke Screen. The 10% extra attack proc is kind of weak and easily outdone with two good Hailstorms, and a SS buff would fit the set. This would also further differentiate BH from Mage and Warrior, who already get the extra attack proc from Deidres' and Arcanist 6.
    • The Snipe proc from Stalker 6 should cast at the current level of the Snipe ability. Capping it at level 1 means that it currently does too little at too great a cost.

7. Fix the ready notes (and that goes for Mage too)! So far, I've noticed that Rapid Fire and Heatseekers don't have ready notes. No ready note for RF + Assault 6 = Uuuugh.

But yeah, there ya go.
    Last edited by Melchiah; 04-28-2018, 02:12 PM.
    Champion Level 1035 -

Artemis (DPS Mage): 920K/104K/25K, TL94
    Synergy 178 • Arc/Adv 4/2 • Marcus, Robin, Endar

Estrago (Bounty Hunter): 482K/142K/51K, TL87
    Synergy 101 • Havoc 4 • Marcus, Robin

Athena (XP Mage): 446K/85K/22K, TL91
    Synergy 129 • Adv/Arc 4/2 • Marcus, Eileen, Robin

Mobile • As Of May 24th, 2018

#JustSpamLess: Responsive Controls Are For Skrebz

Originally posted by Melchiah View Post
    Scatter Shot needs some adjustments...
    Increase the range. Again, BH isn't a natural mobber, but increasing the range on SS to put it more on par with that of Lethal Shot
    This is all I read to know that I should not read this post.
    ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
    ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
    Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post
      This is all I read to know that I should not read this post.
      Then don't comment. I don't open my mouth about posts on here after choosing to remain wilfully ignorant of the content thereof, so maybe you could try extending that same courtesy to others...?

K, thanx. ;-)
      Champion Level 1035 -

Comment

I wouldn't raise scatters range.
        it is kind of the fundimental idea is it has short range but lots projectiles.
        It could use bit of adjustment though. As with you I'm bit confused at how it with piercing shot effects alacrity. I notice up REALLY close large group it all seems trigger more than on solo. How it works against solo monsters vs groups I could use so info before judgeing.
        My only complaints here: RF notification and RF with scatter when you have one month right in front of you as main target with mouse on it but the BH thinks RF should be 90 degrees over there and it's out of range...waste.

Most your having suggestions are community suggestions. Approved.

Stalker. Needs total revamp. Like your smoke idea. The 10% I think is considered for proc but this would differentiate like you said and I don't FEEL the 10% at all....
        This set though just gets bogged down. Can't pull huge groups like a mage and can't clear fast enough. When you design a set that can have 2.2M DPS and gets stuck trial 100 from time something is up... Maybe the smoke bonus would let you pull more while requiring skill.
        Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
        Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
        see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
        and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
        It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

The 10% extra attack proc is just weak in general. Might be cool for a Warrior with dual DRs, but it shouldn't be a set item buff at all IMO, and especially not a 4 or 6 buff like it is now.
          Champion Level 1035 -

Comment

Overall, I just need BH should get additional skills instead of looking at the set items.
            • Assault is good from where it stands.
              • If they will nerf the 50% cooldown reduction on Rapid fire come next patch, then they should buff the damage it deals and it should consistently serve its purpose or better yet, leave it alone and buff the Mage and Warrior skills so they won't have to tell devs to nerf BH.
            • If Havoc will be updated and the missile proc on normal attacks will be the level of your seekers, then it will be the 6 set item effect. Not two, because combining it with other set items will be too OP. The second would be either a massive AR boost or CD reduction on Seekers.
            • About the gun, why not? There can be a gun that has a chance to convert monsters into the dinosaur-like thing in TBD. More like a skill that when used infects and mutate the enemy and when it bursts, either it deals a massive AOE damage or summon a monster.
              • Or just introduce a shotgun named item/drop for Assault. A sniper weapon item for Stalker.
            • But if not all of the above, the Devs can simply look into adding Skills that synergizes with the current BH skills pretty much like how the warrior skills have been made.
            Bounty Hunters: Aice Sang (Assault), Natalia (Stalker)

Mage: Seulgi (Exp), Suzybae (ANB 3 3rd & Live-LB 11th)

Warrior: Asuna

FIRU VARI WAFI 3808 (Mobile & PC)

Comment

Originally posted by Nikko.mendoza89 View Post
              Overall, I just need BH should get additional skills instead of looking at the set items.
              • Assault is good from where it stands.
                • If they will nerf the 50% cooldown reduction on Rapid fire come next patch, then they should buff the damage it deals and it should consistently serve its purpose or better yet, leave it alone and buff the Mage and Warrior skills so they won't have to tell devs to nerf BH.
              • If Havoc will be updated and the missile proc on normal attacks will be the level of your seekers, then it will be the 6 set item effect. Not two, because combining it with other set items will be too OP. The second would be either a massive AR boost or CD reduction on Seekers.
              • About the gun, why not? There can be a gun that has a chance to convert monsters into the dinosaur-like thing in TBD. More like a skill that when used infects and mutate the enemy and when it bursts, either it deals a massive AOE damage or summon a monster.
                • Or just introduce a shotgun named item/drop for Assault. A sniper weapon item for Stalker.
              • But if not all of the above, the Devs can simply look into adding Skills that synergizes with the current BH skills pretty much like how the warrior skills have been made.
              agree. I'm not a big fan of Nerf. I prefer when everyone else just gets buffed.
              I also think it's time for those two handed weapons the wiki mentioned and some new skills. Opens up a lot just to add those things in....

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...

Comment

Originally posted by Cultusfit View Post

agree. I'm not a big fan of Nerf. I prefer when everyone else just gets buffed.
                I also think it's time for those two handed weapons the wiki mentioned and some new skills. Opens up a lot just to add those things in....
                True. The easiest thing to do is nerf but the best thing in the long run is to buff others so they can compete with the strong ones.

Personally, this isn't whining or trying to protect BH. But rather, hey, look at who are reaching the top with BH? PC users? This is a mobile game and I bet majority if not 90% use this game via mobile so if you're nerfing BH or whoever, you're making that twice as hard to mobile users. BH is only OP on PC users based on what I saw. Same for Mage. So better yet get rid of PC (Just kidding-others might cry).

Yeah, if you buff everyone, they'll compete with trials (which is what you want so people keep playing). It will end up with the class being played with better skill than just the class winning overall because of an edge with a device or skill, or a set. If mage complains that BH will just dodge left and right and kill, then I haven't heard of a BH that complains how mage easily kills mobs (with the same left and right dodge, frankly). So to get rid of any bad things (leaving players). Just balance everything by buffing. Take note that you guys (Devs) aren't updating the game frequently so NERFS make you lose player base of the class you nerf, rather than BUFFS getting you increase your playerbase, shifting players to that class maybe, or returning PLAYERS and all which can possibly net you gems (AKA funds to improve the game).

Then the last thing to do is make meaningful events or simply continue ANB with some additional events once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikko.mendoza89 View Post

True. The easiest thing to do is nerf but the best thing in the long run is to buff others so they can compete with the strong ones.

Personally, this isn't whining or trying to protect BH. But rather, hey, look at who are reaching the top with BH? PC users? This is a mobile game and I bet majority if not 90% use this game via mobile so if you're nerfing BH or whoever, you're making that twice as hard to mobile users. BH is only OP on PC users based on what I saw. Same for Mage. So better yet get rid of PC (Just kidding-others might cry).

Yeah, if you buff everyone, they'll compete with trials (which is what you want so people keep playing). It will end up with the class being played with better skill than just the class winning overall because of an edge with a device or skill, or a set. If mage complains that BH will just dodge left and right and kill, then I haven't heard of a BH that complains how mage easily kills mobs (with the same left and right dodge, frankly). So to get rid of any bad things (leaving players). Just balance everything by buffing. Take note that you guys (Devs) aren't updating the game frequently so NERFS make you lose player base of the class you nerf, rather than BUFFS getting you increase your playerbase, shifting players to that class maybe, or returning PLAYERS and all which can possibly net you gems (AKA funds to improve the game).

Then the last thing to do is make meaningful events or simply continue ANB with some additional events once in a while.
                  Stupid mages killing mobs so easy....
                  I really see those as class bonuses....build upon the BH being able to handle bosses like he does. Build upon Mage taking out groups....Build upon...uh what do warriors do? Anything besides suck?

I really like the assault set. I know scatter is meant to be short range but....it does make it hard for mobile. It's an amazing concept to me that accents their purpose really well and everything. So i dont think it should be nerfed ever. I think other classes should just be brought up to par. I DO hope they can find a way to make it viable for mobile players though so that they can enjoy it more too.

But keeping each class strongest in what it does and how it does it etc. I think is not only important for the short term but, (supposedly if it is true) when multiplayer and such is released this is how it will shine. Having everyone playing mage or BH wont work. You would WANT the highest results happening when a warrior is holding mobs and a BH is staggering them/blinding them and a mage clears them.
                  Then a BH would hold back most of the bosses worst attacks, allowing a mage to just drop DPS and a warror being able to....uh...whatever it is they do with bosses.

Comment

Warriors don't die. You can play stupid mode with a Warrior and not die

Comment

Originally posted by GrauGeist View Post
                      you obviously have never played a warrior past T100
                      ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
                      ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
                      Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Originally posted by GrauGeist View Post
                        Oh...now I get why Destroytokyo like it so much ..
                        and why mine has. Yet to ever loos a trial even though I have no idea what I am doing with him

Comment

If they're afraid that BH or Mage will be OP in the PVP, then they can just modify the damage they do in PvP. It's like Snipe for example, if it does 5000% damage with a guaranteed crit on mobs and bosses. Then you can reduce that damage in PvP more like 3000% instead. However, that totally depends on beta testing. Just an example to see if beta testers see something so crazy it's killing everyone in the PvP room. While BH is do or die class because the only escape it has is smokescreen which isn't really helping if you're up against an AOE PvP enemy then I somehow see BH more of a glass cannon really than mages.

Mages will be more of a balanced class that can choose between getting a shield (preferrably) or go glass cannon and just make sure to blink dodge skills or freeze enemies and I'm imagining the frost nova, into blizzard and, ice beam one team - aka - thanatos snap of a finger killer. The best they could do though is to release coop play in the new map. The 4th planet should be comprised of a lot of maps that can be finished alone (takes time) or together (faster).

Create bosses or raid bosses/mini bosses that drop specific kinds of items or set items. That makes more sense. Like example: Boss 1 drops random shoulder set items, Boss 2 drops Tunics, Boss 3 drops Pistol, etc. This will make it a great experience to maximize what you've done for the story mode rather than people grinding mindlessly in trials, LOL.

And oh? Do I need to remind everyone and introduce them to the Summoner champion boss before? That almost one shots anyone squishy enough? LMAO. Newbies are so lucky they no longer have that in the trials bosses.

Comment

Scatter shot range is fine.

Comment

Rytrik, one of Mage's advantages against mobs with Arcanist 4 + AB 10 (soon to be Arcanist 2, supposedly) is that AB spreads across multiple enemies when firing from longer ranges. Increasing the range of SS will put Assault 2 + SS more on par with that by providing similar blanketing (especially when combined with Piercing Ammo and Shock Ammo). The buff for PA/SA could be raised instead, but I don't see that happening.

Nikko, are they really going with PvP in the future? Will that be in addition to or instead of co-op? That doesn't sound like a very good idea. Also, your other suggestions sound good, but let's try to keep this thread on-topic. ;-) Oh, and totally agreed on NERFing vs. buffing. Plus, I think PC and mobile should be ranked separately given the substantial differences between the controls. Not having to draw gives PC players a huge advantage.

I like the idea of a shotgun-type named item, too, although that would be a big balancing issue where Scatter Shot and Assault buffs are concerned. I don't know so much about the enemy turning skill, since that doesn't really seem to fit the BH class. That's why I suggested a pistol that summons canine-like beasts, because it would fit the Class.

I think a damage buff to the Havoc 2 proc from using current-level Heatseekers damage scaling would be less OP than making the CD reduction the Havoc 2 buff, since it would still be relatively tame prior to big upgrades to HS. The point of the Havoc 2 proc is to supplement your basic attack without interrupting it, but the 500% cap becomes a weak addition once Lethal Shot/Scatter Shot have been upgraded to higher levels.

HS 10 is still a pretty powerful skill even without the Havoc 6 missile increase, so a Cooldown for that *plus* the missile increase should cost you the full Set 6 (since that eliminates the possibility of Crit/Haste buffs from other Set 2's). Likewise with an AOE increase of 50% or more instead. Personally, I'd prefer the CD reduction over the AOE since HS usually doesn't put every missile on just the mob.

Cultus, I agree with what you're saying about Class specializations (especially where a future multiplayer mode is concerned), but mobbing efficiency is a must for each Class. BH's biggest bossing advantage comes from speed, which isn't going anywhere. That *does* justify a reduction in BH's "natural" mobbing ability for balance's sake, but BH is currently a little too underpowered against mobs. I realized that when I tested out Havoc 6 and saw a huge increase in mob efficiency despite the massive Damage drop-off compared to his usual gear.

With the Assault set, the problem is that it requires close range without imparting more defense. At least from what I've seen, BH generally gets a Toughness boost relative to Mage, but it's not enough to make point-blank fighting a good idea. Maybe Assault set pieces should just have higher base Armor than other comparable Set pieces? That might be worth adding to the original post too... An increase to SS's range would essentially accomplish the same thing, but a base Armor increase to Assault could work instead for folks like Rytrik who are fine with SS's range.
                              Last edited by Melchiah; 05-02-2018, 11:08 AM.
                              Champion Level 1035 -

Comment

Working...
                              X