MOBILE: FIX THE GARBAGE CONTROLS & TARGETING PLEASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOBILE: FIX THE GARBAGE CONTROLS & TARGETING PLEASE

Seriously, you can't just copy code from PC to touch-based mobile and then call it a day and sit back and wait for the easy IAP money to roll in. I'm getting sick and tired of getting insta-cheesed on Trials because my character is either ignoring attack commands or charging into mobs/bosses instead of doing what I'm telling it to do. This game really needs to learn how to read a digitizer.
    Champion Level 1035 -

Artemis (DPS Mage): 920K/104K/25K, TL94
    Synergy 178 • Arc/Adv 4/2 • Marcus, Robin, Endar

Estrago (Bounty Hunter): 482K/142K/51K, TL87
    Synergy 101 • Havoc 4 • Marcus, Robin

Athena (XP Mage): 446K/85K/22K, TL91
    Synergy 129 • Adv/Arc 4/2 • Marcus, Eileen, Robin

Mobile • As Of May 24th, 2018

#JustSpamLess: Responsive Controls Are For Skrebz

LUL
    Originally posted by CountBelzebul;n96592
    when i start playing eternium last year...my warrior had 3 maggie as companion...when i heard maggie being nerfed...i got frustrated...then i just delete my warrior...
    YOLO

Comment

This game is actually made for phones, it was only ported to PC later.

Comment

You know how I said no 2k+ CL player will tell you to gitgud seriously? Forget I said that. #Gitgud
        ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
        ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
        Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post
          You know how I said no 2k+ CL player will tell you to gitgud seriously? Forget I said that. #Gitgud
          More like the developers need to gitgud and discover hitboxes. I don't now how player skill factors into having to tap *next* to an enemy to target it, but then again, I also don't speak troll, so I'm probably misunderstanding your trolling.

Humus, that's even sadder news. If it was just a direct port with no tweaking, that would at least be a somewhat acceptable explanation. I guess testing and refinement is a bit too much like work to some developers nowadays... :-\
          Champion Level 1035 -

Comment

Originally posted by Melchiah View Post

More like the developers need to gitgud and discover hitboxes. I don't now how player skill factors into having to tap *next* to an enemy to target it, but then again, I also don't speak troll, so I'm probably misunderstanding your trolling.

Humus, that's even sadder news. If it was just a direct port with no tweaking, that would at least be a somewhat acceptable explanation. I guess testing and refinement is a bit too much like work to some developers nowadays... :-\
            What trial are you at? What class are you playing? And what CL are you currently?
            Bounty Hunters: Aice Sang (Assault), Natalia (Stalker)

Mage: Seulgi (Exp), Suzybae (ANB 3 3rd & Live-LB 11th)

Warrior: Asuna

FIRU VARI WAFI 3808 (Mobile & PC)

Comment

I also don't speak troll...
              Noted.

Comment

More like the developers need to gitgud and discover hitboxes.
                Like I said, you need to #GitGud. That or the problem is your device and it is crappy and the touch pad doesnt work the best. Also another thing is that you might think you are tapping a mob, but you are actually missing it because your finger is on the mob but where you actually tap isn't there.

Comment

They do know hitboxes as they've been adjusted in previous updates. If your device is lagging, it won't recognize gestures. If you are on the run, it won't recognize certain gestures. If your game resolution is turned down, some devices recognize gestures poorly.

Present your problems objectively and without adjectives and they will likely be taken more seriously.
                  Dyoma Crown
                  Dyoma Crown Total: 434

Mage: 143
                  Warrior (DW): 148
                  BH: 143

Warrior (SW): 138

Comment

Originally posted by orion_134 View Post
                    They do know hitboxes as they've been adjusted in previous updates. If your device is lagging, it won't recognize gestures. If you are on the run, it won't recognize certain gestures. If your game resolution is turned down, some devices recognize gestures poorly.

Present your problems objectively and without adjectives and they will likely be taken more seriously.
                    Read this again.
                    It's coming from a mobile main telling you this.

Comment

Device lag isn't the problem. My device runs Eternium just fine at max graphics, immersive off, weather on, 100% 3D creature limit, terrain res normal, and 150% view. And to be on the safe side, I usually run immersive 1, weather off, 0% 3D creature limit, and terrain res low. So it runs fine.

The problem with targeting is that the render while moving is not sync'ing with the environment changes (enemy positions). One way to solve this would be with a camera delay that shifts the camera only after the player toon is sufficiently off-center (instead of keeping it centered with camera movement being immediate). The next solution would involve expanding the hitboxes on enemies to compensate for the discrepancy. The former would help, but the latter is quite frankly necessary if the controls are to keep pace with player skill.

As it stands, they're not. Not nearly. My Mage is at TL91 with 805K/102K/24K and all 10s in AB/AL + Imm/Blizz/Sing + GC/Cel/PI + 28% 96 Integralas + 44% AR (which is low, but better Jewelry is on the way). So you as an experienced player can imagine the bombardment of commands that I'm laying down when pulling mobs that make up 10% to 20% of the Trial clear bar, what with draws and kiting and keeping the AL buffs current and whatnot.

And what I'm dealing with now is that the controls and the targeting are the *ONLY* lethal threat. When the game actually does what I'm telling it to do, it's a breeze. Bosses spawn with 3 minutes left. A cinch, right?
                      ​​​
                      It *would* be, had I not by now lost count of the times that my toon would, say, target trigger a mob that was nowhere near where I was tapping to move, or when they suddenly run 2.5+ screens *AWAY* from the boss (and always when I have the boss on the ropes with just enough time to clear, but none to waste...how cheesily convenient...), or run directly into one of the boss' attacks despite target-tapping the boss when they're well within range.

And that's *just during boss battles.* No huge mobs to render (which is when the controls sketch out even worse, and proper draws are actually *traced* and then somehow just not recognized), no projectiles or constant kiting. Just me, and the boss. That's not device issues; that's sloppy code.

It's extremely frustrating. It's the only thing costing me TLs at this point, and I know there's no way in the world that I'm the only one. If my tone is a bit sharp, then it's to convey that frustration. I don't really *care* if the snarks take my gripes seriously over it because whether or not they do is irrelevant to the facts of the matter. My only concern is whether or not it gets fixed.

I just *hate* seeing good games suffer from those kinds of interface issues. Nothing turns players off quicker, and less players means less support for developers.
                      Champion Level 1035 -

Comment

Imm/Blizz/Sing
                        when pulling mobs that make up 10% to 20% of the Trial clear bar

Bosses spawn with 3 minutes left. A cinch, right?

It's extremely frustrating. It's the only thing costing me TLs at this point
                        1st part, 20% of the bar for a pull is not much.

2nd part, if you can kill the boss in 3 minutes you should easily be able to go up a few more trials.

3rd part, are you saying that your skill is perfect and doesn't limit you AT ALL? That's sure what it sounds like to me... Even I make tons of mistakes during a trial which does limit me (I had a great first pull on 122 with 8 elite archers/liches which would have been easily 50% of the bar but I died)

Comment

There have been a few instances of frustrated players upset at gestures and unresponsive move commands that have recorded their play only to realize it was actually something they were doing wrong. I've also experienced what I thought was a good device turns out to be a not good device for this game. Change devices and my mage went from 113-115. Please let us know your FPS at the peak of rounding up your biggest mob. My higher-end device can't support your game settings without significant lag.
                          Dyoma Crown
                          Dyoma Crown Total: 434

Mage: 143
                          Warrior (DW): 148
                          BH: 143

Warrior (SW): 138

Comment

There have been a few instances of frustrated players upset at gestures and unresponsive move commands that have recorded their play only to realize it was actually something they were doing wrong. I've also experienced what I thought was a good device turns out to be a not good device for this game. Change devices and my mage went from 113-115. Please let us know your FPS at the peak of rounding up your biggest mob. My higher-end device can't support your game settings without significant lag.
                            I think we need to see the legendary Melchiah 's Eternium gameplay skillz in action.

Comment

Originally posted by Rytrik View Post
                              I think we need to see the legendary Melchiah 's Eternium gameplay skillz in action.
                              Seconded. Is he Pro or nub? Prolly nub.

Comment

Working...
                              X