What to do with all these Spiritstones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with all these Spiritstones?

Okay ... Just a few days into the new Season and Silver ANB. Already crafted 3 Brilliant Spiritstones for my ANB hero and three for one of my main farmers while gathering stuff while Season is active. But now I see this ongoing accumulation will simply overwhelm the remaining jewelry I can put the Spiritstones on.

Click image for larger version  Name:	stash.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.0 KB ID:	220756
    With the amount of time remaining in Season and even ANB, I'll be inundated with these things, unless I'm missing something here? Am I?
    Last edited by WarriorSeven; 12-03-2023, 11:18 PM. Reason: Edit OP for main reference.
    “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Originally posted by WarriorSeven View Post
    ... unless I'm missing something here? Am I?
    No, you're not (you rarely do, anyway) I have the same experience with those stones, and at this rate, they will quickly take over the few spaces I have left in my stash. Maybe the drop rate could be adjusted, or the stones could be somehow salvaged (that's how they will end up, after all).

Comment

• WarriorSeven
      WarriorSeven commented
      Editing a comment
      Fair ... but where's the QC here? This game seems to introduce more problems as time goes by. No kidding here (well, okay, tongue-in-cheek), it's as if these issues are intentionally introduced to guarantee the necessary job security to fix them!

• Halbrad
      Halbrad commented
      Editing a comment
      Is it that bad? They stack up to 100. If you fuse them, you can have the equivalent of 900 Radiant gemstones in one single stack of 100 Brilliants. I currently have gathered about 170 Radiants in 6 hours of Silver ANB, so will probably end up with something like 250 in the entire ANB. With 3 ANBs in a season and some main-character time in between, I don't expect to even get that one single stack of Brilliants in a season.

• Mxtof
      Mxtof commented
      Editing a comment
      Unlikely... But not impossible. Well, there's an old saying in development: "If it's not tested, it's broken". What you describe is a symptom of a lack of testing (because it is unpleasant, ungrateful, and usually the first thing thrown out the window when time is running out). Some beta testing sessions would surely help to improve the quality (granted there ARE beta testers), but one can't set this up anyway when the product is being rushed.

Halbrad Thanks for the info
      Last edited by Mxtof; 12-04-2023, 08:23 PM. Reason: Missed a reply while typing

Originally posted by WarriorSeven View Post
    Okay ... Just a few days into the new Season and Silver ANB. Already crafted 3 Brilliant Spiritstones for my ANB hero and one one of my main farmers while gathering stuff while Season is active. But now I see this ongoing accumulation will simply overwhelm the remaining jewelry I can put the Spiritstones on.

Click image for larger version Name:	stash.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.0 KB ID:	220756
    With the amount of time remaining in Season and even ANB, I'll be inundated with these things, unless I'm missing something here? Am I?
    I just sell to her. I have almost stopped collecting for her. the game is all the same. now i only play for the daily amoebas that give the gems

Comment

the only problem with fusing all those is that... it's expensive. This ANB I will easily end up with 300-400 radiants. Fusing them would cost 365K per 100. Selling them yields 10k. I'll probably just keep them in the stash and then use the ANB hero as a mule, and see what happens at the end of the season...
      Mage: Anba
      Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Comment

• Halbrad
        Halbrad commented
        Editing a comment
        True, that's about 1.5M for Silver (and Gold and Platinum combined will probably end up slightly less as they have the same amount of playtime in total, but during the race to 70 and the final push you get less). So, about three million in total for 70-80 Brilliants, give or take a few. Three million requires about 20 minutes of Darkhold Citadel runs, that's not insignificant.

It would be nice to hear in advance what kind of essences we will get so we can decide if it's worth it. If it's like 1 greater essence per Brilliant, it's probably not worth it (I think I get more essences from Kara runs at TL 125 in 20 minutes).

Yup, once you get your three brilliant per jewelry set, the rest are trash like most everything else foraged outside the ANB. Just sell. Do not fuse them.

Comment

Well, already this season I've gotten more than 200 of these stones . I can only use 27 each in the ANB and my R&R hero. It seems either the drop rate has to be significantly decreased or next season the spirit stones need to start out as common or even uncut stones.

Comment

Anyone have details on exactly how the Spiritstones will convert at the end of the season. I've been fusing mine to save space, but does their salvage value increase, or should I just store hundreds of Radiants? I have the space and the gold to do either.

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
          Travis | Support Mgr. commented
          Editing a comment
          They will be salvageable for air and water essence. The higher the rarity of the Stone, the more essence you'll get.

"The higher the rarity of the Stone, the more essence you'll get."

Intimating that fusing them is a good cost/output investment? Doesn't fully answer the question: Is the money we put into fusing these things better than "break even"? (with gold and essences being non-fungible...at this point, most of us have an insane amount of essences)

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
          Editing a comment
          Velocinite:

Radiant - 9 lesser Air essence, 9 lesser Water essence
          Trillion - 3 Air essence, 3 Water essence
          Brilliant - 1 greater Air essence, 1 greater Water essence

• LodWig
          LodWig commented
          Editing a comment
          Would have been more in the... spirit of the game to get twice the amount of Air essences, as two attributes of Velocinites were Air based, vs. one Water based

It appears the Velocinite equipped on non-active toons disappeared without giving any Essence. I don't know for the ones in the inventory of non-active toons.
        Edit: I got no essence at all from the Velocinites of my event toon. I spent 210000 gold to convert 54 Radiants to Brilliants, for nothing. (That is not counting the cost of making the three Brilliants I actually used...)
        Last edited by LodWig; 01-08-2024, 06:44 PM.
        Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
        Eternium Files

Comment

ALL the Velocinite disappeared from the General bank and all the toon banks including the ones socketed in jewelry of all toons. Had to replace them with Gemstones just to have something in there. Saddest part is my toons all go sooo much slower now By the way, once I figured things out, I only upgraded the Velocinite for the needed jewelry and just stacked the small ones. I should have sold them because they ALL disappeared. Knowledge for next time

ZANO QUQU HIMA 4014

Comment

So all the spiritstones have gone as planned. Fair enough and no complaints there. Essences have presumably been added straight into the material stashes.

But unlike the season bank reward notifications, there is nothing to say how much essences we actually got unless we knew exactly how much of each essence we had prior to the season ending.

For future seasons, would it be possible to get the converted essences delivered to the in game mail box like we do for essences coming from an ANB character?

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
            Editing a comment
            Yes, we plan to improve the UI/flow around Spiritstone conversion.

Travis, can you please give more detailed information about the conversion process! What exactly did we get in exchange for a single radiant/trillion/brilliant spiritstone?

Comment

Looking at the results of the conversion I must say that what we get really is not that much, it's hard to recognize without a magnifying-glass. It really should be significantly more, and surely more than just one GE of Air as suggested by Lodwig. Keep in mind that you need 4 * 35 GEs to craft one piece of gear (outside ANBs) e. g.. At least I'd expect that we get back the gold we invested fusing trillion and brilliant spiritstones. I myself spent about 1.8m gold fusing 52 brilliants.

Considering the announcement of the great changes that would come with the coming (and by now passed) season the whole matter reminds me of a short fable by Aesop:

"A mountain was in labour, uttering immense groans,
          and on earth there was very great expectation.
          But it gave birth to a mouse. This has been written for you,
          who, though you threaten great things, accomplish nothing."
          (Phaedrus 4.24)

Folks of DP and MF: Be more generous towards your players!

Comment

It took me about 2.5 hrs. of semi-sweaty play to MAKE 3 of the big babyblue stones. Noticeably slower than when FIRST released. This would be directly from update. Same time period I got 42(?) of the newest stones.

I don't math unless it's legal fees.

Edit: Only 1-2 of the newest stones from gem clusters, of which I think I opened 20(ish).
            Last edited by Bryan James; 01-13-2024, 03:26 AM.

Comment

So the drop rate has apparently been adjusted...perhaps by too much? I've been farming 125 with a 200% booster since the season started and still haven't received enough radiant manatees to make one brilliant...
              DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
                Editing a comment
                More Spiritstones have been added to the mix, making it more difficult to get any one type.

• WarriorSeven
                WarriorSeven commented
                Editing a comment
                I for one like the current drop rate. Seems to be just enough. Good tweak by the devs!
            Working...
            X