No announcement yet.

Resource farming for new players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a total newbie - just wondering if it make a difference on what jewel gets socketed into certain equipment? E.g. if I put +40% common diamond armor on a shield, will it provide better return than putting it on a weapon?

Comment

• Tin Man
      Tin Man commented
      Editing a comment
      No, in general, this is no difference where you socket the gemstones. I can think of only one situation that where you socket a gemstone makes a difference, the shield for a shield warrior. Even in that case, it is not the gemstone that makes the difference. Rather than the gemstone directly making a difference, the difference comes from the Sword and Board ability. That is the only ability that I can think of which is directly impacted by where you socket a gemstone.

Thanks Tin Man!!

Comment

I want to say here that i see a lot of advice for new players to farm morgenheim for gold. But it not really good advice for brand new players to do so because rakshul has a lot of vitality... unless a brand new player is already playing with a decent gear set, it takes a lot longer to defeat him that it does to defeat sivari in the catacombs, for example.

Rakshul isnt so bad in normal and heroic modes but, in legendary mode it can take longer to defeat him than it does to run through all of the enemies in the rest of the entire level. If you are running with a costly gold multiplier, its not very economical to run morgenheim...

There are as many or more chests on demeter. Darkhold citadel is a good one. Drakenmoor catacombs, and even scartree forest are the better bets for players starting out

Comment

Have to agree this assessment,Rakshul is a beast! However,you also gain extra mats with Rakshul run .....

Comment

erm
          as a Story Mode Lover
          for me:

if Gold: Darkhold Citadel
          Mats: Morghenheim
          somethin in between?:: The Temple
          Would never used even the cheap 50% boosters: "Scartree Forest". frequently stuck here and there, merry go round, back & forth, time-consuming etc etc. It's some kind of " magnetic place" this: Scatree Forest.
          in ANB's?: The Levanian Jungle (most relaxing with decent amount of this and that)
          i could go on and on and on etc etc
          thank you
          Last edited by TheExorcist; 11-28-2020, 06:09 PM.
          Shield warrior Lover

Comment

For a Shatter mage Darkhold 4-43, is the fastest gold per minute. If you get a Frostfire belt, Morgenhiem is not bad if you thermal shock him at 39+ stacks. He takes forever until you get high damage output.
            Just a note for my account in the A/B testing world right now, if you got the low test, Heroic and Legendary mode DO NOT provide enough extra gold, jewels or mats to make the extra time worth it. Stick with normal mode. In Darkhold you need to be able to hit for 800k damage with a single shot to one shot everything but the "boss", 1M to one shot him.
            Morgenhiem you need to be able to hit for 90M in short order to make the runs effective.

Chest farming for Ledgendary gear (BoM on the cheap) The Defiler Legendary mode, avg 1 chest per 3 runs. This doesn't mean you see one every three runs, you can go up to 10 without seeing one and than see 3 in one level.

Comment

Hey.... 2 ?s
              what/where is BoM
              What is a 'shatter mage'

P

Comment

• Otaliema
                Otaliema commented
                Editing a comment
                A Shatter mage is a ELR mage without a the ELR set and just the weapon and tome. Shatter is a wide area fire attack that hits for 3000% of weapon damage, on frozen targets, frost nova freezes all targets on your mini map and/or are chasing you, immolate then shatters them. Thermal shock via freezing a target on fire hits for 1000% WD of each stack of burning on monsters. So 39 stacks of frost fire hits for 30M+ most of the time.
                BoM is a Bracer of Mastery. They have effects ranging from boosting your basic attack to boosting your specials. There like 8 for each class. They are 100 glory per recipe and a crazy amount of mats to make.

Thanks Otaliema.
              im curious....
              my Gold digger is a warrior. 30 FPS movement, 1150% gold 45% cooldown /over 3k ability without buffs.
              ​​​​​Wiith 200 multiplier I can fly through DC and make about 8 million plus whatever comes in 4 chests on the run and the 3 on the end.
              Morg takes longer because I get all the chests even though I can kill the boss in one hit with a charge or leap.
              i sport 4x fury, 2x warlord and axes and find the trailing spawned tornados do much to clean up mobs on the run.

For mats.... I just grind and salvage L100 while watching Star Trek OG reruns.

Could I be doing allot better?

Comment

• Stusmith50
                Stusmith50 commented
                Editing a comment
                Maybe you could do better, but not a huge amount. The top mage/BH farmers are getting 9million+ gold on DC. But it takes practice to get the timing of attacks optimised.

• Stusmith50
                Stusmith50 commented
                Editing a comment
                Also your XG value seems low - 1250% isn't hard to get my farmer has 1250% and only a couple of 77 items.

I have no idea to be honest. Tin Man would know better. I’m still only pulling 25k a run on 4-43 but I do a run in like 25 seconds. It takes as long to reset as is does to clear it lol.

Comment

• Tin Man
                Tin Man commented
                Editing a comment
                @command_its@hotmail.com Farming is not really my thing. Others are much more knowledgeable about it than me. The easiest rule of thumb is whatever hero you clear the chest with the fastest while also having the highest Extra Gold value.

With a hunter, while running Darkhold Citadel aka DC aka 4-43, only the three chests at the end are opened and those are run straight to without bothering with anything else. That takes around 22 seconds and nets 20k+ gold, do not recall the actual average but pulls over 9M per booster.
                Last edited by Tin Man; 12-08-2020, 02:41 AM.

Cool..... Ill ask him.
              thanks again for your earlier response.
              In fact, I have a 'shatter mage' but didnt know why the 'shatter part' only worked sometimes. The info about the 35 stack makes it all clear now.
              appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by command_its@hotmail.com View Post
                Cool..... Ill ask him.
                thanks again for your earlier response.
                In fact, I have a 'shatter mage' but didnt know why the 'shatter part' only worked sometimes. The info about the 35 stack makes it all clear now.
                appreciate it.
                Shatter is half of it.
                when you have frost bolt equipped frost nova causes northern wind which causes all mobs on map and off map that are chasing you to be counted as frozen. You the have 3 seconds to Cast a fire support skill either Immolate or DFA which causes them to shatter for 3k% WD.
                casting a frost support skill on a burning target causes it to take 1K% off remaining burn damage instantly. So with correct timing, after using arc lightning for a 5 stack cast immolate on a stationary boss then frost beam they thermal shock, start burning again taking more damage than soon as frost beam is done hit them with frost nova for massive damage. I run with a dropped fire Lilly that gives me 400% and my largest hit was 500M on a TL90 Kara. I think anyways, it hit her for 80% of her life in one shot.

Comment

Nice!!!
                  ill atart to make the necessary modifications
                  Thanks again Otaliema.

Comment

Extremely helpful guide, thank you.

Comment

My current problem is how to farm enough silk cloths to craft nightcloths. Is there a more efficient way to do it than to farm gold and buy a lot of 25k "basic resource crate"?

Comment

• Beercules
                        Beercules commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Those crates are a total waste of gold, dont buy them... the most important thing for you to do first is increase your crafting mastery level so you are getting more resources from your salvaging and from chests. Craft blue lvl 19 normal items (you get more out of the salvage than you put in ) Also, salvage everything, sell nothing... it is bad advice in the op of this thread to say that common items are "useless"... thats where you get silk cloth and iron bars from if nothing else... try to keep the bulk of your crafting to anb, where it is cheaper. Otherwise, farm story and trial mode for items to salvage... you get like 2 to 6 cloths per item everytime. In one story mode level, you can get the same amount or more than what you get from a basic resource crate

• ilpoteredelsilenzio
                        ilpoteredelsilenzio commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Update: I was doing something very wrong! I was farming with my second hero (a Bounty Hunter) and hence receiving more leather than everything else! I was not considering that salvaging results depend on the hero class!!!!

i'm havin excessive appetite for gold
                      you just name it? Citadel? temple? canyon of whispers? TBD? etc etc and etc
                      but there's one place i never neglect especially if i'm too lazy: it's very simple straight forward absolutely no distraction for a "Whirliwnd with fleet footed kind of thing":

THE LEVANIAN JUNGLE (with 4 chest -one along the road)

it is as simple as that
                      have a nice day
                      Last edited by TheExorcist; 02-16-2021, 02:46 AM.
                      Shield warrior Lover

Comment

• Beercules
                        Beercules commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Agreed! That one is fun and the chests at the end spew a lot of coinage. I tried the severed mountain trick - run it more than 20 times so you spawn near the end after 20. With one of the expensive multipliers, its really the fastest way to get the most gold with your xg set
                    Working...
                    X