X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reaucat
    commented on 's reply
    Nice ! It's also my first ANB in this new format, but i came with the advantage of having all recipes.

Personally, because i'm kinda in the same boat (CL 530, farming 65), i can say that without buying the legendary crate you SHOULD be able to hit TL 80 once your TL 65 completion time reaches 2 minutes on a good run. This requires more CL, so more EXP farming (since you don't have the advantage of crafting tonns of gear). So without knowing more here's what i think get you the most out of YOUR experience:

1) Switch to your main, and get your crafting up to level 40 using lvl 14 greens.. (50 preferred). This costs only time, 1-2 gold 200% boosts, and some light carpal tunnel.
    1.1) while doing this, Upgrade all primary skills/passives to minimum lvl 7. (wait 2-3 days if you can afford that on your main event timer)
    2) Farm trial level 50/55 (2 min runs), craft BLUE %gold gear for a full gold farming set while you do this.
    3) Once you have a full gold farming set, use a 200% gold boost and run severed mountain for the entire 30 minutes.
    4) Switch back to EXP gear, and continue farming CL levels, but now you have gold, so as soon as you get enough essences/marks, replace your gear piece by piece. with exp+ best dps stats for your build.
    5) Save your CT until the end.
    6) With 1h or so left, re-roll the exp on your gear into daamge stats, and try to push to TL 100 (i'm certain you will have hit 80 long before that).
    7) Once your push is done (10 minutes left), craft all your materials into weapons trying to get the highest possible weapon, (do a short gold run if needed), use your CT's on the best 2 pieces of gear, and that's it.

Keaven has a bunch of info posted about step/by step for ANB, but his guide relies on a decent investment with gems (i've spent about 3500 gems so far, but it's because i'm noob and didn't budget. you should be able to hit the same milestones as i did without all this investment).

• Keaven
    commented on 's reply
    If you think you can make TL 80 try and aim to farm MoTs as well to be able to attempt crafting a lvl 77 legendary set item to go with it if you have any recipes you want.

You sound pretty set for your next ANB too which is good. First is always tough.
    Last edited by Keaven; 06-03-2020, 09:49 AM.

• Jellybug
    commented on 's reply
    Without much play experience, I formed the goals above in ignorance and smashed them already: I have a fully developed character with 3 rare jewelry boxes and more CLs than my account has currently. Now I have a decision to make. It seems I can chase either the highest possible CL I can reach, or slow down the XP a bit and make a DPS push at the end for the CT boxes. The ephemeral jewelry can go towards one purpose or the other, not both. I'm only able to craft 3 of the set pieces and the offhand, so that's my only shot at improving DPS or XP gains.

Without knowing any better, I guess that I would end up regretting not going for the CTs, so that should probably be the goal. Open to suggestion, though.
    Last edited by Jellybug; 06-03-2020, 08:55 AM.

• Keaven
    commented on 's reply
    What are your goals for this ANB?

• Jellybug
    commented on 's reply
    6h41m remains, I'm CL 424 and TL 65 (5:59), better than I thought possible. Seems like 80+ is not so out of reach. I have the ephemeral ring boxes, will surely get the amulet, but I'm stuck with epic box experience gear on 5 slots, including main hand and cape. Perhaps some luck on the recipes will get me further. Only gems spent so far outside of character development is the 27 used for L7 epic experience jewelry. Going to start spending some now, though: I'm out of free experience boosters and am feeling like there's significant improvement to be had socketing the remaining 7 gear slots.

• Stusmith50
    replied
    Blue none set gear for xg - cheap to re-craft so you can get a high xg %. Look to improve from trial drops in the future. Movement speed on boots and pants instead of power.
    for jewelry you'll want to work towards single stat xg legendary. It can take a while to collect 3 sets of 27 xg green rings/necks, so you can start farming with epics and create more epics for fusing as you farm.

Leave a comment:

• Reaucat
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for the advice, MC42 now, will finish 50 today/tomorrow.
    Follow up question:
    1) For the gold farming, since i'm doing it on easy difficulty, should i craft a set %gold gear, or just normals?
    2) How good should by %gold rings/neck be? Rare, Epic, Legendary?
    Last edited by Reaucat; 06-02-2020, 05:16 PM.

• Montresor
    commented on 's reply
    if you're not going to buy a legendary crate, i would focus on whatever the highest trial you can do in 2-ish minutes - you're going to need the materials.

for gold, create a cheap set of + gold gear and do severed mountain (map 1-10). the first 20 runs are slow, but after run 20 you'll start spawning near the boss, and sometimes right on top of the chest.

definitely still possible to hit TL 100. the approach will really be the same whether you're going after gear or TLs - farm levels you can do fast. abandoning the boss is really for people that are spending gems & aiming for top of the leaderboard (probably tl 120 or higher).

the custom jewelry will be a big boost for you. also, if your gear doesn't already have +xp, start adding pieces that do. it will make a big difference in adding CLs. this applies to the jewelry also. (some people will craft xp / dps jewelry; some people use the ephemeral for it; either way works)

• Jellybug
    commented on 's reply
    Almost 3h40m in, and I definitely have the sense that ANB is the purview of crafting recipes and gem expenditure. It took me a good long time to get to 70 without either. I didn't know the Epic boxes would make things I can't craft myself yet, so I could theoretically complete an Epic Arcanist set at TL50, with TL60 giving me the cape of my choice. I'm at CL134 and TL40 (4m36s). Haven't used the XP boosters yet, apart from the stew & tea, so I think that's next. Will switch ability choices to match the Arcanist pieces, and see how far I go. TL65 (for the 3 gem boxes) seems reachable, but I've never been higher than 45 so I have no idea really. If I get there, my only other goal would probably be as much CL as I can get - my main account is only CL363.

• Reaucat
    replied
    Seeking advice. 9h left, i'm CL 235, TL 55, in the process of jumping TL by 5's (waiting for skills). Gear is stalker purple/blue set lvl 70. All sets unlocked, mastery crafter lvl 28 (grinding now on main).

Mistakes so far:
    1) Not crafting exp gear every 10 lvl's for the first 2h; Took 2.5h to get to 70, then 0.5h to TL55 by using ephemerals.
    2) Pushed trials at lvl 10 without waiting for leveling skills, contributed to this early rocky start.

Question:
    1) If jumping trials by +5 requires 3.5m runs, is it better to force the jumps and keep jumping using gear, or do a few CL farm trials before continuing jumping?
    2) Once i get to 80/hit the 5m mark on TL's, do i farm WITHOUT killing bosses?
    3) If I don't buy a legendary crafting crate, which area should i farm for gold/gear (0% gold boost).
    4) Is it still possible to hit TL100, or should i focus on getting lvl 76/77 gear after TL80 ?

Leave a comment:

• Keaven
    commented on 's reply
    I wouldn't recommend relying on accidental legendaries.

As far as achieving goals economically with only epic crafting, it's a good concept. I don't need to be so conservative, so I would like to hear your results if doing this.

It nullifies my primary ANB goal, however.

If you do end up speed running you certainly won't need to be so conservative.

• Keaven
    commented on 's reply
    Which is why I recommend getting at least 1 legendary crate as soon as hitting level 70 Ozymandius . Rather than doing it at the end, you get maximum benefit from the gear crafted before grinding and improved odds of crafting elusive lvl 77 items.

• Jellybug
    replied
    Hi, all. Been playing for 2 or so weeks, would like some advice on making the most of this ANB.

I played a mage up very casually, not crafting anything, dying to some bosses, investing in the cheap gem character upgrades, etc. The Hunter that followed had half the gear re-crafted every 10 levels and ripped through without any gem expenditure, so I quickly realized the advantage of playing smarter. CL is now around 330, I have 4m gold 3k gems, and have done the max crafting level grind. But I have no more than a handful of recipes, and I've not moved beyond TL50.

It doesn't seem worthwhile to keep the mage character despite the gem investment, and the hunter can be tossed (after being my first speed runner, likely), so it seems a good approach would be to re-make the mage in this ANB, make all the gem investments, and then bring her into the main account. Along the way, it would be great do get to TL50-65 for the 3 jewelry boxes. I just have a feeling TL80 for the first CT might be both out of reach and largely pointless for a early game player, with neither set recipes or a large gem investment.

So ... how would you make the most of this?

My ideas, all open to suggestions:

All cheap Character upgrades, plus a utility slot
    Craft rare XP/Move/DPS stuff every 10 levels
    Craft epics at 70 (this will actually yield accidental Legendary armor, those aren't unlocked yet for cloth pieces)
    Possibly some gold farming needed at Severed Mountain
    Depending on how far the Trial XP takes me, switch to Epic/Legendary DPS for the final stretch?

Without set items, I'm thinking Arcane Bolts/Arc Lightning, Blink/Frost Nova/Death from Above, Celerity/Fleet Footed/Power Infusion. I just don't know how likely it is to be able to expect a full Arcanist or Regalia set to drop in Trials, particularly if I'm not supposed to hang around & kill the boss.

Thanks much for your help!
    Keaven, will be in touch for speed run starter advice.
    Last edited by Jellybug; 06-03-2020, 08:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Keaven
    commented on 's reply
    I overspent in a big way considering I didn't even use all the timer, but if planning to do it that way I'm sure less could be spent, which is what needs to be refined and tested before I could clearly say.

I would expect it to be possible to do so quickly for a around 3.5K.

If able to use the whole timer, it could probably be done for as low as the cost of unlocking abilities and 1 research slot.

• mahara
    commented on 's reply
    I am glad you saw the light at the end of the tunnel one thing i just have to know. what do you call reasonable gem cost?
Working...
X