This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jewelry Crafting/Fusing Guide

This is my attempt of updating and consolidating the various Jewelry Crafting/Fusing guides that are currently available in the forum already. I intend to keep this as a "guide" only topic, so please post all discussions/feedback/additions/etc in the Jewelry Crafting Guide discussion topic - Thank you.

(This is a "placeholder" post so that Travis don't need to keep on approving future updates, due to the permission setting of the Guides forum.)
    Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

The information in this guide are up to date with version 1.4.13 of the game (except for screenshots...) - and may, or may not, apply to newer versions.
    I'll try to keep things updated when new versions are released (when/if I have time)

Please see: Perfect/Near Perfect Jewelry Sharing for a simpler breakdown of the steps, with fusing diagrams...

Table of Contents

These links are to the "replies" below, but they open in a new tab/window instead - no idea how to do "in tab" links right now. Also you may want to wait for the full thread to load before clicking on the links, since there are a number of pictures/screenshots here and the linked offset may be a bit off if they haven't loaded yet.

You DO NOT need to read ALL of the posts below, just go to the specific one that you would like to get more information on - of course, you're quite welcome to read everything, but be warned that there are a lot of information there, so I recommend reading in "small doses" as excessive intake may cause "brain fatigue"

You can use the [>>] in the quote to move to the respective posts, or press on the link themselves to open the post in a new page.

Simply read this for the Summary of the guide itself:
    Originally posted by Nhat View Post

These have basic information on what/how of crafting and fusing, if you already know them, then just skip them:

Some information on trying to work out which attributes you want, best to ask around and/or check leaderboards - this can be a personal choice, which is outside the scope of this guide (I might remove this altogether...)
    Originally posted by Nhat

The following parts go into the technical details of crafting, sorting, and fusing; the notes here are to help you get the best out of what you crafted, the choice of "minimum values" and/or gemstones usages are up to you.
    In depth break down of the current known fusing formula - if you're not too keen on or dislike maths, just ignore it; it's there for the "maths nerds", myself included
    Additional information on what/why/how:

Links to current advisory threads

These are the latest, and up to date, advisory threads with respect to Jewelry Crafting. Many thanks to everyone for their contribution to this complex part of the game.

I initially thought to add the details in this thread directly, but the additional discussions in these various threads might be useful, so I'll link them here instead. I'll update as I find any others, and feel free to send me pms on any additional threads that should be linked here, or if something here is outdated/should be removed. Thank you.

Links to existing threads

Please note that while some of the Attributes/stat ranges are invalid, the fusing "recipes" remains valid for the various builds - as far as I am aware anyway. They also serve as a great source for those looking for more details, and of course for building up the knowledge base to what we have today.

Please keep in mind that there was a major change in Nov 2017 - version 1.2.65 - which affected Jewelry crafting (introduced Haste as an Attribute for Attack Speed, changed range of Life on Hit/Damage Reflected, and others...) Which means, anything written before then should be verified and may no longer apply to the current version of the game.

Fusing formula:

Apr 2016 - Most Efficient Perfect Jewellery Crafting (SAVE LOADS of STONES, GOLD and TIME!!!!!!)
    Earliest Jewelry guide I can find, include initial discovery of the fusing formula.

Aug 2017 - Thourough Jewelcrafting guide with mechanics explained
    All the maths associated to the fusing calculations, extremely useful in determine costs/benefits of potential attribute values tradeoff (using "near max" rather than "max") as well as gemstones tradeoffs - a bit lower in the initial post.

Dec 2017 - [BUG / RFI] Rounding jewelry values
    Refinement of the fusing calculation from the above, in game test data seems to back up the new formula.

Discussions
    Last edited by Nhat; 03-22-2021, 10:51 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

(31 Jul 2019: Updated attributes ranges)

What is Jewelry?

Jewelry in Eternium refers to the Necklace and Rings that your hero can wear.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Necklace.png Views:	21247 Size:	264.1 KB ID:	119037Click image for larger version  Name:	Ring 1.png Views:	21047 Size:	268.3 KB ID:	119039Click image for larger version  Name:	Ring 2.png Views:	20883 Size:	271.1 KB ID:	119041

Why do I want it?

Each piece can increase up to 4 of your Hero's attributes, depending on the quality of the piece:
      • Uncommon => 1 attribute
      • Rare => up to 2 attributes
      • Epic => up to 3 attributes
      • Legendary => up to 4 attributes

How do I get it?

Unlike other items in the game, Jewelry are not dropped by monsters or bosses, and are also not available in chests - they must be crafted.

When you first arrived at the Hometown, after completing the very first map 1. The Shores of Hope, you can see Morgan on the left side of the town. Talking to him will give you a (not so helpful) prompt to "complete level 10" - this is Story Level 10. The Severed Mountain, so go do that and return.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Morgan - Jeweler.png Views:	21154 Size:	265.5 KB ID:	119038Click image for larger version  Name:	Morgan - Locked.png Views:	20674 Size:	254.2 KB ID:	119042Click image for larger version  Name:	The Severed Mountain.png Views:	20813 Size:	279.2 KB ID:	119040

The level of the crafted piece will be the same as the level of the Hero that does the crafting.
      If you rush the missions, you can get it as early as Hero Level 5 (maybe earlier, depending on how much of the mobs you can avoid)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Level 5 - Ring - Random.png Views:	20840 Size:	252.2 KB ID:	119032Click image for larger version  Name:	Level 5 - Necklace - Random.png Views:	20638 Size:	250.9 KB ID:	119034Click image for larger version  Name:	Level 5 - Ring - Fixed.png Views:	20599 Size:	247.8 KB ID:	119031Click image for larger version  Name:	Level 5 - Necklace - Fixed.png Views:	20569 Size:	250.7 KB ID:	119030

Crafting an Uncommon piece with a Random Attribute uses Gold; you have the option of crafting a specific Attribute (click/press on the "Random Attribute" to select) but it will use Gems instead. The costs, whether in Gold or Gems, depend on the level of the piece crafted.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Level 30 - Ring - Random.png Views:	20669 Size:	251.5 KB ID:	119033Click image for larger version  Name:	Level 30 - Ring - Fixed.png Views:	20767 Size:	251.5 KB ID:	119029Click image for larger version  Name:	Level 70 - Ring - Random.png Views:	20673 Size:	273.4 KB ID:	119036Click image for larger version  Name:	Level 70 - Ring - Fixed.png Views:	20662 Size:	273.6 KB ID:	119035

List of possible Attributes for Jewelry:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Jewelry Attributes - 1.png Views:	1 Size:	152.9 KB ID:	81792Click image for larger version  Name:	Jewelry Attributes - 2.png Views:	1 Size:	152.5 KB ID:	81793

Originally posted by Adrian
      Crafting with gold a % experience requires a hero level 17. However, you can craft them sooner with gems.
      (This may no longer be valid, as a number of players have commented on...)

Additional Notes:
      • The actual value of the attribute on the crafted piece is randomly generated, between defined minimum and maximum values - it doesn't matter if you're crafting Random or a specific Attribute.
      • The values displayed in the game are scaled and rounded - only important if you're going for "perfect max".
      • ie. When the game shows a 90 - the real value can be anything from 89.51 to 90 (max); a 58.8% can be anything from 58.751% to 58.849%

Attributes range for level 70:
      • Ability Rate / Critical Rating / Haste / Power / Vitality: 72 - 90
      • Armor: 144 - 180
      • Block Rating: 96 - 120
      • Critical Damage: 48.0% - 60.0%
      • Deflect Rating / Life On Hit: 288 - 360
      • Life Regeneration: 173 - 216
      • Experience / Extra Gold: 36.0% - 45.0%

For lower levels, the easiest way is to select any item of the same level and select Reforge, then look through the list attributes.

Examples: Level 49
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Attributes - 49 Reforge.png Views:	1 Size:	285.6 KB ID:	81926Click image for larger version  Name:	Attributes - 49 Reforge 1.png Views:	1 Size:	262.3 KB ID:	81923Click image for larger version  Name:	Attributes - 49 Reforge 2.png Views:	1 Size:	262.9 KB ID:	81922

Level 61
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Attributes - 61 Reforge.png Views:	1 Size:	296.4 KB ID:	81927Click image for larger version  Name:	Attributes - 61 Reforge 1.png Views:	1 Size:	262.9 KB ID:	81924Click image for larger version  Name:	Attributes - 61 Reforge 2.png Views:	1 Size:	262.2 KB ID:	81925

Given the random nature of the attributes value, most people decide on an acceptable minimum for the desired attribute up front, then craft and simply sell off any piece that are under this limit.

Also, depending on what level you're crafting, and if you're not too keen on getting "near-max", then simply using Gems to get specific attributes may be better - it's entirely up to you, your budget and desired outcome...

But this only gives me Uncommon pieces, how do I get higher ones?

We'll talk about Fusing in the next post...
      Last edited by Nhat; 09-20-2021, 04:00 AM. Reason: updates stats range

Comment

Pre-requisite: Know how to craft Uncommon jewelry pieces, if not, read the basic info post above.

As mentioned in the basics info, you can get up to 4 attributes increases with the Legendary jewelry piece, but since you can only Craft Uncommon, you'll need to Fuse them together to slowly go "up" the "quality" to get more attributes.

This is where things get a bit more complicated, due to the multiple factors that influence the outcome of the Fused piece, I'll cover the basics here first, and then will expand on the details in later post(s). The method is the same for all levels, examples below will mostly be for level 70, since that's what I have lying around...

Fusing is done in the Jewelry page, simply click on the Fuse tab, next to Craft.

The method is simple: place 3 pieces of the same "quality" next to each other in your inventory, and the game will show you the fused result and price.

Click image for larger version  Name:	fuse - result.png Views:	1 Size:	280.7 KB ID:	81980

The game "looks" through your inventory from the top to bottom, and will select the first 3 consecutive pieces that it find, which might be lower down. So make sure to check the fusing outcome, and look for the highlighted jewelry pieces.

Click image for larger version  Name:	fuse - mixed.png Views:	1 Size:	281.2 KB ID:	81979

The process is the same for other grades as well (ss to be added...)
        - 3 uncommons => 1 rare
        - 3 rares => 1 epic
        - 3 epics => 1 legendary

Simple enough you say? Here comes the complications, briefly.

0. IGNORE Displayed "Fusion Rating:" value

From what I can tell, the fusion rating is more focused on the best "spread" of attributes for a piece. Which may be "best" for that particular one, but bad for the following fusing steps, due to the way the calculations work.

You can see that 118 Haste is "worse" than 101 Haste and 95 Power (total 196). But for the next fuse step, having 118 Haste is better than 101 Haste. See the maths post in the Jewelry guide, if you're interested in the details.

Also, it seems the rating doesn't account for the bonuses correctly, which is how the "primary" attributes get boosted.

1. The Level of Fused piece is the average of the 3 pieces

Click image for larger version  Name:	mixed level - 1 70.png Views:	1 Size:	280.1 KB ID:	81977Click image for larger version  Name:	mixed level - 2 70.png Views:	1 Size:	279.1 KB ID:	81976Click image for larger version  Name:	mixed level - 3 58.png Views:	1 Size:	280.5 KB ID:	81982Click image for larger version  Name:	mixed level - result.png Views:	1 Size:	281.4 KB ID:	81981

Don't do this - always ensure that you're fusing 3 pieces of the same level.

This used to be a viable method of "boosting new heroes", but have been patched in version 1.2.65:
        Originally posted by Red (Developer) View Post
        Hello guys, these are the changes made to the game between versions 1.2.49 and 1.2.65.

Bug fixes
        • Fixed a bug which allowed low level jewelry with abnormally high stats to be created.

2. Getting more attributes on fused pieces

The number of attributes on the fused piece depends on its "grade" and the attributes on the fusing pieces - the in-game text refer to these as "effects"

As mentioned:
        - Crafted Uncommon can only have 1 attribute
        - Fused Rare can have up to 2 attributes
        - Fused Epic can have up to 3 attributes
        - Fused Legendary can have up to 4 attributes

Example for Uncommon => Rare
        Examples for higher grades are more complicated, since there are more combinations, might include some in the future, or in the more advanced fusing posts later on.

Since you're using 3 pieces to fuse together, you obviously have 3 options:

a. Same attributes for all 3:

Click image for larger version  Name:	all cr.png Views:	1 Size:	279.3 KB ID:	81973

b. A 2 and 1 split:

Click image for larger version  Name:	2 cr 1 v.png Views:	1 Size:	278.3 KB ID:	81974

c. 3 different attributes:

Click image for larger version  Name:	ar v cr.png Views:	1 Size:	282.0 KB ID:	81978

Note that the game noted that: "Critical Rating diffused into the other effects."
        Don't do this, included for completeness only.

3. Boosting fused attributes with Gemstones

Most would have already picked up the "Your source jewels have 3 empty sockets" notes in the above screenshots. Yes, you can also socket your jewelry pieces to boost the outcome of the fused piece, be aware that the gemstones are consumed by the fusing process.

Comparative between: no gemstones versus with Trillions (+40 on each) for fusing 3 AR pieces

Click image for larger version  Name:	gemstone - none - all ar.png Views:	1 Size:	279.7 KB ID:	81975Click image for larger version  Name:	gemstone - all ar.png Views:	1 Size:	278.4 KB ID:	81972

Never socket a gemstone that does not match any of the Attributes on the 3 pieces you're fusing with.
        For more details see the post on fusing with gemstones below.

That should be enough to get things rolling, especially for those who want to experiment things for themselves - you're also more than welcome to download the Jewelry Crafting/Fusing spreadsheet and test out things on "paper" first.

We'll go into more details about the Attributes and fusing methods in the posts below.
        Last edited by Nhat; 01-24-2020, 05:02 AM. Reason: updated spreadsheet link

Comment

(wip)

Now that you know how to craft and fuse jewelry, we now go into how to get the most out of your crafted Uncommon, in order to get the best Legendary you can.

Since Legendary can have up to 4 attributes, that is what you're aiming for - I'll refer to these as A, B, C and D. There's the potential of making a PURE XP piece, but it's best to do 4 - since the loss of those other attributes is more than the gain of the remaining - details later, there's maths involved.
          Do not make a Legendary with 2 or 3 attributes.

Example, with max XP for uncommon: 45%
          - Legendary: all XP: 133%
          - Legendary: XP as A: 90.9%

Great, I need 4, but which 4?

The current consensus among the community is to only use the following Attributes for your Jewelry pieces:
          • Critical Rating
          • Critical Damage
          • Haste
          • Power
          • Ability Rate
          • Life On Hit
          • Vitality
          • Experience

Which of them to use when, is another matter...

wip: these are what I can recall at the moment, so might be incorrect
          Will expand and add links later, please post any relevant links in the discussion topic.

Starter/Leveling Set: A: XP - B, C, D: (DPS Stat to help kill quicker)
          - Crafting Balanced XP Jewelry Guide

Which particular DPS Attribute (Haste, Power, Crit Rating, Crit Damage) to use where is a bit of a contention within the community - it's up you. (I'll add links later...)

Power
          • Directly increase Damage per Hit
          • Increase per point is constant, so still useful at high level
          • There's no limit to how much you can add to it via Champion Points, so can get relatively high without Jewelry later on
          Haste
          • Increases Attack Speed, which have the added advantage of increasing your Recovery (via Life on Hit) as well as DPS
          • Suffer from diminishing return, where each additional point contribute less and less
          • You can only put up to 100 Champion Points for it, giving a max of +400, for Level 70 Hero
          • You can get bonus from "archers" companions as well, Robin/Endar: +2% Haste & +5% Attack Speed
          Critical Rating
          • Increases the Chance of doing a Critical Hit, which apply Critical Damage
          • Suffer from diminishing return, where each additional point contribute less and less
          • Limited to 100 Champion Points for it, giving a max of +400 (for Level 70 Hero), so useful to boost via Jewelry for higher level
          Critical Damage
          • Only useful if you have a "decent" Critical Chance, via Critical Rating (above)
          • Direct and constant % increase to damage for a Critical Hit
          • Limited to 100 Champion Points, giving a max of +200% (for Level 70 Hero), so again, useful to boost via Jewelry for higher level

(The above might be more useful in an Attribute Guide, or something...)
          Have a look at Optimizing your Hero -- Part 1, DAMAGE for details.

This piece is used for levelling, so you're not going to be running through the "highest" possible levels - just what you can do quickly, survivability shouldn't be an issue. See Optimizing your Hero -- the "XP Grind" for more details on which level/trial to run.

"End Game": A: Crit Damage - B: Crit Rating - C: Vitality - D: Ability Rate OR Life on Hit
          - Optimizing your Hero: Stats on Perfect Jewelry

As noted above, you get the unlimited boost to Power with Champion Points - Haste, Crit Rating and Crit Damage are restricted to only 100 points, which gives up at most +400 and +200%, respectively. So you're left with boosting them via Gear, or Jewelry.

Ability Rate will depends on how much you have already, and depends on your play style - maximum benefit for Alacrity is at 1500, so check your gear and craft as needed.

Originally posted by Red (Developer) View Post
          Hello guys, these are the changes made to the game between versions 1.2.49 and 1.2.65.
          General
          • The passive ability giving attacks a chance to reduce active cooldowns has been named “Alacrity”. Alacrity now provides a 5% chance to lower the cooldowns (was 25%), but this chance is increased by Ability Rate (up to 30% at 1500 Ability Rate).
          Last edited by Nhat; 06-17-2019, 04:57 AM. Reason: typo, and updated for Apr 2019 balance patch

Comment

Now that you have decided on which 4 Attributes you want for the Legendary, we'll go into the crafting and filtering process required to get it.

Number of Uncommons required:
            • Attributes A & B: 9
            • Attribute C: 5
            • Attribute D: 4

Crafting Uncommons:

As mentioned, the values for the Attributes on the Uncommon are randomly generated by the game when you craft the piece. The value of the fused piece is dependent on those of the fusing pieces (again, more details later on) - so you'll want to set a certain "acceptable minimum" for the attributes you're crafting.

Also, unless you're going for the "absolute" end game piece, there's no need to get the MAX values - using slightly lower values will only result in a loss of a few points.

Example (Attribute A, primary, 9x uncommon, no gemstones) - use the spreadsheet to check other combinations and to determine the "minimum" you're happy with:
            (work in progress...)

You can get greatly improved results by having ONE "near max" piece (see the maths for details why)
            • Uncommon: 9x 72 => Legendary 146
            • Uncommon: 1x 89, 8x 72 => Legendary 172

As mentioned, values above are "proper" values; but the attributes in the game are rounded when displayed - this apply to ALL attributes, including those on your other Gear - which mess with the whole calculation. If you want to be extra careful, lower the last value by half when you calculate - that way, you'll end up with the minimal and the fused piece in game will either be that, or higher.

Example:
            - A 87 Haste might be anything between 86.51 and 87.49 => so use 86.5 in the spreadsheet
            - CD 58.8% might be 58.751% to 58.849% => use 58.75%

Also, due to how the fusing calculation works, unless you're going for the "absolute/exact" max, these are the "comparable" max to aim for - internal roll of 179, max roll is 180 - already accounted for the in-game rounding:
            • Ability Rate / Critical Rating / Haste / Power / Vitality: 90
            • Armor: 179
            • Block Rating: 120
            • Critical Damage: 59.8%
            • Deflect Rating / Life On Hit: 358
            • Life Regeneration: 216
            • Experience / Extra Gold: 44.8%

On to the "crafting grind"

Since we're after 4 different attributes, it's most effective to simply craft Random Attributes with Gold - unless you have a lot, and I mean a lot, of Gems - again, this is due to the random nature of the generated Attribute value, you'll likely be craft a lot more than the 9 required in order to get decent values.

The best way is to allocate one page of Storage, like so:
            (thanks to Coda for the idea)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Storage - groups.png Views:	1 Size:	250.7 KB ID:	82227

Whenever you get a piece that matches the Attribute you want, and is higher than your "acceptable minimum" - move it over to the Stash, sell anything lower. You might want to keep a few extra Attributes in another Stash page, especially those near the max - in case you want them for the future.

Play/farm until you get a "decent" amount of gold - some players wait until that get a few hundred thousands and then go for a "crafting spree", I prefer to break things up a bit and do the following:
            - Play until I get 50K gold; craft down to 25K (saving for Abilities upgrades); get more gold, rinse and repeat

Do not fuse anything until you get all the required pieces for a particular attribute, or even all 4 attributes - just switch out the existing piece if it's lower than the new one.

General rule for fusing your Uncommons

Please note that the result may vary, due to in game rounding of values and the flooring in the formula - getting one rule/guideline to work with everything is impossible, but this one is close enough.

Order your uncommons from highest to lowest and fuse them according:
            (The numbers are the order of the values for the Attributes, 1 being highest, 9 lowest)
            - A1 + A2 + A3 => Rare A }
            - A4 + A6 + A7 => Rare A } => Epic A
            - A5 + A8 + A9 => Rare A }

- B1 + B2 + B3 => Rare B }
            - B4 + B6 + B7 => Rare B } => Epic B
            - B5 + B8 + B9 => Rare B }

- C1 + C2 + C3 => Rare C }
            - D1 + D2 + D3 => Rare D } => Epic C/D
            - C4 + C5 + D4 => Rare C/D }

- Finally, the 3 Epics into the Legendary

This method provides the best distribution of the 4 Attributes: we're getting the "max" for A and B, and the best "shared" of C & D.

However, due to the scaling and rounding of the in game display value, not all 90's are the same. If you really care about a "proper" sort, or if you're going for "proper end game perfect", then you have a few options:

Originally posted by Faelyn
            - Put all of your 90 rings of the same stat together in one of your stash pages.
            - Switch to your lowest level character.
            - Take off all equipment (just put them in your inventory).
            - Go to the stash page where your 90 stat jewelry is located.
            - Highlight every single one and see the difference in percentages.

Originally posted by 123Klutz
            put on one ring, then switch to another, if they are unequal, the relevant statistic data will slightly change.
            With the switch method, you can simply check the green "+ # stat" versus red "- # stat" when you swap the pieces - saves the trouble of checking the Hero's Detailed Attributes screen.

Contrived example, but it proof the point:
            - A/B: 90, 89, 88, 87, 86, 85, 84, 83, 82
            - C: 90, 89, 88, 87, 86
            - D: 90, 89, 88, 87

(probably change to picture, to make the fusing easier to follow)

Following the above rule and order your uncommons first:
            - A/B: 90 + 89 + 88, 87 + 85 + 84; 86 + 83 + 82 => 119 + 114 + 113 => 170
            - C/D: 90 + 89 + 88 => 119
            - C & D: 87 + 86 + 87 => 99 & 93
            - C & D Epic => 140 & 139
            - Legendary: 181 + 181 + 149 + 148 (exact: 180.83 + 180.83 + 148.81 + 148.28)

However, if you "spread out the highest":
            - A/B: 90 + 87 + 86; 89 + 85 + 84; 88 + 83 + 82 => 118 + 117 + 115 => 170 (looks the same)
            - C/D: 90 + 88 + 87 => 118
            - C & D: 89 + 86 + 89 => 101 & 95 (looks better, but...)
            - C & D Epic => 139 & 139 (not anymore)
            - Legendary: 181 + 181 + 148 + 148 (exact: 180.81 + 180.81 + 148.28 + 147.76)

Might look insignificant, but why lose 1.09 points when you don't have to, (see the maths breakdown for why)

Also, if you simply fuse "according to order" for A/B, you get:
            - 90 + 89 + 88; 87 + 86 + 85; 84 + 83 + 82 => 119 + 115 + 111 => 170 => 181 (180.81 - loss of 0.02)

This becomes important when you add gemstones to boost the fused results, which we'll discuss next.
            Last edited by Nhat; 09-20-2021, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Updated: 08 May 2018
              - Note for Gemstones usage for Epic fuse

(link to basic guide of Gemstones?)
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Gemstones.png Views:	1 Size:	125.7 KB ID:	85152

Click image for larger version  Name:	Fusing.png Views:	1 Size:	3.3 KB ID:	87457

So, who remember the rule we have for using Gemstones?

Never socket a gemstone that doesn't match any of the attributes you are fusing with.

This is because it will count as "another Attribute" in the fusing calculation, thus changing what we're trying to achieve...

Example: 3x Critical Rating rings, socketed with Brilliant Diamond (Armor), Amethyst (Ability Rate) and Emerald (Vitality)

Click image for larger version  Name:	wrong gemstones.png Views:	1 Size:	281.2 KB ID:	82292

So, just repeating, don't do it...

Since there are only 6 Gemstone types, you'll only have to worry about Gemstones if you're fusing with one of those 6 Attributes:
              - Ability Rate => Amethyst
              - Armor => Diamond (white)
              - Critical Rating => Topaz
              - Haste => Sapphire
              - Power => Ruby
              - Vitality => Emerald

How should I socket the Jewelry pieces?

This is straight forward whenever you're fusing 3 pieces of the same Attribute, socket them all with the corresponding Gemstone for that Attribute. If there's no Gemstone for the Attribute, (remember the rule?) don't socket anything.

For the 2/1 Uncommons fusing to the mixed Rare (from the 5/4):
              • Obviously, if only one of the Attributes have a Gemstone => use that for all 3 pieces
              • Otherwise, socket the jewelry piece with the matching gemstone - more details here

During the fuse of 3 Rares to "mixed Epic" and the 3 Epics to Legendary:
              • Again, if only one of the Attributes have a Gemstone => use that for all 3 pieces
              • More than one Attribute have a Gemstone => socket which ever Gemstone you want to give the corresponding Attribute a boost (use the spreadsheet to test out combinations to see what you prefer)
              • You don't "lose" anything for "spreading" out the Gemstones at this stage, total across the 4 attributes will be the same, just different distribution - so the choice is up to you.
              • For the Epics: In order to get the "max 301" (obviously will depend on whether you got the max from the Uncommons) you MUST socket ALL 3 pieces with the SAME gemstone for the attribute you want to maximise.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Focused.png Views:	1 Size:	176.1 KB ID:	99276Click image for larger version  Name:	Split.png Views:	1 Size:	208.7 KB ID:	99277

Which Gemstone Level should I use?

Obviously, the higher the better, since higher level gives higher bonus.

Example: Attribute A: Power, socket with Ruby every fuse.
              => Uncommons: 9x 90 + 9 Brilliants Rubies
              => Rares: 3x 152 + 3 Brilliants Rubies
              => Epics: 254 + 3 Brilliants Rubies
              => Legendary: 301

Total Brilliants used: 15 - 3,645 rough Rubies

But what if I don't have enough Brilliants?

See the existing Gemstone farming comparison for how to best farm gemstones; a new guide is currently being worked on by Coda, you can see the various discussions for it here.

Order of "priority" for gemstones:
              1. "Spread" for, with highest gemstones in order:
                1. Uncommons 1, 2 and 3 (for all Attributes)
                2. Rares
                3. Epics
              2. Remaining Uncommons, in order: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

For point 1 above, we want the highest total bonus for the "spread", meaning 6x Trillions (6 * 40 = 240) are better than 2x Brilliants (2x 50 = 100). Only socket the remaining Uncommons once you have socketed ALL from point 1.

(Major thanks to Hissatsu for covering most of this in his Thourough Jewelcrafting guide with mechanics explained post - section IV. Gemstone usage - I refined the values based on latest formula)

As with the Attribute value on the Jewelry piece itself, using lower levels "properly" can still get you quite close to the maximum value, where all Brilliants (Level 6) Gemstones are used.

Table showing Attribute value if different Level Gemstones were used for the 15 (from the above example)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tiered Max.png Views:	1 Size:	5.8 KB ID:	85151

An interesting observation made by Hissatsu, is that if you fuse 9 Trillions into 3 Brilliants, and only socket the first 3 Uncommon, you actually end up with better results. This follows a refinement on the rule we had when fusing without Gemstones, where we want to maximise our top 3, even if it means that the middle 3 and low 3 stay the same (ie. no gemstones) - details why later...

Example:
              1. Using Trillions for ALL (+40)
              => Uncommons: 9x 90 + 9 Trillions
              => Rares: 3x 145 + 3 Trillions
              => Epic: 238 + 3 Trillions
              => Legendary: 277

2. Refined: Get top 3 as high as possible, no gemstones for Mid 3 and Low 3
              => Uncommons: 9x 90 + 3 Brilliants (+50)
              => Rares: 1x 152 + 2x 119 + 3 Trillions
              => Epic: 242 + 3 Trillions
              => Legendary: 282

That's a 5 points gained, with the SAME amount of Gemstones.

Conversely, as noted by Jose Sarmento here - you can drop the 6 Gemstones down from Brilliant to Trillion, and only lose 1 point from the max.

=> Uncommons: 9x 90 + 3 Brilliants (+50) + 6 Trillions (+40)
              => Rares: 1x 152 + 2x 145 + 3 Brilliants
              => Epic: 253 + 3 Brilliants
              => Legendary: 300

Use to spreadsheet to play around with the Gemstones distributions.

I'll go into the maths of why these are so in the next post.
              Last edited by Nhat; 05-08-2018, 11:03 AM. Reason: also, mixed rares to epic

Comment

This part is for all those who may have been going: "why?!?" to the various suggestions above - warning: it's Maths heavy...

Please note that most of the discussions will be for Level 70 Jewelry; the scaling factor is still valid, as far as I am aware, but obviously the Attribute range will change for lower levels.

I'm not covering diffused Attributes, where the fusing pieces have more than the result can take - simply put: don't do it.

As far as we, the forum collective, have been able to figure out, the game fuses jewelry with this formula:Click image for larger version  Name:	formula.png Views:	1 Size:	25.1 KB ID:	82412
                • sA is the scaled resulting Attribute in the Fused piece
                • a is the maximum number of Attributes the Fused piece can have (2 for Rare, 3 for Epic, 4 for Legendary)
                • b is the actual number of Attributes on the Fused piece
                • sj1, sj2, sj3 are the scaled value of the Attribute in the fusing pieces
                • sg1, sg2, sg3 are the scaled bonus for the Attribute from socketed Gemstones

Game scaling and rounding of Attribute values

Before we begin breaking down the formula, you need to be aware that the displayed values on the Jewelry pieces are scaled and rounded values.

Originally posted by Jose Sarmento
                OK, through what Coda and two other guys on Discord wrote, we could infer an explanation - which we would like official confirmation please.

All stats are internally generated as a real number that can vary between 144 and 180.

Then each stat has its own scaling factor, which maps that internal value to the known ranges:

Power, Vitality etc. the factor is 2 (so they vary between 72 and 90)
                CD the factor is 3 (so it varies between 48 and 60)
                Exp the factor is 4 (so 36-45)
                Armor the factor is 1
                LoH the factor is 0.5 (so it varies between 288 and 360)
                For Regeneration:
                Originally posted by Jose Sarmento
                2.51 displays as 57-72 with rounding IIRC.

So, let's break down the formula, I'll be following the order of the guide posts above:
                Click image for larger version  Name:	bonus.png Views:	1 Size:	4.5 KB ID:	82413
                This is the BONUS applied to the resulting Attribute value from the fusing.
                • a is the maximum number of Attributes the fused piece can have
                • b is the number of Attributes the fused piece actually have
                Which means, if you're creating a piece with less than the number of maximum Attributes, you'll get a bonus for the Attributes on it.

This is the reason why:
                Example, with max XP for uncommon: 45%
                - Legendary: all XP: 133%
                - Legendary: XP as A: 90.9%

So, why don't we always make single Attribute Legendary?

The loss of the other 3 Attributes is more significant than the gain from "maxing" out the single one.

Back to the XP example, your PURE XP have 133% versus the 90.9% XP on the other, but this can also have 301 CR, 222 Power and 190 Haste - which is much better overall.

This bonus is the reason we do the fusing of Attribute A and B with all 9 uncommons - we get the bonus at the Rare (10%) as well as Epic (20%) to boost the final result as high as possible.

Next, the "contribution" from the Jewelry pieces themselves:
                Click image for larger version  Name:	jewelry.png Views:	1 Size:	12.4 KB ID:	82414

If you're working this out yourself, then you need to first apply the scaling factor to the displayed Attribute value on the Jewelry piece. The spreadsheet (link in my signature) already take all these into consideration.

The "FLOOR" part is why it's so rare to get the "real" max - and we're currently unsure if this is intentional or not.

It have a more noticeable when fusing CD, similar cases for other attributes:
                The reason for the big drop for the "not quite 60.0%" is because a 60% is 180 and a 59.999* is 179.999* - which means the true "60" contributes 180, but any less, no matter how little, drops one whole value to 179. Which is why a 59.66* contribute the same (179) as a 59.99*.

Notice the "MAX" part? The highest of the 3 piece will be a MAJOR contributor to the result, the others will only contribute 1/15 of their values. This is why you don't really miss out on much by using "less than max" uncommon pieces, as long as you get one "close to max" piece to do the fusing with.

Order your uncommons from highest to lowest and fuse them according:
                (The numbers are the order of the values for the Attributes, 1 being highest, 9 lowest)

The fusing method aimed to maximise one Rare for each of the Attributes, there's no point in maximising ALL Rares, since the others will only contribute 1/15 of their values anyway. The important point is to get ONE of them as high as possible, in order to fully leverage the MAX part of the formula.

Lastly, the gemstones:
                Click image for larger version  Name:	gemstones.png Views:	1 Size:	3.8 KB ID:	82415
                Straight forward enough, each matching Gemstone contributes 1/5 of their scaled values - use the scaling factor for the matching Attribute.

Applying this to the previous, we now see why maximising the initial 3 uncommons - and thus increasing the resulting Rare; resulted in an Epic of higher attribute value

Example:
                1. Using Trillions for ALL (+40)
                => Uncommons: 9x 90 + 9 Trillions
                => Rares: 3x 145 + 3 Trillions
                => Epic: 238 + 3 Trillions
                => Legendary: 277 (277.34)

2. Refined: Get top 3 as high as possible, no gemstones for Mid 3 and Low 3
                => Uncommons: 9x 90 + 3 Brilliants (+50)
                => Rares: 1x 152 + 2x 119 + 3 Trillions
                => Epic: 242 + 3 Trillions
                => Legendary: 282 (281.62)
                The highest Rare increased by 7, compared to a total drop of 45.
                But the FULL 7 is applied to the Epic Fuse, and we only ended up losing 3 (45/15) - thus gaining 4 points there, resulting in a total gain of 4.28 for the Legendary.

=> Uncommons: 9x 90 + 3 Brilliants (+50) + 6 Trillions (+40)
                => Rares: 1x 152 + 2x 145 + 3 Brilliants
                => Epic: 253 + 3 Brilliants
                => Legendary: 300
                Reduction of Gemstones total by 60 for Uncommons
                => Loss of 7 points each Rare (33 - 26.4 = 6.6; 10% bonus for single Attribute)
                => Total lost of 14 points for the 3 Rares
                => Epic fuse only lost 1 point (14/15, rounded) - which then carry over to Legendary.

Many thanks to those that have spent the time working this out, I am merely consolidating and doing minor clean ups.
                Last edited by Nhat; 02-07-2018, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Updated: 20 Sep 2021
                  - updated stats range

SUMMARY

1. Always make 4 Attributes Legendary

We'll refer to them as: A, B, C & D
                  - where A & B, are the "primary" Attributes (will be highest for the Legendary) and C & D are "secondary"
                  - which attributes to use are up to you; look at the leaderboards, ask around the forum for more details - it's a personal choice...

You'll need the following Uncommons:
                  • Attribute A => 9 pieces
                  • Attribute B => 9 pieces
                  • Attribute C => 5 pieces
                  • Attribute D => 4 pieces

2. Craft "Random Attribute" with GOLD

Unless you have A LOT of Gems...

Decide what range of values are appropriate for you, again, the choice is a personal one - just be aware that, due to the random nature of the crafting, it can cost A LOT to get a set with high values. You can use the fusing spreadsheet to have a play with the ranges to see what works best for you.

If you really don't care, or are crafting your "initial set" - just keep crafting the Uncommons until you have the required numbers for all 4 Attributes and simply use whatever you crafted.

Range of values for the attributes, at level 70:
                  • Ability Rate / Critical Rating / Haste / Power / Vitality: 72 - 90
                  • Armor: 144 - 180
                  • Block Rating: 96 - 120
                  • Critical Damage: 48.0% - 60.0%
                  • Deflect Rating / Life On Hit: 288 - 360
                  • Life Regeneration: 173 - 216
                  • Experience / Extra Gold: 36.0% - 45.0%

3. Always order your Uncommons from highest to lowest, and fuse as follow:

In addition:

1. Attribute values displayed in the game are rounded

For example:
                  • Power 89 can be anything between 88.51 to 89.49 => use 88.5 when calculating, if you want to be "safe"
                  • CD 58.8% can be anything between 58.751% to 58.849% => use 58.75% when calculating.

2. You only need ONE "near max" piece to greatly improve the final value in the Legendary

Comparisons:
                  • Uncommon: 9x "proper" 90 => Legendary: 182 (max, without gemstones)
                  • Uncommon: 9x 72 => Legendary: 146 (min)
                  • Uncommon: 1x 89 + 8x 72 => Legendary: 172 (improved by 26, over min)

3. Due to how the fusing calculation works, unless you're going for the "absolute/exact" max, these are the "comparable" max to aim for - internal roll of 179, max roll is 180 - already accounted for the in-game rounding:
                  • Ability Rate / Critical Rating / Haste / Power / Vitality: 90
                  • Armor: 179
                  • Block Rating: 120
                  • Critical Damage: 59.8%
                  • Deflect Rating / Life On Hit: 358
                  • Life Regeneration: 216
                  • Experience / Extra Gold: 44.8%

4. Using gemstones:
                  • Never socket a gemstone that does not match any of the Attributes on the 3 pieces you're fusing with
                  • For the {2/1 Uncommons to mixed Rare} fuse (from 5/4): socket matching gemstones, for best result; if only one attribute have gemstone, use that gemstone for all 3 pieces.
                  • For {5/4 Rares to mixed Epic} and {Epics to Legendary}: socket which ever gemstones you want to boost the matching attribute for
                    • eg. Epics to Legendary - Resulting 4 attributes: Haste, Power, Critical Rating, Vitality
                    • Boosting Haste: socket 3 Sapphires
                    • Boosting Power: socket 3 Rubies
                    • "Spread boost": socket 1 of each: Sapphire, Ruby, Topaz (only 3 pieces, so can't boost Vitality as well)

Order of "priority" for gemstones:
                  1. "Spread" for, with highest gemstones in order:
                    1. Uncommons 1, 2 and 3 (for all Attributes)
                    2. Rares
                    3. Epics
                  2. Remaining Uncommons, in order: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
                  Similar to the value ranges, use whatever level gemstones you feel is appropriate for you.

In addition:

1. The Gemstone level used doesn't matter, what you're looking at is the total "bonus" added when fusing
                  eg. 3 Trillions (40 x 3 = 120) are better than 2 Brilliants (50 x 2 = 100)

2. If you have low level gemstones for all pieces, you're better off fusing 9 of them to increase the boost for the higher 3 Uncommons and don't socket the other 6 Uncommons (see point 2 in the comparisons below)

Comparisons:

1. MAX: All Brilliants: 9x 90(50) => 3x 152(50) => 254 + 3x 50 => Legendary: 301 (max)

2. Enough Trillions for all pieces:
                  • All Trillions: 9x 90(40) => 3x 145(40) => 238 + 3x 40 => Legendary: 277
                  • Fuse 9 Trillions to 3 Brilliants: 3x 90(50) + 6x 90 => 150(40) + 2x 119(40) => 242 + 3x 40 => Legendary: 282 (+5 for "same" gemstones)
                  • No point fusing further, since you'll loose the bonus for the Rares and Epics: 6x 40 => 240 versus 50 + 3 x 40 => 170
                  3. Only have 9 Trillions:
                  • 3x 90(40) + 6x 90 => 145(40) + 2x 119(40) => 233 + 3x 40 => Legendary: 273
                  • No point fusing, again, loosing bonus for the "spread": 9 x 40 = 360 versus 3 x 50 = 150
                  4. 3 Brilliants and 6 Trillions - maximise Point 1.
                  • 3x 90(50) + 6x 90 => 152(40) + 2x 119(40) => 242 + 3x 40 => Legendary: 282
                  • If you "spread" them instead: 90(50) + 2x 90(40) + 6x 90 => 147(50) + 2x 119(40) => 238 + 50 + 40 + 40 => Legendary: 280 (lost 2 points)

See the maths for details why; also, please feel free to use the spreadsheet to test out any other combinations.

(I'll add diagrams for the examples later...)
                  Last edited by Nhat; 09-20-2021, 04:17 AM. Reason: updated stats range

Comment

The summary touched on getting "comparable" max - I'll go into more detail here about what that actually equates to in the Legendary

Quick Review of Points Discussed
                    • Attribute values in game are rounded - these aren't the "60.0%" you're looking for
                    • Attribute values have the same internal range - different scaling factor
                    • Part of the fusing equation drops the decimal values of the internal value
                    (see breakdown of the fusing equation for details)

So, what does a "perfect" actually get you?

Going with Attribute A (primary, full gemstones boost, if applicable), you'll get the following:
                    • Ability Rate / Critical Rating / Haste / Power / Vitality: 301
                    • Armor: 840
                    • Block Rating: 243
                    • Critical Damage: 121.3%
                    • Deflect Rating / Life On Hit: 728
                    • Life Regeneration: 437
                    • Experience / Extra Gold: 90.9%

Values for using the "comparable" max, same gemstone boost:
                    • Ability Rate / Critical Rating / Haste / Power / Vitality: 300
                    • Armor: 839
                    • Block Rating: 241
                    • Critical Damage: 120.6%
                    • Deflect Rating / Life On Hit: 723
                    • Life Regeneration: 434
                    • Experience / Extra Gold: 90.4%

So, not much of a difference, just enough to annoys those seeking "perfection".

How to ensure "perfect"?

Since the only thing you have control over is which uncommons to use, the only place you need to check is when fusing the uncommons to rares.

Rare values for "perfect" Legendary:
                    • Ability Rate / Critical Rating / Haste / Power / Vitality: 119 (152 with Brilliants)
                    • Armor: 238 (370 with Brilliants)
                    • Block Rating: 158
                    • Critical Damage: 79.2%
                    • Deflect Rating / Life On Hit: 475
                    • Life Regeneration: 285
                    • Experience / Extra Gold: 59.4%

Why are you quoting "perfect"?

Well, there's "perfect" and then there's "exact perfect" - thanks to the whole rounding and fusing calculation, you can get a 301 Legendary that is "not quite max yet".
                    • 9x "proper" 90 and 15 Brilliants get you 300.95 which then rounds to 301
                    • 1x "proper" 90 and 8x 89 and 15 Brilliants get you 300.93, which still rounds to 301
                    That's a rounded 0.02 points difference, which equates to +1.3 Life or +0.0001% damage bonus - yeah, insignificant, but that's perfection, without the quotes

With what we currently know, and assuming on two decimal places for the internal value:
                    • There's a 1 in 3,600 chance of crafting a proper max uncommon
                    • In contrast to the 1 in 36 chance of crafting a "comparable max" uncommon piece

"We expect perfection, excellence will be tolerated"
                    (recall this from my high school days, paraphrase of J. Yahl's)
                    Last edited by Nhat; 09-20-2021, 04:33 AM. Reason: updated stats range

Comment

Updated: 10 Feb 2018
                      - updated Coda's "near max" piece steps

Efficient Use of "Custom Rare Jewelry" rewards from Events

(wip: rough draft for now, covering the main points so people are aware of things. I'll clean up and expand in the future, time permitting...)

With the release of v1.2.88 comes Limited Time Events which have among the milestone rewards the new "Custom Rare Jewelry".

Click image for larger version  Name:	Custom Rare Jewelry.png Views:	1 Size:	54.8 KB ID:	85287

What does it do?

The description explains the basic idea: it allow you to create a Rare Ring or Necklace, with max value.

Something that's not mentioned, is that the piece will be the same level as the Hero used to open/create it - the same as the Jewelry Crafting function.

If you haven't already, notice the max part?
                      This actually means that the Rare piece is the equivalent as that created by fusing 3 perfect uncommons AND 3 Brilliant gemstones, if you choose an Attribute that have a corresponding gemstone - yes, perfect without quotes.

Recommended Usages

1. Use 4 of them to craft a "near max" piece
                      Originally posted by Coda
                      Primary-1 & Primary-2 -- (do this section twice, once for each P1 & P2) --
                      • use one Perfect Rare, which is of course a "max truly perfect" piece (a total of 2 of them are used, one in each Primary)
                      • craft 6 near-perfect Uncommons (again, do this twice, once for P1 and again for P2)
                      • use 2x3=6 Brilliants on each of the two Uncommon Rare fusions, to make your 2nd & 3rd near-perfect Rares (again, do this twice)
                      • fuse each set of three Rares into a "much better than before" near-perfect Epic (twice)
                      • When finished with this section you'll have your P1 Epic and P2 Epic
                      • Obviously if P1 or P2 is a "non-gemstone" stat, you do not use gemstones in those pieces.
                      Secondary5 + Secondary4 -- (this section creates your third Epic)
                      • use one truly perfect rare for each Secondary stat (so, two of them)
                      • craft the other 2+1 near-perfect Uncommons
                      • socket 3 Brilliants into the 3 Uncommons & fuse into your 3rd Rare
                      • fuse the 3 Rares into a "much better than before" near-perfect S5/S4 Epic
                      • Obviously if either S5 or S4 is a "non-gemstone" stat, you only use gemstones for the other stat, and if both S5 and S4 are "non-gemstone" stats, you do not use gemstones in those pieces
                      Final Fusion
                      • socket the 3 Epics with Brilliants & fuse to Legendary
                      The degree of "near max" depends slightly on your "acceptable minimum for the uncommon pieces you craft - but the impact is very minor, see the maths breakdown for details. It does however, means you'll be using up to 15 more Brilliant gemstones.

Comparison, using 72-90 Attribute:
                      • Using 3 Custom Rare Jewelry for your primary => 301 (300.95, max)
                      • Using the above, minimum roll 72 for the 6 pieces (let's say you're really unlucky) => 297 (296.70 - 4 points lower!)
                      • Using "comparable max" 89.5 => 301 (300.94 - 0.01 lower!)

2. Use 4 to craft "budget" piece
                      Originally posted by adjacentengels
                      • P1 Epic = [Perfect Rare Reward + near-perfect built with radiants + near-perfect built with radiants] - Add brilliants to all Rare when fusing Epic
                      • P2 Epic = [Perfect Rare Reward + near-perfect built with radiants + near-perfect built with radiants] - Add brilliants to all Rare when fusing Epic
                      • S1/S2 Epic = [Perfect S1 Rare Reward + Perfect S2 Rare Reward + near-perfect S1/S2 built with radiants] - Add brilliants of S1 to all Rare when fusing Epic (could do S2 gemstones)
                      • Legendary = 3x Epic with P1 brilliants

You end up needed these gemstones:
                      • P1: 6 Brilliant, 6 Radiant
                      • P2: 3 Brilliant, 6 Radiant
                      • S1: 3 Brilliant, 3 Radiant
                      • S2: 0 gemstones (you can swap S1 and S2, depending what they are)
                      Similar to the above, this time, we're lowering the gemstones in the crafted uncommons to Radiants.

Comparison, max 301 (300.95)
                      • "really unlucky" 72s => 295 (294.55 - lost 6.4)
                      • "comparable max" 89.5s => 299 (298.80 - lost 2.15)

Final comparison, no gemstones at all for the 6 crafted uncommons => 291 (291.34) - so you lost 9.61 points.

But what if I want a perfect piece?

The obvious choice would to simply use 9 and craft a 6/3 split for the Secondary attributes (C & D) - but your total Attribute values will be lower than a 5/4.

You should be using 8 Custom Rare Jewelry pieces, and craft 3 uncommons max pieces for the 5/4 split of Attributes C & D. Yes, it means you still need to do some crafting and get your max pieces, and potentially get 3 Brilliant gemstones. Seems a fair price to pay for perfection - you need to put some effort into it.

(I'll go into the details of the whole 5/4 versus 6/3 split in the next post)
                      Last edited by Nhat; 02-10-2018, 01:47 PM.

Comment

(I'm too tired and lazy at the moment, here's the quote from the discussion thread, will clean up and expand later...)

Originally posted by Nhat

Gemstones wise, you can drop the 3 down a bit without much impact - using 72s
                        - 6/3: 225.63 + 180.81 => 406.44
                        - Brilliants: 222.93 + 186.67 => 409.6
                        - Trillions: 222.41 + 186.67 => 409.08
                        - Radiants: 221.88 + 186.67 => 408.55
                        - Teardrops: 221.35 + 186.67 => 408.02
                        - Commons: 220.82 + 186.67 => 407.49
                        - Roughs: 220.81 + 186.67 => 407.48
                        - None: 220.29 + 186.67 => 406.96

So, even without any gemstones at all, the 5/4 split is still better than a full Brilliant 6/3!

Edit:
                        And that's a 6/3 with ALL 90s and Brilliants versus 5/4 with 72s for the 2/1 uncommons and no gemstones.

Edit 2:
                        And if you went for the "near max" of 89.5 (lowest display 90), no gemstones for the 2/1 rare fuse gets you: 221.89 & 187.76 => 409.65

Definitely worth crafting THREE near max pieces, similar cases for the Primary - you don't lose much...

(sorry for the multiple edits, just wanted to get everything in together...)

Using Gemstones for the 5/4 split:
                        • If both have Gemstones: socket to match jewelry piece (see Coda's post below)
                        • If only one: use that Gemstone for all 3 - also, you'll be better off using 5 of the one without gemstone, and 4 of the one that does)
                        • If none: don't socket anything
                        Originally posted by Coda
                        Nhat Back to the nits of crafting and fusing, here's something I just realized today. There is an optimum way to socket and fuse the 2/1 mixed piece in the 5/4 leg. I'll elaborate in steps:
                        • This applies to putting 2 stats which use gemstones into the 2/1 Rare piece which then goes into your 5/4 Epic.
                        • We're not going to use gemstones for either of these 2 Secondary "S5/S4" stats in the final Epic-->Legendary fusion step.
                          {Either of the 2 Primary "P9" stats get those matching gemstones.}
                        • We're going to socket only the S5 stat, with all 3 gemstones, in the Rare-->Epic step. If you do move them around, this does not affect the optimum, although it does shift "points" between the S5 vs. S4.
                        • So, for clarity, in fusing the two Secondary stats:
                          • the first Rare, is a "1-stat, the 1st stat" and is made like always: 3 Uncommons + 3 matching Gemstones
                          • the second Rare, is a "1-stat, the 2nd stat" and is also made like always: 3 Uncommons + 3 matching Gemstones
                          • the third Rare, it's the "2-stat, 2/1 mixed" piece... this is the one we will test different ways to socket it - - there is an optimum way
                        • Use 89.51 as the value for all the Uncommon pieces. It's as if we used 100% "display-90s" but got unlucky on all of them.
                        • Use "exactly" 50.00 as the gemstone value. Just stating this for complete clarity.
                        • The sum of these 2 'secondary' stats at the end -- we want this to be the highest possible -- and that's the optimum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        the S2→S5 stat the S1→S4 stat
                        # Stones Result Display # Stones Result Display Sum
                        3 223.49 223 0 187.22 187 410.71
                        2 222.94 223 1 188.27 188 411.21
                        1 221.90 222 2 188.81 189 410.71
                        0 221.35 221 3 189.36 189 410.71

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The optimum is easy to remember because you simply socket each Uncommon with it's matching gemstone.

I haven't gone back to the guide today, to scan it for whether this point is made anywhere. It's "new news" to me.
                        Last edited by Nhat; 03-03-2018, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Thanks to Coda

Spreadsheet used in post below

Estimated Gold needed to make ONE Near-Perfect Legendary piece of Jewelry

Over time there have been a lot of posts about how much gold it costs to make near-perfect jewelry. Guess what my fellow geeks... we can use math to estimate the amount needed "on average". It depends mainly on these factors:
                          1. the cost to make one Uncommon (currently = 840 gold for one level 70, random attribute)
                            ~
                          2. the "drop table" -- the probability of receiving any one attribute vs. the others -- this does not have to be random (meaning an equal "one-twelfth chance" for each) and in fact it is most certainly not random, as has been stated by the Devs. Thankfully they lowered the probability of the less desired stats, which of course increases the probability of others. However, we do not know the specifics of the drop table. We have to guess based on 'observation' -- just keep in mind that a human's "gut-feel" has been found to be quite inaccurate. Or in theory, one could collect a massive amount of data and then estimate the probabilities from the population.
                            ~
                          3. the value(s) needed to achieve near-perfect -- we're pretty sure we know what these are -- it's whatever display value is needed, to ensure one has received and uses, an internal value of at least 179.00 -- you can read Nhat 's guide (here) to better understand this
                            ~
                          4. which 4 stats you've selected for Legendary - - your 2 "primary-9 stats", and the 2 "secondary 5/4 stats"
                          Without going into detail, the blurry table below with tiny font (or click here hopefully see it larger in it's own window), is an example of how much gold to expect to use, on average, to make the piece shown (CDx9/CRx9/ARx5/Px4), with the assumed drop table shown in the first column:

And the answer in this case is, one should expect to spend 1,946,649 gold to make ONE legendary piece of jewelry with the 4 stats shown.

Now, if the next piece of jewelry is of the same type (i.e. both are rings or both are necklaces) and if piece #2 has different stats, such that one may save Uncommons for later use, then the math gets a little more complicated, but in a good way because we don't need as much gold. Let's make up an example, where you are making 2 rings and the combined # pieces you need are as follows:

All we did was changed the second piece from "P4" to "H4", but now you "only" need ~3.1 million for these 2 rings which of course is not double the prior 1.95 million.

So again, the above is estimated using an assumed drop table -- we would get different numbers depending on tweaking the above probabilities, but not drastically different. In my estimation you are still going to spend around roughly ~3 to 5 million (1.5 to 3 million for the rings and 1.5 to 2 million for the necklace), depending on your choice of stats across the full set. The more you spread them out across a variety of stats, the less you spend overall. Using less-perfect pieces than shown above, will decrease the amount.

So, go get crafting !
                          Last edited by Nhat; 01-24-2020, 05:08 AM. Reason: updated link

Comment

Crafting Examples:

Since I've been asked a number of times, here are a few "easy" ways to make "almost max" stats jewelry, utilising the Custom Rare Jewelry boxes. If you don't have any, then you'll be looking to get at least 1 "near max" roll for each of the stats and will be losing about 5 "points" per stats...

Stats:
                            • P1: Critical Rating
                            • P2: Critical Damage
                            • S1/5: Haste
                            • S2/4: Ability Rate
                            Steps:
                            • 3 Jewelry Boxes => Critical Rating + 3 Brilliant Topazes => 1 Epic Critical Rating
                            • 3 Jewelry Boxes => Critical Damage (no gemstones) => 1 Epic Critical Damage
                            • 1 Jewelry Box => 1 Rare Haste
                            • 1 Jewelry Box => 1 Rare Ability Rate
                            • Craft 2x Uncommon Haste + 1x Uncommon Ability Rate (decide on the limit here, very minor contribution to the final value)
                            • Socket Uncommons with 2x Brilliant Sapphires + 1x Brilliant Amethyst => 1x Rare Haste/Ability Rate
                            • Socket the 3x Rares with 3x Brilliant Sapphires => 1 Epic Haste/Ability Rate
                            • Socket the 3x Epics with 3x Brilliant Topazes => Legendary.
                            Results:
                            • Displayed "90" for the 3 crafted uncommons:
                              • CR: 301
                              • CD: 121.3%
                              • H: 223
                              • AR: 189
                            • Lowest "72" for the 3 crafted uncommons:
                              • CD: 121.3%
                              • H: 222
                              • AR: 187
                            • Using 1 Jewelry Box and crafted 6 uncommons for P1/2 (lowest possible, 72 and 48%, and using additional 6 Brilliant Topazes)
                              • CR: 297
                              • CD: 118.4%
                              • AR: 187
                            • No Jewelry Boxes: 1 Displayed "90" & "59.8%", rest minimal, plus Brilliants...
                              • CR: 293
                              • CD: 115.9%
                              • H: 219
                              • AR: 183

Stats:
                            • P1: Critical Rating
                            • P2: Ability Rate
                            • S1/5: Critical Damage
                            • S2/4: Haste
                            Steps:
                            • 3 Jewelry Boxes => Critical Rating + 3 Brilliant Topazes => 1 Epic Critical Rating
                            • 3 Jewelry Boxes => Ability Rate + 3 Brilliant Amethysts => 1 Epic Ability Rate
                            • 1 Jewelry Box => 1 Rare Critical Damage
                            • 1 Jewelry Box => 1 Rare Haste
                            • Craft 2x Uncommon Critical Damage + 1x Uncommon Haste (decide on the limit here, very minor contribution to the final value)
                            • Socket Uncommons with 3x Brilliant Sapphires => 1x Rare Critical Damage/Haste
                            • Socket the 3x Rares with 3x Brilliant Sapphires => 1 Epic Critical Damage/Haste
                            • Socket the 3x Epics with 3x Brilliant Topazes => Legendary
                            Results:
                            • Displayed "90" and "59.8%" for the 3 crafted uncommons:
                              • AR: 271
                              • CD: 99.2%
                              • H: 223
                            • Lowest "72" & "48%" for the 3 crafted uncommons:
                              • AR: 271
                              • CD: 98.2%
                            • Using 1 Jewelry Box and crafted 6 uncommons for P1/2 (lowest possible, 72, and using additional 6 Brilliant Topazes & 6 Brilliant Amethysts)
                              • CR: 297
                              • AR: 267
                              • CD: 98.2%
                            • No Jewelry Boxes: 1 Displayed "90" & "59.8%", rest minimal, plus Brilliants...
                              • CR: 293
                              • AR: 263
                              • CD: 96.0%
                              • H: 219
                            Last edited by Nhat; 07-03-2019, 02:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X