• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mage doesn't use her power/stats

Hi, friends of the Eternivers,
    I need your help.

{Text translated using "google translate": my english is not so good}

I've been playing Eternium for 1.5 year now and play it the way I think it's nice for me - not for most effectiveness, more for fun - but I've had a few problems with my main mage for a long time: I don't get her power/stats implemented and I'm dying faster than a snowflake in summer - I'm just frustrated with it. ?

I increase her vita, but I die faster and more often; I increase her haste and regeneration but there is no effect; more CD and CR but not happened; I can be really happy when I have defeated a very small group of normal enemies (lvl 130) in 1 - 2 minutes, I don't even want to talk about the bigger and the elite - I think I have a gremlin in my mobile phone! ??

So far I haven't found anything here in the forum that could help me, but maybe I'm just searching with the wrong keywords.

The forum and the tips and help you give here is really great and has helped me very often; thanks for that! ?

>It's my very first post, so I can't attach pics, I think. Hope I can do it later. ⬇️<
    {I have put together all the important data for you so that if someone takes pity on me, you can take a look: maybe someone will see what is going wrong with my mage.
    I have shown the enchantments (head, weapons) that are not shown in the table; see edited pictures.}

Here are the rough values of my mage:
    [all equip >75 lvl; inkl.8x celestial transform]

Damage: 4725130
    Toughness: 1330275
    Recovery: 84264

Power: 6800 (3400%)
    HR: 1429 (5.1 h/sec)

CD: 1919.9%
    CR: 2566 (46.1%)
    B_FD: 82.5%

Vita: 1914 (life increased 124454)
    Amor: 8242 (84.6%)
    Reg: 2737
    LoH: 2000
    The enchantments are like almost everyone who plays trials higher than 125.

What do I not see? What am I missing? Where is my mistake in thinking?

Important: At the AnB's with mage, I don't have these big problems, the values ​​gained and the existing equipments are also mostly implemented there after a short time*¹; with my bounty hunter everything works out quite well in the seasons, but with her it is bewitched!

Exactly, that may also be important:
    I play Eternium exclusively on my smartphone, a Samsung galaxy s6.

*¹Sometimes I have to restart the game and delete the cache beforehand, so that a new equip (in the trial), for example, has an effect.
    The improved values ​​are unfortunately not always implemented in the game immediately, even if they are already displayed - sometimes extremely annoying when I'm in AnB and every attempt counts!

Clearing all data and cache, inklusive deinstallation, i have checked: the problem is still alive but it's not the end of the world. ?
    Does anyone have this problem too?
    Maybe my smartphone is getting too old after all.

Thanks for your help ?
    There could have been a meaningful signature here, but I couldn't think of anything; so I went back to play.
    ———
    TARO TOWI BIGE 9958

What kind of mage are you playing!?

Comment

Hi @Turgeon,
      I play the elemental lord's regalia set on CL 2194; with Igneus and Glacies Tempestas.

In the pics you find are all the important values, I hope:

Thank you for wanting to take care of my problem.
      Last edited by ImagoDarkness; 08-13-2021, 11:34 AM.
      There could have been a meaningful signature here, but I couldn't think of anything; so I went back to play.
      ———
      TARO TOWI BIGE 9958

Comment

• Teebs
        Teebs commented
        Editing a comment
        For what it is worth and the problem you are describing (dying too quickly)

I would swap out some of your Ruby (Red - Power) for Diamond (White - Armor)

Also - Make sure you are using the purchased Daily Stew (+10% life) from the Tavern

My initial thoughts ... but there are others here who can probably give you better and more complete thoughts.

... KTB

I had the same issue, dying all the time. My solution was to switch to Fire Lily. All the CR/CD investments gets shared among Vit/LoH/P (mostly Vit and LoH). Survival inscreased 100 fold. I went from dying 30+ times at TL100 to not dying at TL110.

When you die all the time, you can't get your buffs maxed out (ELR4 bonus). It's a world of difference between playing at 0 shard and playing at 12 shards.

Edit: Oh you play Arcanist. Same deal applies about the buffs. It's hard to get the 6 shards, instant cooldown buff, from Arcanist set if you keep dying.
      Last edited by mousse; 08-13-2021, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• ImagoDarkness
        ImagoDarkness commented
        Editing a comment
        @Teebs
        Thanks for the link, I'll have a look right now!

Maybe I'll find a few more ideas for myself.

In a pinch, if nothing works, I'll probably have to delete her; at least it would be exciting to see whether it was then: just the setup or actually the avatar itself - but first try to save what can be saved!

• mousse
        mousse commented
        Editing a comment
        My Crit build mage tops out at TL100, dying too quickly to gain any traction. My Lily build tops out at TL130. Since TL130 is highest I've reached in any class, I'm a big fan of the Lily Mage.

• ImagoDarkness
        ImagoDarkness commented
        Editing a comment
        @mousse
        It's really fascinating!

I've already read that some people get really good results with fire lily; For me it was unfortunately no longer the case at some point - I will try again.

But I also love the lily setup because it allows me to get to lvl70 in the ANB really quickly and to trial 100 without much effort!

But then I always convert slowly to CR / CD from trial 100; there are also bigger trial jumps.

Trial 140 is my best result so far with bounty hunter (stalker setting) this season; maybe I can do 1 or 2 more trials - with a little luck.

With my mage I don't even know how to place myself, let's see where it's going; I haven't even started building a warrior yet - I wanted to start with one of the next Bronze ANB.

In any case, I wish you all the best!
        The season is already coming to an end.

Hi @Teebs,
      this was also one of my first thoughts and attempts to solve the problem; I also forged extra jewelry for it; also changed the setup a little - everything didn't really help.

That's why I switched back to the variant that at least doesn't drive me completely crazy. ?

That I only have the problem with her, that causes me most of the problems, because it shows me that it works with the other avatars; only she wants to play the diva and wants a special treatment! ?
      It's as if my mage just doesn't want to accept the values; has a mind of its own! ?

Another thought was that it might be too much power, that it could not be implemented in the equips, so to speak, and that it had a opposite effect: but I didn't know enough about the mechanics of the game for that.

Yes, I actually sometimes forget the tavern, but mostly not, so it can't be because of that.

But thank you very much for your thoughts; at least I already know that I haven't forgotten your ideas myself.
      ———
      TARO TOWI BIGE 9958

Comment

Well in general crit build has a bit more potential than lily with celestial gear, so I don't see a reason to delete that hero and lose all the current celestials... A few things I've noticed: life regeneration on gear is a waste - just check how much life regen a single stat adds, and compare it to your total life. Healers on the other hand offer some decent life regen (1400 each). Your life on hit is low - if you want to recover faster, add some more (3-4k). Add some diamonds for extra armor. And most importantly - get a talisman of storms!

Forgot to add that fire lily is pretty awesome
        Mage: Anba
        Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Comment

Lily build loses its power at TL153 (I'm at mobile with average fps), and even with full CT and some dodge in my gear I feel so squishy with ranged attacks, Im trying to have a crit build to climb higher. Try to put some dodge in your gear, and higher trials needs more CT'ed gear since it is necessary to have that 5th stat of vitality so that you can have the extra slot for offensive stats. And I noticed that you use Charm of Qol instead of ToS? ToS is way better..
          Last edited by Benedicto; 08-14-2021, 12:55 AM.

Comment

I'll try to answer you both, bojck & Benedicto, in one text: you both wrote about something similar.

"Squishy", yes, that's how game play feels with her; very nice word for it! ^^

As far as ToS is concerned, I'm still building, so far I just haven't had any luck with forging; always only bad values ​​and not enough resources that I could mercilessly forge.

So I only use Qol mainly because it allows me to automatically add a few secondary attacks: due to the hustle and bustle that arises from the powerless attacks and all the evasions, I can't really get the secondary attack via activation it by hand is a little tricky on the mobile phone, at least I think.

As soon as I have more peace in the game play and enough resources, ToS comes in.

I only have life regeneration in there because it was left over when another statistic was reforged; Sometimes it is worthwhile to include equips in the setup for a little progress, which come to you in the game.
            But it was not yet clear to me that it is so much weaker than LoH or armor; Thanks for this advice!

As far as the low LoH is concerned: I can only agree, but I am irritated by it myself!

I have an equip with LoH stat and my chest armor has +400 LoH enchantment; others only have the enchantment, hardly any armor and seem to have a much better effect with it - cause Teebs & mousse already mentioned it, I'll try it with more diamonds and swap a few.

The idea of ​​another healer is wonderfully simple; why didn't I come up with it, although I also have it with the bounty hunter?
            Crazy!
            Marcus is annoying me with his "get in the way and block my attacks" anyway; he can leave!
            Sometimes you don't see the obvious even though you have it right in front of your nose! XD

I don't really want to delete it either, was and is just a thought of helplessness and frustration, because I just can't get it off with it the way I want it to.

Not making any progress is not a problem as long as you at least know why it is: But my own inexperience kills me and I get radical thoughts - deletion as a last resort. XD

Accordingly, I am only trying to achieve the maximum of my current game play and not what would actually be possible if one were to play at maximum efficiency - but I will hopefully come later.

You have already given me some information that I was not really aware of, and tips that I will definitely try, for which I am really grateful to you!
            ———
            TARO TOWI BIGE 9958

Comment

Update:

After swapping out a few gems for a little more toughness and regeneration, it got a bit better, but not really.

Somehow the discrepancy between my stats and the implemented performance is simply not right!

I have now explicitly compared my trial BH with my trial Mage and the problem is clearly visible with the CD, unless it is calculated differently for BH and Mage!
              The other stats I will check also.

Question: Is that so?
              Is the stats calculating differently for BH & Mage?

If I add up all the CD's in my BH, I get 1531.6%.

Add to this the enchantment of shoulder 70% and the 2 medals (12%).

Result: 2113.7% CD
              {1531.6% + 70% + 12%}

If I add up all the CD's for my Mage, I get 1525.2%; + still 70% enchantment shoulder + the 12% of the medals, BUT the total result is only 2007.4%!

That irritates me a lot!

For a direct comparison:

BH (Blackheart) : 2113.7% CD
              {1531.6% + 70% + 12%}

Mage (Moira) : 2007.4% CD
              {1525.2% + 70% + 12%}

It's 6.4% difference between BH & Mage, but 106.4 points difference at the end; what am I missing?

Travis, can you please see if there really is a problem with my Mage or if I'm just too stupid to find my fault?

Thank you very much.
              Last edited by ImagoDarkness; 08-24-2021, 05:44 PM.
              ———
              TARO TOWI BIGE 9958

Comment

Originally posted by ImagoDarkness View Post

Travis, can you please see if there really is a problem with my Mage or if I'm just too stupid to find my fault?
                1. This isn't me.

2. If you remove all of your gear, abilities, and Champion Points you will see that your BH has 312% base CD. Your Mage's base CD is 212%.

Comment

• ImagoDarkness
                  ImagoDarkness commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry, I thought "@|travis" was the link/mark to you.

Thank you for responding anyway and the information!

As Travis mentioned, the base stats for each class is different. Stats at level 70, with full 180 Synergy

Mage:
                - Power: 842
                - Critical Chance: 158 - 5%
                - Critical Damage: 200%
                - Vitality: 95
                - Life: 8150
                - Armor: 50
                - Dodge: 0
                - Regen: 5
                - Ability Rate: 90
                - Deflect Rating: 2100
                - Movement Speed: 15.0

BH:
                - Power: 345
                - Critical Change: 158 - 5%
                - Critical Damage: 300%
                - Vitality: 95
                - Life: 8495
                - Armor: 50
                - Dodge: 1050 - 45% <= This may be what's helping your BH survive more...
                - Regen: 5
                - Ability Rate: 90
                - Deflect Rating: 0
                - Movement Speed: 16.5
                Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

• ImagoDarkness
                  ImagoDarkness commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Learned something again, and thanks for the detailed answer; at least that helps me a little further to understand the basics of the classes.

I knew that there are a few differences between the classes, but not so explicitly in detail and also not that this has such a serious effect on the game - it was assumed that there were minor differences.

Unfortunately, I still have to search for the cause of the poor performance of my mage: somewhere hides a poor implementation of their power and a lack of life energy, if I take other users and their mages for comparison - sometimes worse stats and still seem whose mages work a lot better.

At the moment I have the feeling that my mage is attacking the opponent with cotton wool and is as sensitive as a snowflake - this is not how it works with trial 140+!

That still drives me crazy.
                  Nothing is as bad as not knowing what exactly it is - ignorance: a misery!

Thank you a lot

Update: problem solved halfway.

A not insignificant problem was not the setting specially at my character: it cames from the settings of the game!

I have had switched the FPS limitation to "activ", which gave me an fps rate of 12 to 17 frames/second: this made the speed of the opponents enormous, as far as the display on the mobile phone was concerned, so there was a lot of hectic and I hardly had time reacting to anything - opponents kept appearing out of nowhere and I was dead.

After switching off the limit, the fps rate is now 23 to 30, which makes gaming much smoother and actually gives me the time to react to opponents - it's nice if you at least know what has killed you again! ^^

With my bounty hunter, things are going much better, and I've gained almost 2 minutes in the trial. That's not enough to defeat Elban (trial 143), but it's a lot closer!

The performance of my mage is still not as it would be understandable for the setup and would feel logical, but with a few small modifications it has become at least halfway acceptable.

Thanks to those who helped me!

Who would have thought the frame setting was a big part of the problem ?!
                ———
                TARO TOWI BIGE 9958

Comment

Working...
                X