Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Survive the Land" - what am I doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Survive the Land" - what am I doing wrong?

In the new event "Survive the Land" the chances were leveled by the fact that medals are not active and crafting is also not available. I was also lucky with the drop, some pretty good things dropped, I leveled up almost all my skills to the maximum, and I was confident that I could be at the top of the leaderboard. But I was faced with the fact that my ceiling turned out to be level 158 (there’s simply not enough time for a dragon at level 159 without the “Comprehension” enchantment on the helmet. At the same time, I see how similarly or even worse dressed players took higher levels for unreal time (160 lvl in 3 and 4 minutes and up to 168 lvl).
    Please tell me what am I doing wrong?

Thank You!
    (And sorry if the question seems stupid )​

It doesn't seem stupid. I ask myself the same thing all the time. It seems unreal that people in fairly bad gear can do it.

Comment

I'm in the same boat, and not just in StL. My main BH is virtually identical to some that have gone over tl190 but I've never been able to get past 169.

Comment

• Quazihoto
        Quazihoto commented
        Editing a comment
        I just never got my bracers and trinket to drop. Plenty of the others just not what I need lol.

Well, I think I understand what's the deal. The trick is to go through levels that are multiples of 5, that is, go through lvl 160 until you gain access to 165, etc. I stucked at 169, but could have jumped over it if I had worked harder at 165.

Comment

Would point out that top 10 in Masters in a brand new event is still a very good result. Those above you are regulars at the top in normal season and ANBs anyway. So congratulations, you are up there with the best at the moment.

As I understand it, Garm is always hard because his attacks don't trigger the 6D buffs so the mob phase needs to be over quickly to have enough time to kill him.

You have two companions, Cannibal at the top has 3 (1 Marcus, 2 Nogrims). Might be worthwhile adding a Nogrim?

You could farm more CL and see if that helps as well.

Comment

• Jeth
          Jeth commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you! Yes, I bought one Nogrim, but it didn't help

For shield warriors, more advanced shield is the key to the output, 4 physical damage, your shield is only 73 level, watch more videos of fighters, it may be helpful for you, I also rarely play shield warriors

Comment

Firstly, congrats on 1900+ CL for StL, that's a high achievement even in the standard ANB.

From my understanding, once you're near the "top trials", the concept of "Trial level shopping" come into play - that is, do not waste time on trials that are not optimal for your class. For Shield Warriors, you're looking for maps with a lot of standard mobs packs that are close together - so if you're spending most of the first 30 seconds running between groups, then consider abandoning the trial and restarting for a more favourable map. Similarly if you're facing a lot of Elites, since these will take a lot of time to kill off compared to normal packs.

As you already discovered, dropping back down a trial level or 2 and then finishing that quickly enough to skip over the troublesome TL is also another strategy - trying to keep the +5TL jumps near the top will be pretty hard, but skipping 1 or 2 should be doable.

Yes, higher level shield with Diamond would also greatly help your damage output, but since there's no crafting, you need a lot of luck...

Note that the above is purely based on what I have seen posted here and on Discord, not from personal experience, I'm only mid-range
          Eternium Files - links and details

Comment

• Jeth
            Jeth commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you, this was helpful!
        Working...
        X