Fury set question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fury set question

I have decided to make a 6pc fury set for my warrior. I am aware it's not the best for pushing, but I have my other two chars for that

It has become apparent from what I am reading that storm of swords is considered physical damage, and the tornadoes spawned by WW are considered nature damage.

Since tornadoes often do more damage, would you suggest loading up on nature damage or physical damage in the belt, bracer, and trinkets?

I want to say physical since most of your boss damage will be physical and that will take the most time. But I havent tried for myself..

Comment

I went with Physical. While Tornadoes may do more damage overall, due to large mob pulls, 6x Fury gets 2 casts of Charge & Leap, so if you use both abilities, Physical will be a big boost, especially when fighting the boss. At least that's what I've seen...

Don't forget that Physical will also boost the damage of your regular attacks, where as Nature will only affect Whirlwind & Tornadoes
      Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 on Physical with a 6 pc Fury Warrior most of the damage will be from Storm of Swords from Charge and Leap.

I also think axes with cleave bracers would work best for this build. And cleave is also physical

Comment

Can the fury set items be learned from the recipe trader, or does one have to have glory?

Comment

• MightyPen
          MightyPen commented
          Editing a comment
          You have to have glory.

• Veneficus
          Veneficus commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh wow! I was wondering about that. I haven't bought anything for my warrior yet, because I was waiting for fury recipes. What set(s) are the best from the recipe trader?

So unless I want to spend lots of gems on a campaign, then I can only get via drops.
        Thanks

Comment

• Ozymandius
          Ozymandius commented
          Editing a comment
          You can just use the epic gear boxes that come as rewards for the event. Just use anther gear set until you earn the e-boxes then gradually shift over to the Fury set. I would open two of the e-boxes at a time since set bonuses come in pairs.

I just realized that you can also get glory just by racking up points during a season.
        I imagine that I should verify something before spending that glory.
        I have been playing around with the arena. A couple of times I have gotten pounded by warriors who didn't seem all that impressive in stats. In battle I would be surrounded by a purple cloud that did huge damage. In each case they had fury set so I assumed that was the cause.

Comment

• Nhat
          Nhat commented
          Editing a comment
          Most likely that's Storm of Swords, which procs with 2x Fury pieces when casting Charge or Leap. You can check the vid to confirm: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...ull-commentary

Make sure you're checking all the gears, not just looking at the summarised Damage/Toughness/Recovery values - those can be highly misleading, especially when players use Fire Lily...

What is Fire Lily?
        Thanks

Comment

• MightyPen
          MightyPen commented
          Editing a comment
          Fire Lily is a Trinket. It multiplies all the normal damage you inflict, but sacrifices your entire ability to make critical hits. Players who use Fire Lily (I am one) get rid of all their amythysts, reforge or replace gear with either Critical Rating or Critical Damage attributes, and focus on Power, Physical Damage and Haste.

Originally posted by sbradley02 View Post
        What is Fire Lily?
        This:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20210310_090704.jpg
Views:	3583
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	194057

Cost 100 Glory to unlock, a Legendary one (doesn't matter what level) gives you 5 times damage...
        Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

At 100 Glory, Fire Lily isn't going to happen for me.
          Is there a substantial increase going from 2 to 4 Fury set items? The latter gets you Tornado.
          Thanks all

Comment

• Ozymandius
            Ozymandius commented
            Editing a comment
            sbradley02 Yes, especially once you get WW ability to level 10.

If you can get all 6 Fury pieces, you get an extra Charge and Leap ability. It is worth getting the 6 piece set bonus even if you have to craft Rares at first. You can always upgrade the rare pieces as you get more materials and gold later.
            Last edited by Ozymandius; 03-10-2021, 04:10 PM. Reason: added 6 piece bonus

Tornadoes are fun. Instead of stopping to fight mobs, you just run around, bumping into as many minions as possible, and if they're stupid enough to follow you, they die. At least until you get in over your head and your whirlwind dies. A high ability rate is a plus there.

Comment

• Ozymandius
            Ozymandius commented
            Editing a comment
            Once you get WW to level 10, you can pull mobs all over the map. Until your toughness is high enough, you have to be careful about pulling mobs that are in front of you. The best approach is to run past them, so they get pulled into the draft behind you; then run straight once the WW breaks so they are not right on top of you when they counterattack.

My ANB Fury Warrior just hit level 10 on both WW and Leap. I am experimenting with Charging a large mob, then triggering WW immediately followed by Leap. You get the Belt of Whirling Storms damage boost on the first mob, and the Leap pulls any survivors along with the spinning tornadoes into the next mob when you land. Most of my trial damage is still coming from Storm of Swords, but attacking a mob from above with tornadoes whirling makes for a next visual effect. I may run a few test trials to see how that sequence compares to my old, Charge, Leap, then WW sequence.

Comment

• Chairmannone
            Chairmannone commented
            Editing a comment
            I have been doing it in reverse. Moving into the middle of multiple group of mobs. WW to pull them in. Charge into another group of mob (WW continues to pull them in) and Leap into even more mobs (WW still pulling them in...) Then you have tons of mob for your cleave to chop chop chop whilst you move to another group. WW ready again.

• Ozymandius
            Ozymandius commented
            Editing a comment
            Chairmannone I was experimenting with when to trigger WW to get the most out of the "3000% weapon damage to all targets in your proximity" from Belt of Whirling Storm. I was interpreting that to mean that you want a lot of enemies around you when you first trigger WW, since only those enemies in your proximity when you first activate WW get the added damage. I will try to set aside some time to test different attack strategies during the long break between ANBs. I may end up going back to Charge, Leap, then WW, but I was enjoying the visual effect of landing into a mob with tornadoes flying.

I had barely enough glory to make 3 fury set items, plus the one I had from drop, gives me storm of swords and tornado. Wiped out all my gold... Definitely doing a lot more damage. Need to see if I want to keep devastate or swap for charge. Probably not worth burning lots of gems to socket the new items.

Comment

• MightyPen
            MightyPen commented
            Editing a comment
            Switch to Charge. Not only will it double the number of Storm of Swords you can trigger, Charging and Leaping count as movement, and trigger MORE tornadoes. Go nuts!
            Giving up Devastate may slow your boss battles a little, but you'll go through the mobs so fast you won't mind.
            Last edited by MightyPen; 03-14-2021, 02:07 AM. Reason: I edited this response to add the remark about Devastate.

Thanks, definitely a powerful combo. I am not a huge trials fan, wish they would do more story content, but I am already many trial levels above my previous max. One thing that makes trials a bit better now is that I can clear mobs so much quicker, it brings on the boss much faster.

Comment

One more question. I upped WW to 10 per recommendation. Charge and Leap are at 7. Does upping them add much to SOS and Tornado damage? Lots of gems to get them much higher... Thanks

Comment

• Nhat
              Nhat commented
              Editing a comment
              Do NOT use Gems for abilities upgrade, unless you have a LOT, or for the first few or last level during ANB. For normal/season, just wait for real time...

And no, leveling up Charge & Leap do not increase damage of Storm of Swords.

• Chairmannone
              Chairmannone commented
              Editing a comment
              But you still need to upgrading Charge and Leap to lvl 10, esp Leap because the chaining ability comes only at lvl 10
          Working...
          X