Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Fury 4 Tornados damage scale to attack speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Fury 4 Tornados damage scale to attack speed?

Per title - has anyone determined that?

I know Fury description just says "per second", but so does WW, Frost Beam, etc...

Couldn't devise a proper test in TG. Too many unknowns - how many Nados are generated, is there variance on that, how "close" do they hit....

Good question. I can only give an educated guess on this one.

The tornadoes must have a “trigger” to spawn, since there is an unknown chance to trigger one.

Since the game calculates everything with weapon damage, the damage a skill does, relates to the damage a single attack does to the targeted enemy. Some skills do damage to more than one enemy, and that effect is always described in the description of a skill as a function of the dmg you do to the targeted enemy.

A simple test in the training grounds against 1 enemy with different attack speeds shows attack speed influences the dps of whirlwind. So it seems ww goes for 5 seconds, and does damage for every normal attack in those 5 seconds.

So educated guess would be that attack speed does increase the chance of spawning tornadoes.
    mobile (Apple) player - shield enthousiast - Heavily suffering from butter fingers

SchilKardy - main Fire Lilly Shield Warrior - Trial 143

Comment

Originally posted by Kardinaal View Post
      Good question. I can only give an educated guess on this one.

The tornadoes must have a “trigger” to spawn, since there is an unknown chance to trigger one.

Since the game calculates everything with weapon damage, the damage a skill does, relates to the damage a single attack does to the targeted enemy. Some skills do damage to more than one enemy, and that effect is always described in the description of a skill as a function of the dmg you do to the targeted enemy.

A simple test in the training grounds against 1 enemy with different attack speeds shows attack speed influences the dps of whirlwind. So it seems ww goes for 5 seconds, and does damage for every normal attack in those 5 seconds.

So educated guess would be that attack speed does increase the chance of spawning tornadoes.
      Thing is, they seem to spawn more often the faster you *move* (not attack), which again complicates things. I'm going to try doing only a small sidestep, see if I can spawn a single Tornado and observe how often it hits during its life cycle.

Comment

I don’t think it does. See here for some results.
        Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
        Eternium Files

Comment

Working...
        X