No announcement yet.

Trials of Valor Expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will give my opinion. I'm a fairly new player (lvl 70 CL 219).

For me I liked a lot the update. Until a week ago I only was doing Severed Mountain several times a day, and the truth, it seemed to me quite repetitive.

With the new changes, apart from having to make a build more balanced (it seems that attributes such as armor or vitality could be more useful) Trials and changes make necessary to think a bit before attacking a group of enemies.

I understand that for the big players (CL> 900), the update has been disappointing, but I guess it's hard to put the game balanced without harming anyone.

Things I would change the update are, as some have said, that the trials are very dark. I also believe that the drop rate of legendary items should be reduced as now It seems too easy to get good equipment.

(Sorry for my english)

Comment

Maybe Legendary drop is a bit high, but even if the drop for them is like this, most of what I gained is not useful, so drop rates on trials are fine as they are.
      Dont just say Thanks to some posts which helped you instead klick and hit the Like and Thanks Button !!!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Add me - BH - Mubur: QULE HIBO WUDU 2241

Comment

Originally posted by yewnok View Post
        I understand that for the big players (CL> 900), the update has been disappointing, but I guess it's hard to put the game balanced without harming anyone.
        It's not that disappointing honestly. I really love the update, the trials are awesome! It's just that lowering the value of CL and making them harder to grind removes the fun of the end game for me. I was playing this game for CL grinding, that was my fun of ever growing my heroes power but now i just don't feel it. 1 CL power makes for almost nothing in term of power and as of now it takes about 10-15 hours of trials to get 1 CL (it used to take 1 hour to get one CL and it would give my hero about 2-5 times the power it gives now)

So yeah, it's just that, everything else is fine. I would love for them to revert back the changes for the CL and give an exponential bonus to experience in trials. But that's just my opinion i understand some people don't agree with that and it's fine. I might now enjoy playing hundred of hours still without those change is what i fear, that's all.
        Gandalf - LETU BUWU HAZI 3646

Comment

I suggest. Add pet.

Comment

I remember the time when there was no CL or act 3, people didn't really know what to do in-game, thats what makes me mad when people start whining because the Devs made changes on the game.

Thats not a reason to stop playing it, it's more reason to play it, and give fairly criticism to the points which they changed.

I'm really sorry for misunderstandings from my side, also i do apology for my hard reactions before.
            Dont just say Thanks to some posts which helped you instead klick and hit the Like and Thanks Button !!!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Nerdidne View Post
              Thats not a reason to stop playing it, it's more reason to play it, and give fairly criticism to the points which they changed.
              I agree, but having to spend 15+ hours to get 0.2% extra attack speed is no reason for me to spend that much time. That leaves what? Min-maxing gear, that's fun for a while but when you get in that top 1% of gear it can get boring. Pushing trials? That is fun, and will get even more fun when leaderboards gets out but then again, once you min-max your gear it will be a game of getting the best map and will only last so long. It's nice that they integrated CL to give the game more longevity and yeah i'm not the average player having 1332 CL, so it's certainly not what the average player will feel.
              Gandalf - LETU BUWU HAZI 3646

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Laplante View Post
                I agree, but having to spend 15+ hours to get 0.2% extra attack speed is no reason for me to spend that much time. That leaves what? Min-maxing gear, that's fun for a while but when you get in that top 1% of gear it can get boring. Pushing trials? That is fun, and will get even more fun when leaderboards gets out but then again, once you min-max your gear it will be a game of getting the best map and will only last so long. It's nice that they integrated CL to give the game more longevity and yeah i'm not the average player having 1332 CL, so it's certainly not what the average player will feel.
                Got what you said, still my CL will get reduced since my BH is lvl 162 and CL also raised for over 150-200 levels, Adrian already knows about my problem, so i will get back to CL 1000-1100.

Any way before Leaderboards get released they really need to fix all kind of hack/cheatable stuff like, Gem/Gold hack, Champion Points, exp, minion exp, minion attack, achievements and i dont know what else can be hacked.

Yeah I know many people would like to say now: " how can you talk like that when you hacked the game in the past yourself"

And hell they are right I did cheat/hack in M&M, but it wasn't worth doing it since it just ruined my whole gameplay.

So I started from scratch, with a completely new account, bought the Stormblade and play it fair.

Still I think the game has made good improvement since last year and hope that it will grow even bigger, that because it's one of the best Action packed RPGs on almost every Appstore.

Comment

Oh gosh i got so beaten down, anyone have same problems?

Or ideas how to overpower Elban while in trials?

Hit and Run wont work against him xD

I know that i need to work on my gear but i really don't wanna play as my mage... Only reason i play with him is cuz maybe he gets some good drops.
                  Last edited by Nerdidne; 10-24-2016, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Laplante View Post
                    I'm at the end game where the only challenge left is pushing CL's. With the nerf, that's not even fun anymore since it takes nearly as day to get 1 CL if you play for ours and I tend to only spend an hour or two each day. If things don't change I won't be playing for much longer except to get my daily gem quest in, hoping that things become a little more balanced. Nerfing the game a bit is okay but an %85 nerf is ridiculous. Make the trials more difficult for end game players but leave the story mode alone IMO. Then there's a challenge for those who are dedicated to the game. Add more set items or named items to the game to spice things up. Give enemies more HP at higher trial levels to provide a challenge for those players with +1000 CL's that they've spent a lot of time earning, don't punish your fan-base because they enjoy your game.

Balancing is hard and I don't envy the dev's job in doing it but don't nerf the fun out of your game please.

Comment

Like any beta one just has to roll with the punches. I enjoy the game, so back to the drawing board with what works best for me.
                      I do want express my thanks for a great game, AND my gratitude to those who have posted some good info in thes forums..... thus saving me grief, gold, and my sanity.....
                      In the trials I actually had an arcanist set drop after fighting mrs. G...... so I was pleasantly surprised..... think I shall farm that one for awhile and see what happens...

Now on to some q's......

Any chance on seeing a cap increase for abilities?
                      Any chance on seeing some new armor sets?
                      Any chance on co-op on raid type keyed dungeons? There are some really cool people in this game..... being able to run with them would be awesome...

All in all I think yall hit the nail on the head with this game.... its been a long time since I have enjoyed a game as much as this.....

Comment

the thing i found i needed to do post expansion was get def stats. My warrior has 51% parry and 20% dodge. That helped me immensely. I only have around 33k DPS and CL 80 so am only up to trial 52 atm. But without the defence stats (witch i basically got from going from epic to legendary items) i wouldnt have even got that far. I have complete Heroic mode and am now working through legendary. So maybe warriors at lower levels need some Defence stats till they get to very high CL levels.

Comment

Balancing

@ Adrian: Yeah I would also like to know if you at least intend to buff the Champion Levels a bit ?
                          I am pretty disappointed that you apperently refuse to see that so many players are unhappy about the CL changes (anything new besides that is great).

I know you wanna balance the game play especually for 'newcomer' (I sympathize with that - a well- growing player base and thereby new investors is exactly what is needed for a solid funding base (this - in turn- is required in order to ensure further development of m & m).

At first glance, that might seem 'beginner-friendly (as it lowers the disparity between new players and veterans).
                          But on second glance, you might forget that every newcomer becomes a veteran sometime.

Once they got their legendary lvl 70 set - gear (which is quite easy to get at the moment by means of the trials), they will also seek for a longterm motivation; there is a point, where you barely find new legendary stuff that outscores your present/ previous gear.

Until now, the CHAMPION LEVEL was the ONLY REAL ENDGAME CONTENT so far in this game.
                          The steady and visible progress concerning the heroes Power and toughness kept so many people playing M & M again and again.... day by day.....

Now, there is no good reason to play or maybe to grind that game. You barely see any signs of improvement (after you had to play for many hours in order to just fill up the EXP - bar).

As far as those 'former new players ' realise that they probably also quit your game.
                          I highly doubt that this is what you desire ??!

I am aware that it isn't beyond my power to decide which direction you take in regards of m & m.
                          I didn't develop that fantastic and very outstanding game but rather having the pleasure to play it since 2014. .....
                          Please reconsider that topic again. We might find a good compromise between the scalings before and after the recent update ? A golden mean that gives veterans a feeling being rewarded for their countless hours of grinding and ensure that the newbies don't loose connection to top players.

There are so many alternatives you could choose instead of the harsh nerf.
                          As an example, you could buff the Champion Levels again (at least partially ) and therefore additionally introduce a slight extraponential rise of XP required to proceed to the next CL especially if a player reaches pretty high CLs. So you could set a 'soft cap' on the absolute number of CLs and slow down the progress of people that already have high CLs without taking away their achieved success.

Think about the new players: it's only in your interest if newbies that have reached lvl 70 experience continuous progress of their characters and have fun.

I would be very pleased to receive an answer of yours.
                          NUCE SONI HUCU 7612

Comment

Originally posted by Dominik Keßler View Post
                            @ Adrian: Yeah I would also like to know if you at least intend to buff the Champion Levels a bit ?
                            I am pretty disappointed that you apperently refuse to see that so many players are unhappy about the CL changes (anything new besides that is great).

I know you wanna balance the game play especually for 'newcomer' (I sympathize with that - a well- growing player base and thereby new investors is exactly what is needed for a solid funding base (this - in turn- is required in order to ensure further development of m & m).

At first glance, that might seem 'beginner-friendly (as it lowers the disparity between new players and veterans).
                            But on second glance, you might forget that every newcomer becomes a veteran sometime.

Once they got their legendary lvl 70 set - gear (which is quite easy to get at the moment by means of the trials), they will also seek for a longterm motivation; there is a point, where you barely find new legendary stuff that outscores your present/ previous gear.

Until now, the CHAMPION LEVEL was the ONLY REAL ENDGAME CONTENT so far in this game.
                            The steady and visible progress concerning the heroes Power and toughness kept so many people playing M & M again and again.... day by day.....

Now, there is no good reason to play or maybe to grind that game. You barely see any signs of improvement (after you had to play for many hours in order to just fill up the EXP - bar).

As far as those 'former new players ' realise that they probably also quit your game.
                            I highly doubt that this is what you desire ??!

I am aware that it isn't beyond my power to decide which direction you take in regards of m & m.
                            I didn't develop that fantastic and very outstanding game but rather having the pleasure to play it since 2014. .....
                            Please reconsider that topic again. We might find a good compromise between the scalings before and after the recent update ? A golden mean that gives veterans a feeling being rewarded for their countless hours of grinding and ensure that the newbies don't loose connection to top players.

There are so many alternatives you could choose instead of the harsh nerf.
                            As an example, you could buff the Champion Levels again (at least partially ) and therefore additionally introduce a slight extraponential rise of XP required to proceed to the next CL especially if a player reaches pretty high CLs. So you could set a 'soft cap' on the absolute number of CLs and slow down the progress of people that already have high CLs without taking away their achieved success.

Think about the new players: it's only in your interest if newbies that have reached lvl 70 experience continuous progress of their characters and have fun.

I would be very pleased to receive an answer of yours.
                            WoW...beautifully put & well said...right on the money! Thank you for this post!
                            QETO PEJI CUZA 8302 btw... Edaj is my name backwards

Comment

Originally posted by Nerdidne View Post
                              Oh gosh i got so beaten down, anyone have same problems?

Or ideas how to overpower Elban while in trials?

Hit and Run wont work against him xD

I know that i need to work on my gear but i really don't wanna play as my mage... Only reason i play with him is cuz maybe he gets some good drops.
                              agreed 1000%, in fact i think he should be removed completely from trials. He is the final boss of the game, not some random spawning boss. i am up to trial 61 so i just quit the trial if i see elban. i have gear that will make me have 179k toughness and he still will one or two shot me.

overall i like the update. however, the gms need to make a laundry list of changes and removing elban from trials should be one because he is too hard at lvl90 when the most i can get is lvl70. in story mode he will max at 70. i also quit trial stages with tons of walls because they effectively shield mobs.

the best part is elban gives u nothing better than any other trial boss. i killed a 80ish lvl elban and he dropped 3 purple armors. by this time i had full sets of lvl70 set gear and lvl70 gold weapons, books, shields and capes.
                              Last edited by Jt Smith; 10-24-2016, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominik Keßler View Post
                                We have already posted a more detailed description of our balancing process in this thread: https://forum.makingfun.com/showthre...Considerations

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X