Ban policy for cheaters & exploiters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adrian (Developer) View Post
    Transferring items to your event hero from outside the event = ban. You know it's not fair and you know it's an exploit.
    So I did do the Ironbound reward stuff on July 16 to get the ironbound cape for my event mage. Is that the same thing as “transferring” from outside the event? By that time my mage was already level 70, but I’m sure it helped my character a little. I didnt know if that was considered an exploit since I assumed that the Ironbound offer was for everyone.
    Last edited by Loser99; 07-19-2018, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Yes and those that do read the above. Remember using it once by mistake and REPORTING it. Not only means NO ban. it levels the field when they fix it and the devs do typically reward with few gems or such

(youre not gonna get right that way but, it's a nice incentive! And youre gonna need to be first)

Wait? I cant transfer all my celestial to my event hero and get away with it? Someone would notice me having more than one?
      Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
      Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
      see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
      and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
      It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by GrauGeist View Post

Uh... the keys are already nearly useless... That's why people are hoarding them instead of using them.
        I did it on accident for awhile and ended up with a stupid annoying amount I just wanted to go away

Originally posted by Loser99 View Post

So I did do the Ironbound reward stuff on July 16 to get the ironbound cape for my event mage. Is that the same thing as “transferring” from outside the event? By that time my mage was already level 70, but I’m sure it helped my character a little. I didnt know if that was considered an exploit since I assumed that the Ironbound offer was for everyone.
        probably not since it was possible and there. Anyone new could have done it by accident pretty easy. Or someone who just hadnt seen the reward. Personally I think it was bit smart of you.

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...

Comment

TBH, paid items should always be available for these things.

Comment

Originally posted by GrauGeist View Post

Uh... the keys are already nearly useless... That's why people are hoarding them instead of using them.
            Yes... or we have a blinking mail box or unusable keys.

Comment

We are reasonable. We know people might stumble upon an exploit by mistake, and we'll take that into consideration. But there's a huge difference between using an exploit once by mistake and using it one hundred times intentionally.
              Thanks for clarifying things Adrian, my paranoia kicks in when I read things like "taking advantage of bugs". Make sense for it to only be considered an exploit if you're getting an advantage over other players, without having to "do the work" to earn things.

Originally posted by Loser99 View Post
              As mentioned, I think this is "as intended" - I checked previously with respect to new accounts and the Living Weapons and Endar offers being available to ANB event hero and Travis confirmed with the team that it was intentional. The in-game mails are also filtered for the ANB event Hero, so you don't actually get everything - same way as how the event reward mails are only visible to the event hero.

The offers includes Gems, so it helps out new accounts that haven't been able to stock up before the event started. The Living Items does make things a bit easier to get through the low/mid levels, but you'll need better items to push the higher trials anyway, so not getting access to them isn't that much of an issue (in my opinion anyway).
              Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

All guys/gals in top 10 anb have >= 1900 CL less than a week, is that possible without cheating or they all have no life? Since normal top LB have mostly equal CL n it took em years...

Comment

Originally posted by viettuan129 View Post
                  All guys/gals in top 10 anb have >= 1900 CL less than a week, is that possible without cheating or they all have no life? Since normal top LB have mostly equal CL n it took em years...
                  I'm not sure how difficult it will be to reach CL1900 since I'm now at just CL1000+, but I think CL1700+ could be reached in 5-6 days if 3 or more players take turns playing the same event hero 20+hrs a day. That won't be considered as cheating, yet that would be just a little bit too much lol

Comment

Originally posted by AimEoN View Post

I'm not sure how difficult it will be to reach CL1900 since I'm now at just CL1000+, but I think CL1700+ could be reached in 5-6 days if 3 or more players take turns playing the same event hero 20+hrs a day. That won't be considered as cheating, yet that would be just a little bit too much lol
                    1st, account sharing is cheating.

2nd, 1900 isn't that hard to get to... anything close to 2.1k at the end is probably not legit. (as in, shared account)

I got to 1700 today and i've not been playing that much...
                    ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
                    ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
                    Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post

1st, account sharing is cheating.

2nd, 1900 isn't that hard to get to... anything close to 2.1k at the end is probably not legit. (as in, shared account)

I got to 1700 today and i've not been playing that much...
                      So it's not allowed for a player to ask someone helping farming XP/gemstones? I thought that won't be a problem =/
                      (I almost wanted to ask my brother to help me)

Comment

CL1550 today with legitimate play; I do my gemstone farming in the day during my breaks at work, but I can only play TLs at night after the kids go to bed. So that's 2-3 hours of TL80-100 with the 200% XP booster each night. Therefore I don't think 1900-2000 CLs on day 7 are impossible without cheating.
                        Obviously those CL1999 players on day 1 and 2 are on the devs' radar already and they probably have the means to check whoever is using nicely rolled gear that was acquired before the event, so I am not worried about the final leaderboards being clean
                        I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by viettuan129 View Post
                          Yes. Last time tops were all 1900-2000 there is bit trick to it and everything and actually doesn't require no life.
                          i managed start 2 1/2 days late. Just got last piece gear with good xp on it yesterday and am easily distracted with a full life (girlfriend, job, house, take care disabled stepmom...and there was a kid running around somewhere but been awhile since I've seen her....) And I'm at 1445.
                          I'll get about 4-5 CL right now in 3 mintues. Add load times 5min
                          4.5*12 an hour....

People with bit better gear could do higher trial for 6 CL....
                          Couple extra days of that and a kid outta school. Or just more focus and 1900 no problem

Comment

No comments!

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
                              The Living Items does make things a bit easier to get through the low/mid levels, but you'll need better items to push the higher trials anyway, so not getting access to them isn't that much of an issue (in my opinion anyway).
                              The Living Cape and Gun (Ironbound Cape & Stormgun) would make a HUGE difference for a BH, as BH *needs* 2 weapons - starting with effectively Legendary pieces there takes a lot of pressure off being able to do decent damage for level. If your goal is to get the Trial 80 Celestial, then those Living items carry practically the entire way!

Being able to save the Custom Legendary Box is a HUGE benefit once you turn Level 70. Sure, you'll replace it by CL 500 or so, but that's still getting a big jump on things. You can open your Random Set Items, and then just make whatever it takes to fill the gap.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian (Developer) View Post
                                Transferring items to your event hero from outside the event = ban. You know it's not fair and you know it's an exploit.
                                Speaking of fairness, some people brought their Ironbound rewards into ANB3, the leaderboards are littered with Source:Ironbound perfect items and presumably additional perfect jewelry, set item chests etc.

Is the Ironbound event considered "outdide the ANB3 event" or not?
                                Is the ANB event supposed to provided a level competing platform, or if you discover additional resources that provide you a hefty advantage, you're good to go? Why is it so difficult to get an answer on this?
                                I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X