arcanist a viable set for the arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

arcanist a viable set for the arena

So I currently use a pretty standard ELR armor paired with a GMC weapon set and talisman of storms w/ vial of the wind spirit . My abilities are blink , frost beam , and frost nova . Now for the question , considering that the arcanist set is optimized to be used with paradox ( an ability that shields the player temporarily from effects like frost nova and blizzard , which are the most commonly used abilities for mages ) as well as blink and singularity . It seems to me like the arcanist set is perfect for countering the stunning effects of the majority of players I encounter . Especially considering that arcanist set is built to augment the standard abilities , thus providing a more even stream of damage . However this approach is almost non-existent on the leaderboards . So my question is would the arcanist set be a viable option for the arena ? And if so what weapons / trinkets would work best and what stats should I prioritize ?
    P.S sorry for how long this got .

Arcanist and Forbidden Knowledge set, like peanut butter and jelly, like spagetti and meatballs, like a horse and carriage. As for skills to use? Blink, something, something. I'm a Lily mage, so ToP and Lily. Vitality and Armor are my priorities in the Arena. You need to survive the pummeling you get once you're stunned.

I find ELR vs AI mage a pain in the derriere since the AI mage can stun with impunity. A second after I cast frost beam, I get stunned/frozen. That kills my killer combo before it even starts.

Against warriors and hunters, who can't stun you ever 2 seconds, ELR mages are viable. I'm thinking of switching one Immolate for Paradox because once a warrior gets me caught in a WW, I'm dead meat. Blink is the only way to escape that, but I had already used them up dodging his Storm of Swords. Paradox to the rescue.

I play a Lily mage, so I run around until Talisman of Power kicks in then, Beam/Nova for beaucoup damage. But AI mage freeze me mid beam, so SOL

Comment

No, I run it and it's only good versus some warriors.
      But only because this is still Xagan's AI after all. . .

ELR+FoK focusing on Frost Bolt and stun/slow effects with Nova/Blink/Blizzard is probably the way to go and deals much more dmg than Arcanist.
      By extension, Stormcaller+Blink is something I may try when I have time.

Unfortunately, the sets have been more unbalanced in the latest "balance update". Hanlon's razor? Hard to tell. . .
      Theoretical Modding
      (because tweaking numbers won't be enough)

Comment

To mousse , so should I at least experiment with this set and if I get powerful enough would I have a shot at hitting the top 100 . And to carnivorousdeathparrot.2 are you saying stormcaller would be a better set to experiment with ? If so what would you recommend in the way of weapons and trinkets . Also what does FoK stand for ? Thanks .
        P.S considering that I can't upload any screen shots here's my code so you can check out my builds and tell me what you think
        ZAPE PINE SAVU 4848
        Last edited by Melkor beleger; 04-02-2021, 06:23 PM.

Comment

So clearly if I want to try something different the SCR would be my best bet ? Also , would fire lilly and talisman of power be a good set of trinkets ? And can I use the Forbidden Knowledge set with SCR successfully ? Because the very reason I want to try something else is because the AI is always freezing me at the very beginning of the match and so I am looking for something with shields . And the shield projected by the FK is very strong and the set is a good match for the SCR .

Comment

Fire Lilly and Talisman of Power are standard trinkets. Using Lilly let's you ignore critical hit stats and focus on survivability stats (vitality and some mix of armor/dodge/etc.)

I would say Elemental Regalia is the best mage set, probably the best set of any class really. 96% bonus damage AND damage reduction? Oh, and also increasing damage of spells AND reducing cooldowns? OK, neat.

Comment

. . .and keeping your opponent frozen or slow for 90% of the fight!

I'm testing my new Lily SCR vs my original ToS Arcanist.

The first has already started doing better in trials yet still doing clearly worse in the arena.

There is a raw power gap in that the Arcanist has higher level equipment - the weapons in particular, about three CT'd items and all possible enchantments and gemstone slots.
              But also the Arcanist could still go up to a full lvl 77 CT'd set so it's hard to tell at this point if the SCR will ever be better.
              Theoretical Modding
              (because tweaking numbers won't be enough)

Comment

Working...
              X