Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Explosive Shot! The new Scatter Shot! Lethal Shot too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Explosive Shot! The new Scatter Shot! Lethal Shot too!

While, I finally did some digging and it has been confirmed.

Explosive Shot and Lethal Shot used to the short range hunter attacks. Scatter Shot with the Tesla set was the long range option.

Well, Explosive Shot and Lethat Shot now have the old, long-range of the Scatter Shot/Tesla set combination. Scatter Shot/Tesla set now have old, short-range of the other attacks.

Guess this means investigating the new, best weapons to pair with Assault.

Great job Adrian (Developer) and the rest of the development team! I was very bored with Scatter Shot and really preferred Explosive Shot. We will just add the incorrect descriptions to the long list of text items that are invalid. Descriptions that are incorrect always help to make sure that new players are not bored as they try to figure out how the game actually works. Truly an ingenous way to suck people into rabbit holes that will retain them as customers.

Devious! Just devious! Guess I should blame my rabbit hole addiction on y'all.

I was sure it get pretty lame lately, but no post on forum about it. Well you are one of last here that have lust to write it. Im experiencing some bugs and other stuff that normally I would write, but slowly I care less and less about this game. Not because I have less time
    I would say "keep up good work" but its you habit haha! All the best ManTin!

Comment

Nice finding! But but but... there is more to dig... Does Pathfinder enhance the range as it did previously?

Best regards Tin Man !
      Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
      Eternium Files

Comment

Also, after your discovery, I wonder what to make with this message from Travis, to which I responded (sic) "Human can double-tap to fire even if no foe is in sight".

For people without a Discord account:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Travis_on_Teslas.png Views:	0 Size:	67.9 KB ID:	188387
        Last edited by LodWig; 12-30-2020, 11:35 AM.
        Eternium Files

Comment

Originally posted by LodWig View Post
          Nice finding! But but but... there is more to dig... Does Pathfinder enhance the range as it did previously?

Best regards Tin Man !
          Sorry, that Pathfinder was used was only implied.

Tesla is really, really short without Pathfinder. Pathfinder still impacts all the basic attacks as far as I can tell.

When running The Gauntlet, Explosive Shot and Lethal Shot can still be used with the hunter standing in the middle and only turning to kill everything when running Pathfinder. Scatter Shot used to be the only one that could do that. Now Scatter Shot is the only one that can not.

A bug? A game change? Only the developers can answer that and I plan a loaded feedback post to them about that question.

Thank you for the information from Discord. I rarely check there since it is even a bigger time suck than the Forum.

This whole issue massively changes my hunters and the question of whether or not it is a bug is extremely important.

Comment

It's a bug.
            Eternium Files

Comment

Yes, I know. I saw the post. The changes are even more complicated, however.

Comment

Hopefully the entire thing is a glitch that will be fixed.

Lethal shot and explosive shot are already used by the dominant build(s) and don't need more range more anything.
                The Assault set has not been doing well for a while now so downgrading scatter shot doesn't make any sense.
                Theoretical Modding
                (because tweaking numbers won't be enough)

Comment

• Tin Man
                  Tin Man commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Travis said recently that the Scatter Shot problem will be addressed in the next update. Whether or not Lethal Shot and Explosive Shot will be returned to their normal behaviour was not mentioned.

So, since this is considered "fixed" as of v1.5.38, this is now the new normal and Scatter Shot has a permanently reduced range?

Time to retire Scatter Shot and Tesla sets? No longer seems to be any point in either since Explosive Shot and Deadly Shot have greater range. The only real advantage of Scatter Shot now is the 2 pieces bonus from Assault Gear.

The reduced Scatter Shot range destroys my typical farming methods. That loss of 20-40 feet matters.

Comment

That the "developers" keep nerfing (or accidentally breaking) things that do not need nerfing shows that they don't understand the game beyond the pay-to-win / gambling-addiction mechanics they keep pushing for.

In fact, a lot of technical elements are probably outsourced. When was the last time we got new music or sound effects, for example?
                  Last edited by CarnivorousDeathParrot.2; 03-31-2021, 02:33 AM.
                  Theoretical Modding
                  (because tweaking numbers won't be enough)

Comment

• Turgeon
                    Turgeon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Could not answer always playing without sound haha
                Working...
                X