Adventurer's Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adventurer's Set

How say Adventurer's sets get scrapped completely? Far inferior to any other sets, & gets really frustrating if you're trying to farm gear, & the few and far between times you actually get set gear with good stats, it's (statistically) 25% of the time adventurer's. In my case, farming trial 97 about 10 times with each class of hero resulted in over half the set gear pieces I found being adventurer's. Or does anyone actually ever use it??
    CL 1140
    Warrior - TL85
    BH - TL101
    Mage - TL85
    Mage - TL80

Yeah, it's not impressive, but I work fifty hour weeks.
    All mobile, in my spare time.

I still use it in my warrior, Bleed Type warrior. Purely bleed type with 4adv/2warlord. Not the parry kind of thing which uses full warlord. I enjoy playing it just like the old meta and will continue to play my warrior like that.
    Retired Mobile Player

Comment

I stand corrected
      CL 1140
      Warrior - TL85
      BH - TL101
      Mage - TL85
      Mage - TL80

Yeah, it's not impressive, but I work fifty hour weeks.
      All mobile, in my spare time.

Comment

IMO, if they’re going to keep the old set gear so high in the drop rotation, they should add a bonus or buff the current attributes to make them relevant. My hope with the introduction of new gear sets and the balance patch was to eliminate the “one set is the best for everyone” that we had with the mage Apprentice set. The ability to mix and match sets for a viable alternative would be nice. For mages, the LB is now flooded with Regalia + GMC. Everyone playing the same gear with the same abilities. It’s kinda boring.

Comment

I used a 2 pc Adventurers gear to get the +210 CR bonus on my BH during Bronze 2. Since I prioritize weapons, I almost never get a full 6 pc set of gear during ANB. For normal end game play, though I just keep an old Adventurers gear set in the stash in case it makes a comeback...

Comment

Buffed Adventurer's sets would actually be an interesting idea and rather easy to make; just calculate the damage buff given by the other sets when used with the right spells and give something comparable (but lower) in the form of haste, power, etc. . . divided in the usual 2 / 4 / 6 - set format.

Since the set won't buff any particular combination of spells, a new eclectic strategy will emerge.
            Last edited by CarnivorousDeathParrot.2; 06-19-2019, 05:49 AM.
            Theoretical Modding
            (because tweaking numbers won't be enough)

Comment

Working...
            X