Higher difficulty for story mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Higher difficulty for story mode

I rather enjoy story mode, but it's not very challenging, is it? All of legendary mode can be completed while only using auto attack with no passives slotted and no companions slotted.

It would be nice if there was a higher difficulty than legendary. To clarify, I'm talking about adding a 4th difficulty, not replacing an existing one. It'd be great to have something on par with TL 100 - 110. Perhaps it would unlock after you have completed Legendary as well as TL 100 or whatever TL would be on par with the new difficulty level. It should also be as rewarding as doing those higher level trials, or perhaps offer an increased gem bonus for getting your 5th star for any given level within that difficulty. It would be pretty cool if the 5 stars were shiny blue like a celestial item instead of gold. That would add a bit of flare, and let people know that they're in for something different this time around.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Blue Stars.jpg Views:	240 Size:	99.9 KB ID:	139030

Last edited by Shade Glow; 09-13-2019, 08:38 AM.
    BH: Shade
    Mage: Muse
    Warrior: Shade

For a list of guides I've created, click here.

I'm a story mode lover ...ohh say wat you want!!

always deleting not fully unlocked hero's (after finishing all 5 star of course)..start all over again...

Can't remember how many hero's I've deleted already

Why I enjoy story mode?

1. Gem, Gold etc etc farmin

2. Beautiful landscape, scenery etc

3. Like to see different type of monsters more slowly (enjoy the visual art) etc. In trial -no time..Just kill kill kill as fast as you can within the specified time etc..

4. IMPROVE/ADD SOMETHING? PLEASE DO...but let the "Story Mode" be as it is. A Place that we can play in a relaxing manner. If we want to compete or try to obtain a place at the LB we can play at trials.

Story Mode I love you...

Thank You
    Last edited by TheExorcist; 06-19-2019, 01:41 AM.
    Shield warrior Lover

Comment

why not celestial difficulty which grants blue stars as you noted, along with special celestial skins to add to celestial items only, giving them flare as well... like mabey some thin, glowing, neon blue pinstriping or something
      TEHA ZONU WEFO 4599
      Makina "The Corpse Princess" - stalker bh
      Sabre - dw warrior
      Shadowiiix - arcanist mage

Comment

Originally posted by Shade Glow View Post
        I rather enjoy story mode, but it's not very challenging, is it? All of legendary mode can be completed while only using auto attack with no passives slotted and no champions slotted.

It would be nice if there was a higher difficulty than legendary. To clarify, I'm talking about adding a 4th difficulty, not replacing an existing one. It'd be great to have something on par with TL 100 - 110. Perhaps it would unlock after you have completed Legendary as well as TL 100 or whatever TL would be on par with the new difficulty level. It should also be as rewarding as doing those higher level trials, or perhaps offer an increased gem bonus for getting your 5th star for any given level within that difficulty. It would be pretty cool if the 5 stars were shiny blue like a celestial item instead of gold. That would add a bit of flare, and let people know that they're in for something different this time around.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blue Stars.jpg
Views:	1143
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	139030
        Agree that story mode needs something to make it a tad more interesting. Since I know there are gates that open and close in story mode, how about some more puzzle/navigation type maps in your 4th level? Vary the path, vary the difficulty, cause some confusion?
        FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryDarc View Post
          Agree that story mode needs something to make it a tad more interesting. Since I know there are gates that open and close in story mode, how about some more puzzle/navigation type maps in your 4th level? Vary the path, vary the difficulty, cause some confusion?
          That would be awesome!

I was also thinking, what if there was a small chance for a trial boss to spawn randomly in the middle of some levels? Maybe have a ring of spears fall from the sky encircling you and the trial boss, so you can't progress further until the trial boss is dead. After killing the trial boss, the spears vanish with a cloud of smoke. These could be rare encounters which offer a chance at rewards which you can't get anywhere else. Take those celestial skins 13ft shadow had mentioned for example. It would be nice if they were rare enough that people were impressed when they saw someone who has one.

Comment

That would be awesome!

I was also thinking, what if there was a small chance for a trial boss to spawn randomly in the middle of some levels? Maybe have a ring of spears fall from the sky encircling you and the trial boss, so you can't progress further until the trial boss is dead. After killing the trial boss, the spears vanish with a cloud of smoke. These could be rare encounters which offer a chance at rewards which you can't get anywhere else. Take those celestial skins 13ft shadow had mentioned for example. It would be nice if they were rare enough that people were impressed when they saw someone who has one.
            Yeah! Well at least, real bosses on each map on the 4th level (We could call it "Celestial"). Also amp up the XP gained so trial is not the only way to go. And how about some REAL drops? Set drops or special weapons/capes/etc.
            FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

Originally posted by 13ft shadow View Post
              why not celestial difficulty which grants blue stars as you noted, along with special celestial skins to add to celestial items only, giving them flare as well... like mabey some thin, glowing, neon blue pinstriping or something
              Here's an example of what a few of these skins might look like. (Chest, Staff, Tome, and Cape)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Celestial Skins.jpg
Views:	874
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	139080

Comment

It would be nice if there was a higher difficulty than legendary. To clarify, I'm talking about adding a 4th difficulty, not replacing an existing one. It'd be great to have something on par with TL 100 - 110. Perhaps it would unlock after you have completed Legendary as well as TL 100 or whatever TL would be on par with the new difficulty level. It should also be as rewarding as doing those higher level trials, or perhaps offer an increased gem bonus for getting your 5th star for any given level within that difficulty.
                Man, I did a search for Story Mode to see if anyone had an idea like this, but the first hundred or so posts were all about farming gold, gemstones or unique gear from locked chests. Thanks for the redirect.

I like making Story Mode more difficult, but to go from TL30 equivalent difficulty to TL100 difficulty is a bit much. That was why I suggested we be allowed to adjust the difficulty level in terms of TL equivalent. The catch the max you can adjust it is the max TL you've completed.

Comment

I actually think TL100 difficulty might be a tad easy to call it celestial level. Especially as TL100 takes less than 2 minutes to complete once you're about CL1800. Maybe story mode at TL110-120 would be a fitting challenge?

Comment

Originally posted by TerryDarc View Post

Random spawning obstacles that need to be destroyed or bypassed with abilities would be cool too.
                    VIQA TESO VUBA 6781
                    Eternium Walkthrough
                    LFAQ

Comment

This is a very old and recurring (and good) idea:

https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...1364#post91364
                      VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

I'd be at least somewhat satisfied to see the popup messages disappear after the first run through a story. Why do I need to know where a future companion is located when I have already obtained that companion?

Comment

Why can't there be an 'Eternium-has-no-end' type situation with the story mode too, so that the monsters keep increasing their hp+damage without there being an end to it? Maybe the higher levels can even give more rewards (e.g. 12 gems instead of 10 for the next three levels, 14 for the next three and so on). This will add a very interesting dynamic to gem and gold farming and maybe even xp.

Comment

How about a Nightmare difficulty that scales with your level/CL, where rewards (after completion) are trial 100 comparable or better and if you die, you start the level from start.

Comment

That sounds fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X