The grind is not rewarding anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The grind is not rewarding anymore

I don't know if it's my luck or the drop rates in general, but speed farming TL105-TL115s seems completely pointless from a loot find point of view, which is the cornerstone of games like Eternium.
    The search for that lvl74/75 items has shifted from "let's do max TL I can handle in case I drop the godly item" to "let's speed farm TLs for mats and Morgenheim for gold, to craft another 5 pieces".
    Endless TL115 grind, 95%+ of the drops are insta-salvage lvl70 items and the rest are lvl71 and 72. Once every 3 days I'll get a lvl73 item, but it will be a "Lucky Cape of Malice" and then back to another 30 trial runs with just lvl70-72.

It doesn't feel like a proper RPG anymore, there is no loot, the excitement of seeing what you got after that 9.5 minute TL140 run, has turned into a gambling game with Ingrid.
    I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

seconded

Comment

I'm with you. Got first 75lv drop only yesterday. It was Cleaver with Arm and EG.

Comment

Originally posted by Chosen View Post
        I don't know if it's my luck or the drop rates in general, but speed farming TL105-TL115s seems completely pointless from a loot find point of view, which is the cornerstone of games like Eternium.
        Unfortunately, I need to do these runs at TL 80... However, the only thing that ever drops is 3 pieces of gear from Kara. No other gear at all. (Some gold and gemstones)

Comment

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post

Unfortunately, I need to do these runs at TL 80... However, the only thing that ever drops is 3 pieces of gear from Kara. No other gear at all. (Some gold and gemstones)
          I'm with you lmcelhiney . I've made it past T100 with all 4 toons, but in order to farm faster than 8-9 min per trial I need to be at T80 or T90 and I'm not seeing gear drops there above L72. Only set pieces I've seen are Adventurer gear. Also been spending too much time farming greys for GRC lol

Comment

Bbbut,, the leaderboards are full of 75s... you must be doing it wrong, lol

Comment

I'm waiting for the inevitable increase of the drop rates of 75s. Was wondering why I have lost interest in playing this game, since last month, like I used to. Your post made me remember that I hate having to solely rely on heavy rng, and that's probably why. I just always go with my gut feeling without thinking.
              ​​​

Comment

Crafting should be cheaper and the sale price of unwanted gear (i.e. most) half of that cost.
                Right now Eternium is about grinding Morgenheim mindlessly for days, then when you finally get the 200k+ gold needed to craft something, it turns out to be a dud you can only sell for 1.4k.

Then creating, enhancing or nerfing set items should aim to diversify the strategic options. Currently people are forced down a few 8-item set paths and no one can use any of the unique items other than Intergalas.
                Theoretical Modding
                (because tweaking numbers won't be enough)

Comment

Originally posted by ScabbyNuisance View Post
                  Bbbut,, the leaderboards are full of 75s... you must be doing it wrong, lol
                  Yeah, I'm playing without cheating, hacking, botting or running scripts for hours on end.

That's why I started thread under Discussion on what is your best crafted item? Let's see how many legit L75s have been crafted by forum contributors. We know most of the LB leaders don't contribute to forums, except to come on just before ANB to let us know their team will be dominating LBs, again!
                  I say let's see what honest players can make!

Comment

Originally posted by RockDoc View Post

Yeah, I'm playing without cheating, hacking, botting or running scripts for hours on end.

That's why I started thread under Discussion on what is your best crafted item? Let's see how many legit L75s have been crafted by forum contributors. We know most of the LB leaders don't contribute to forums, except to come on just before krogerfeedback ANB to let us know their team will be dominating LBs, again!
                    I say let's see what honest players can make!
                    I've made it past T100 with all 4 toons, but in order to farm faster than 8-9 min per trial I need to be at T80 or T90 and I'm not seeing gear drops there above L72. Only set pieces I've seen are Adventurer gear.

Comment

Honestly I've found that all of my high level drops come from trial 85. I can do runs of 115 at around 3 or 4 min and it rarely pays off with good gear. Try just doing trial 85 is the advice I'd give
                      Arcanist mage: Fabi, TL 143 9:51
                      Regalia mage: Wagstaffer , TL 142 9:26
                      Stalker BH: Nique, TL 111 4:25
                      Defender Warrior: Gutz, TL 123, 7:37

Comment

Originally posted by Chosen View Post
                        It doesn't feel like a proper RPG anymore, there is no loot, the excitement of seeing what you got after that 9.5 minute TL140 run, has turned into a gambling game with Ingrid.
                        Agreed! The game has shifted too far toward "craft to win." I long for the "good old days" when you could reasonably expect to craft a competitive set gear and weapons by grinding trials for random gear drops. The only way to stay competitive now is through crafting the illusive level 75 set gear. I feel like I am trapped in an infinity loop of running the same few high payout story locations over and over again to collect more gold and meaningless gear drops that can be salvaged, then using those materials to (wait for it...) craft more meaningless gear that can then be salvaged. All the while my once competitive heroes have fallen from contenders to pretenders. Really the only fun left in the game are ANB events where gear drops are still relevant (at least through the early levels). Sadly, even the ANB events have turned into "you have to craft to medal" events because the gear boxes are all level 70 epics, while most of the event leaders are all miraculously wearing level 75 gear.

Make Gear Drops Relevant Again!!!

Comment

It's still a not-very-rewarding grind, for sure, but...

...y'all do know that TL100 is the max for gear quality and XP, right?

There's no benefit to grinding >100.

Unless it's been modified recently?
                          VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

• Stusmith50
                            Stusmith50 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thought it was XP that maxed at 100, and gear at 120??

Coda I can think of 1 minor reason to go above T100. T105 is always a snow field, you never get a cavern. That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by RockDoc View Post
                            Coda I can think of 1 minor reason to go above T100. T105 is always a snow field, you never get a cavern. That's it.
                            And, it's always Kara.

Comment

Working...
                            X