Hero's Position on Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hero's Position on Screen

First, I want to apologize if anyone has opened a similar thread already.

My suggestion is to move the hero's position slightly downwards.
    As I play mobile only, I find myself tapping ever so often on character's/enemy's health bars instead of moving in a direction "upwards" on screen... I'll provide a screenshot if necessary, but think you can relate, right?

Also, I think the hero's position has been a little more centered/downwards before some update, does anyone remember?

Thanks a lot for reading, and if you think that would help also, please leave a "+" below.

Originally posted by Wuselbibi View Post

As I play mobile only, I find myself tapping ever so often on character's/enemy's health bars instead of moving in a direction "upwards" on screen... I'll provide a screenshot if necessary, but think you can relate, right?

Also, I think the hero's position has been a little more centered/downwards before some update, does anyone remember?

Thanks a lot for reading, and if you think that would help also, please leave a "+" below.
    Or you tap on the buffs or weaknesses you've inflicted or the apple and potion signs don't work.
    Arcanist mage: Fabi, TL 143 9:51
    Regalia mage: Wagstaffer , TL 142 9:26
    Stalker BH: Nique, TL 111 4:25
    Defender Warrior: Gutz, TL 123, 7:37

Comment

Yes, previously the camera POV was different. When similar comments to this were brought up, I believe that Travis reported that it was changed by the developers on purpose. (It is somewhat painful to keep from hitting all of the hot spots on the screen on mobile.)

Comment

If the hero position was further down on the screen, there would be other issues. Chiefly, fighting groups of enemies which are below you on the screen would be more difficult, because there wouldn't be sufficient space between your hero and the lower edge of the screen.
        BH: Shade
        Mage: Muse
        Warrior: Shade

For a list of guides I've created, click here.

Comment

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post
          Yes, previously the camera POV was different. When similar comments to this were brought up, I believe that Travis reported that it was changed by the developers on purpose. (It is somewhat painful to keep from hitting all of the hot spots on the screen on mobile.)
          Last reported bug on this: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/th...offset-changed - current offset is "as intended", that was before all the notification icons got added...

Original bug during Hometown Beta:
          Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Thanks a lot, obviously I didn't know that the change was intended.

But even if intended, especially hitting the buff/debuff icons is irritating and causes my hero's death many times.
            Also, I'm a somewhat of an "upwards"-player, as I think/feel the range of space you can reach is larger in the upper side of the screen. It has to do with the field of vision and the position of the camera, that makes it more clear visible. I can't think of a better word to describe what I mean. In German I'd say "übersichtlich" or "überschaubar".

Clearly, I would prefer a small adjustment downwards to the current situation.

Comment

I agree with you completely! I play mobile mage on iOS. It’s a nightmare with the screen as crowded as it is. It doesn’t make any sense to move the characters up while also adding graphics on the top of the screen.
              I suggest they either move the character back to center or give us the option to remove some or all of the top graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by Anjaeka View Post

I agree with you completely! I play mobile mage on iOS. It’s a nightmare with the screen as crowded as it is. It doesn’t make any sense to move the characters up while also adding graphics on the top of the screen.
                I suggest they either move the character back to center or give us the option to remove some or all of the top graphics.
                Yeah, I'd just like to see the playing screen cleaned up, simplified so there was more room for those of us with fat fingers to hit empty space so we can navigate to a new area rather than inspect the latest snipe proc.
                FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

Yes there is a ton of visual clutter in-game. And "immersive mode" remove all necessary information. I would love to not have the column of drawing symbols (ty, i think i know them now), plus remove the settings cog bottom left, and the trial stat scroll, leave only the helm (bottom right) (then add on this popup the cog and the scroll), remove the season wings (highly not useful at all in combat) top left, maybe remove the XP yellow bar on bottom and lower the trial progress bar, make effect icons inactive (give access to the effects sheet through the helm), make all icons on the left inactive (on mobile at least, now they are active but only display a "don't do that" message, very useful), maybe keep the potions and portal icon actives, but move the potions icons on the left (now there is room here), so every region of the screen is "drawable" except for some area on bottom left, a tiny strip on bottom center, a small area on bottom right and on top right where the minimap is.
                  Please please do that.

(Edit: and make inactive the network status icon)
                  Last edited by LodWig; 09-07-2019, 08:17 AM.
                  Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
                  Eternium Files

Comment

Here is a mockup, the only active zones are in green rectangles (maybe the network status can be active, I don't see the need of this in combat, but it's so far top-left...)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2566 copy.png
Views:	199
Size:	231.5 KB
ID:	146732

Notes:
                    - clicking the helm give access to the trial stat sheet
                    - health bars can be widened to give more room for effect icons
                    - preferably these icons have fixed position under bars (maybe not possible, especially on a 4:3 or 5:4 aspect ratio device, if too much effects can pile up)
                    - the "you have reached..." message and the bright light just before is distracting, and only useful when levelling to 70 I think, ditto for the XP bar; maybe add a setting for displaying these infos

Original image below

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2566.png
Views:	251
Size:	234.0 KB
ID:	146731
                    Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
                    Eternium Files

Comment

Thanks for contributing to my case LodWig
                      I'd second your suggestions absolutely.
                      Additional, perhaps there's a way to pack extra information into some kind of combat log (I remember the early days of WoW, something similar)?
                      Just like the already implemented battle statistic (which is in my german version called Kampfstatistik, not sure about my translation being correct!)

Still, I've got a strong feeling that Mobile only players would benefit from a sliiightly different positioned hero
                      Last edited by Wuselbibi; 08-22-2019, 08:49 PM. Reason: typo...

Comment

Working...
                      X