Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too bad, a really beautiful and charming game is losing its appeal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too bad, a really beautiful and charming game is losing its appeal.

With concern and decreasing interest in the game, I observe the development of recent times.
    No more leaderboards up to the seasons (the sense and nonsense of this measure has already been discussed in detail).
    For me, this is a blatantly wrong decision, as I cannot access the experience of the professionals, or only have very limited access, and most of the time I don't even know where I stand.

Competition is an essential entertainment factor for my understanding (I don't want to be the first, but I know if and how I've improved or deteriorated)

The evaluation of Season 2 goes into the 5th week.

It is important and necessary to detect the scammers and remove them from the playlists. There is no question about that! But does that have to take more than a month?
    I've been looking forward to the medalsI've earned forweeks, but they're not coming. Then there is also talk to reduce the value of the medals. I hope at least this idea will not be pursued.
    I would also like to leave it at the criticism.

A lot of things simply miss out on the customer interest. And that I am the most important for the entrepreneurial success and the cornerstone of every successful management.

I would be pleased if there would be (customer satisfaction) something positive in this regard.
    But maybe I'm alone?!

Removing scammers is not the major issue in cleaning up season leaderboards.

Each player only receives a single set of rewards for their best performing hero. This means that the developers must identify the best performing hero for each player. This is not a simple task. The best performing hero when the event ends could be a warrior but after removing all the legitimate non-best performing heroes the best performing hero could end up being a mage. Sorting it all out likely requires iterations. The process must be rather time-consuming.

Yes, getting the rewards today is longer than desired or expected. Honestly, three to four weeks to get the season rewards is what is expected. The much simpler result cleanup for ANBs typically takes seven to ten days.

Yes, there are things that Dream Primer can definitely improve upon.

One day more than four weeks? Acceptable and meeting expectations in my book. Pushing it? Yes. Borderline? Yes. Nothing to beat them up over.

Comment

I haven't really played since Season 2.
      Where's the new content?

I'm playing a game that releases a new piece of equipment every week - on average. These are relevant to balancing existing strategies (of about a dozen classes) but not game breaking because the main factor is real-time skill. The "trial" dungeons also change regularly but as long as one is out - players compete in that same exact one. The game doesn't offer significant pay-to-win packages and the new equipment is attainable with a moderate level of effort.

I know Eternium falls into a different category but nothing new was offered for way too long.
      Theoretical Modding
      (because tweaking numbers won't be enough)

Comment

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        Define what you mean by "long"? The game has changed a lot over the past year or so, with a new crafting system, major balancing patch, new daily quest system, upgrading gear to level 75 and now level 77. Feels like a lot of change to me...

Most of the behind the scenes development work is on moving the game to a new platform where additional game options will be available.

Thank you very much Tin Man, now I understand the long period of evaluation better!

My intention was not to portray the game badly. On the contrary, it makes a lot of fun and every criticism is meant absolutely constructively.

I hope that future developments will be in line with the wishes of most players,then we would have won all?

Comment

I can understand Mich much more than you. I came back to this game after a year+. It is really frustrating starting to hunt medals and not knowing if you get some and WHEN. I considered writing to support the day Mich started this post. I mean it wouldnt kill the devs to write inbox mail when to expect the results eg. 4 weeks range.

Tin Man , thx for the info about the best hero score, I was looking for that and couldnt find it. Some dudes with 3 highend chars would be at big advantage if it wasnt so.

Comment

Working...
        X