Unhappy about crafting Bracers of Mastery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unhappy about crafting Bracers of Mastery

I gotta say, I'm not happy that you can't chose which effect is enhanced when you create the bracers. You spend 100 glory to open up the craft, then you have to spend countless materials to finally get the set you want, as you first have to make a bunch of BoMs that don't fit your character. For 100 glory, per character type, you should have the option to select the effect, so that all of your materials are not wasted crafting objects that you can't use.

It's one thing to roll through materials and money as you try to improve a particular piece of gear, but when you have to do that and still don't have gear that essentially matches your build, that really should be changed.
    Last edited by jdh0721; 08-18-2020, 02:36 PM.

The Bracers of Mastery have to be changed. Allow people to choose the effect or give them a way to increase the effect once they’ve spent tons of materials to get the effect they’re after.

Comment

It would be better if they will allow to reforge the effect like reforging one stat in your gear. I would be glad to spend hundreds to thousands of gems, maybe 100 gems is a fair amount rather than farming for materials endlessly that there is no assurance that you'll craft a 77 trash.

Comment

Originally posted by Benedicto View Post
        It would be better if they will allow to reforge the effect like reforging one stat in your gear. I would be glad to spend hundreds to thousands of gems, maybe 100 gems is a fair amount rather than farming for materials endlessly that there is no assurance that you'll craft a 77 trash.
        If it's anything like the current reforge where you can get the same thing multiple times in a row, that will get wildly expensive

Comment

• Benedicto
          Benedicto commented
          Editing a comment
          The effects are of limited numbers — class exclusive skills, unlike of the current reforgeable stats, unless we want to have a perfect %. Furthermore, if they apply the current system, we can have 3 different effects to be chosen, well maybe 2 because you also have a chance to get one same effect..
          Last edited by Benedicto; 08-19-2020, 02:03 AM.

While it would certainly be worth it to me to reforge with gems (I just had to craft 23 BoMs before getting the effect that I wanted), I really think it shouldn't come to that. The reality is that this is the only item that you can craft that you can't determine what you are actually crafting. You don't craft a trinket and hope that it was a Charm of Qol, you actually select the Charm of Qol. You don't craft armor and have the system randomly determine whether you get a helm, pants, or boots, you make that choice. The bracers should be no different. If it's too difficult to allow for that choice as part of the crafting process, then make each Bracer its own individual item (like EVERY other item). Then, change the Glory cost so that each one is 10 Glory to open up. While that's not particularly fair and useful for those of us who've already spent 100 Glory to open up all of the options, it certainly makes sense going forward.

Comment

These bracers, rather than branch out new alternatives, build into and at the same time devalue existing strategies.
          So, before, most mages were ELR.
          Now, it's still ELR but to be competitive you need a specific belt and a specific bracer (not just any belt or any bracer) and if you don't have them you are just not competitive. So nothing new was invented, just more items to chase after ($$$) just to stay the same.
          . . .which is a pity because you could still have players running after stuff in the form of new strategies (like the new sets, but could also be new weapons that change the way existing sets can be played or other niche items like the fire lily).

Back to the bracers themselves, look at the ANB boards: top mages usually got themlves the frostbeam bracer, if possible at lvl 77, celestial. . .
          You don't get that from random drops, you know?
          . . .a lot of luck in crafting and/or a lot of money put into forcing that luck.
          It brings the game closer and closer to gambling.
          Not good. . .

It feels like too much of a greedy "business model" is engineered into the game, whereas the only "business model" here should be to provide a quality experience that'd keep players coming back to.
          Last edited by CarnivorousDeathParrot.2; 08-19-2020, 02:26 PM.
          Theoretical Modding
          (because tweaking numbers won't be enough)

Comment

Thus far this is why I have not unlocked any bracer yet and still currently only play BH due to being able to be competitive without a master bracer. Knowing how many mats it has cost me just for the new items, I can not justify the colossal spend for bracer. Going through 5k worth of mithril and over 100mil gold was not fun.

Comment

Working...
            X