Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleepy Dragon
    commented on 's reply
    If you didn't say it, that means my post is not for you. why are you being so salty about it? LOL..

I really dont care if the ads are removed are not, dont mean a thing to me. I just find it funny that some are glad that it was removed because they didnt get it. When obviously a lot of players benefit from it. If you didnt say it then i am not talking about you.

• TheExorcist
    replied
    i'm sayin' on my behalf only!!
    i'm a pc player
    no ads for me
    i work hard for my own benefit (sometime 3 Goldly characters runnin together the 5 star SM gems etc - like right now)
    i'm not complaining or anythin
    i just enjoy what i'm doin
    thank you

Leave a comment:

• Nhat
    commented on 's reply
    Just one minor point of clarification: ads were not available on PC

Yeah, I know PC have other advantages, but that's 1/4 of the supported platforms, or 1/3 if you count Amazon with Android... so "available to the masses" is also incorrect... hmm, this will probably drop off all those running emulators for Gems... no point now...

Will just wait and see what gets added... like with everything else...
    Last edited by Nhat; 09-14-2020, 09:54 AM.

• LodWig
    commented on 's reply
    When you think of your interest ahead of the common interest of others (majority that is), that is selfish.
    I prefer a solution that benefits to all than one that benefit only a majority (which is not even the case here I would wager). Especially when I am, conveniently, in this "majority".

• Sleepy Dragon
    replied
    Originally posted by BAgate View Post

So wanting a level playing field is selfish? I think you need to rethink that...
    Nope, it is selfish. The ads benefit the masses, so if some people didnt get it because of bugs,it is not the other players fault. Is this simple reasoning is unacceptable to you?

When you think of your interest ahead of the common interest of others (majority that is), that is selfish.

Not that this discussion is important anymore since the ads are removed already. LOL..

Leave a comment:

• LodWig
    commented on 's reply
    You misread. I'm not "happy", I just say that it's been this for a while now for a lot of players (basically all non-android users). And that even without this source of gems, I still have enough to reach my goals. You can too.

Also, being content with the previous situation is selfish. And don't say "everyone can use at least an android emulator for the ads", you never know. At least now it's fair for everyone. And if removing ads is compensated by another gem source, everyone gains. See? Not selfish.

• BAgate
    replied
    Originally posted by Sleepy Dragon View Post
    It's funny that some people glad with the ad removing because "they don't get the ad boxes". That is a very selfish reason, lol..
    So wanting a level playing field is selfish? I think you need to rethink that...

Leave a comment:

• LodWig
    commented on 's reply
    Indeed someone have more than 100K.
    (Edit: I just asked him, he has 161K gems.)
    Last edited by LodWig; 09-14-2020, 08:12 AM.

• Sleepy Dragon
    replied
    It's funny that some people glad with the ad removing because "they don't get the ad boxes". That is a very selfish reason, lol..

Leave a comment:

• Benedicto
    commented on 's reply
    Nice to see you still have that much gems until now. Now wondering if somebody has more than a hundred thousand, he/she has an impressive gem management..

• Scintillant
    replied
    Seems like these were about the only benefit given to those of us on mobile. So yet another gift to the PC players. Maybe I'm just grumpy.

Leave a comment:

• Tattersail
    commented on 's reply
    Seriously? Half of the ads that I got were for low quality chinese garbage or super click baity. There were even a few that ran when they hadn't finished translating. Personally I wont miss seeing the same 6 ads over and over. I'd stopped watching for the most part, 30 seconds was way too long that it really disrupted the experience and wasnt worth it.

• Travis | Support Mgr.
    commented on 's reply
    There have been three separate threads regarding the removal of ads. I've merged them all into one thread. The OP states that the game is no longer F2P because ads have been removed and the rest of the posts in the thread follow that topic (feedback about ads being removed).

• LodWig
    replied
    Ok, I'm totally confused by the topic merge. Just saw your screenshot Benedicto, here is mine:

Click image for larger version  Name:	5CBBECD3-D132-4DFB-A171-4B0996B22F64.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	7.9 KB ID:	180981

This is now, after months of dysfunctional ads on iOS.
    Last edited by LodWig; 09-13-2020, 07:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LodWig
    commented on 's reply
    Apologies, I didn't intend to derail this topic with a debate about whether Eternium is p2w. If you start a different thread about that I'll gladly contribute my thoughts.
    I reacted to the title and substance of the OP, not on anything you wrote.

But make no mistake that many players relied on them to be able to enjoy other aspects of the game, such as ANB, and will leave without a suitable replacement.
    I offered my own experience, perhaps presumptuously, to show that even without ads you can earn "enough" free gems, granted if you accept not to be on top of each and every LBs. To "win" is in the eye of the beholder, I'm happy to best myself, and also not be too far away, of course.

And that doesn't make them bad players who didn't listen to good advice on discord or work hard enough.
    Not bad, just maybe a bit lazy or impatient. Not throwing stones to anybody here. Again, I'm not on top, and it took me two years to get there. Spending gems is a way to cut some time, and effort. In my first ANBs I spent a lot of gems for mild to bad results. When ads ceased functioning (on iOS), I had to adapt, and for the better I think. I do believe, perhaps falsely, that many people would like to have a lot of free gems because they don't want to put more effort in using them wisely. Just throwing gems at the problem, if you want. Also, I made tremendous progress after discovering the Discord on the game. Perhaps my sentence could be seen as patronizing or something, I do apologize for that, English is not my mother tongue. But I wanted to say to unaware players (in a way to my former me) that there is a huge source of progress on that Discord, which can more than compensate the reduction of gem flow.
    Last edited by LodWig; 09-13-2020, 06:21 PM.
Working...
X