UI feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UI feedback

UI on iPad (and I guess any device with same aspect ratio), situation today:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled 16.png Views:	51 Size:	362.1 KB ID:	190134

Some comments, in random order, not all pertaining only to this device aspect ratio:
    1. I can't see the current Combat stats because the icon is behind the Bowl of Mushroom Stew icon. Notice the Season icon, which is totally useless, but helps push down the other icons.
    2. I can't see by how much I'm ahead of time for completing the Trial.
    3. I can't see the XP I have into the current Champion Level.
    4. I can't see the time of day, or the battery level, or any system information.
    5. I can't see how many stacks of Molten Belt is on the attacked foe.
    6. I can't see the health remaining on the attacked foe.
    7. I can't see the Effects Descriptions on the attacked foe because I can't tap his portrait which is under the mini-map.
    8. I can't tap on the Health Potion icon, again because it is behind the Bowl of Mushroom Stew icon.
    9. The horizontal field of view is narrow, I often have to keep the mob on the edge of the screen in order to keep a safe (social) distance. Trying to attack them often results in a popup asking me to draw signs (left edge) or what the food effect is (right edge). The latter, with a bubble taking a not so small portion of the already scarce real estate. Both information are totally useless.
    I'm well aware some of these defects are of less consequences than others, even for me, but they are still annoying at best.

You can see a proposal for a better UI here.
    Last edited by LodWig; 01-15-2021, 10:07 PM.
    Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
    Eternium Files

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled 19.png
Views:	332
Size:	326.4 KB
ID:	190140
    1. I can't change the settings.
    2. I can't escape except by killing the game or by removing my companions then casting Smoke Screen and a Portal.
    Last edited by LodWig; 01-14-2021, 07:20 PM.
    Eternium Files

Comment

I can't access at the same time the stash, the inventory, and the equipment. This lengthen the changing of builds.
      Last edited by LodWig; 01-14-2021, 07:31 PM.
      Eternium Files

Comment

• Stusmith50
        Stusmith50 commented
        Editing a comment
        And gemstone changes

• Travis | Support Mgr.
        Travis | Support Mgr. commented
        Editing a comment
        This will be fixed with the Armory (wardrobe) feature.

• LodWig
        LodWig commented
        Editing a comment
        Not exactly. If I understand how the Wardrobe will work, it will allow for fast swapping of preset builds. What we had before the UI change was the possibility to adjust a build just a bit, for example as Stusmith50 pointed up, just change a gemstone for a quick experiment. The old UI was better in this respect, and the new UI gives nothing in exchange, as the space gained by not giving access simultaneously to the equipment and the inventory (when looking at the stash) is taken by the "Switch to Hero/Inventory" button.

I am sorry I have to say this is very bad UI design.
        Last edited by LodWig; 02-26-2021, 10:28 PM.

1. If I want to show the Details Hero's Attributes, I need two screenshots, although all the information given could easily fit on one.
      2. The "close" icon and the "+ gold" icons are too close, it's easy to tap one instead of the other.
      Last edited by LodWig; 01-14-2021, 07:34 PM.
      Eternium Files

Comment

Reserved, part 4
        Eternium Files

Comment

Working...
        X