Suggestions for ANBs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for ANBs

After reading through posts about others' experiences with ANBs and the way they climb up the leaderboard, I can see that the current setup heavily(!!!) favors RICH players (and who play on PC). all you have to do is: - doing the first to few story episodes, buying legendary crates and boosters, buying gold, buying companions, buying skill upgrades, and then going to trials with the best possible, fully socketed gears. If one can reach lvl70 in 8 minutes - sorry the game is broken!

With this setup, new players with limited amount of gems have (almost) no chance of cracking the top 100. And the consequence that I can see is that there are fewer and fewer players playing the game as the gap to reach the top is getting wider and wider.

So to make future ANB events more interesting (FUN! isn't that our focus?!), balanced, and requires more focus on strategy, time & gold management, (and luck), I would suggest a simple solution:
    - Please limit the amount of gems that players can bring from their Regular play to ANBs ! For example: a maximum of 2000-3000 gems can be brought to ANBs. Players can still buy 1 legendary crate and 200% exp booster right away. But they will have to balance that with other needs, like farming gems for buying companions and/or at least finish the story normal mode for future daily quests. Or buying gems bonus pack during an anb.

For gold ANBs, it is possible to reset the hero crafting mastery level to 0 as well. (I believe this suggestion is not new). Again this levels the playing field in ANBs as we'll need millions of gold and crafting materials
    to max it out.

Thank you for your consideration.

Disclosure: I can comfortably reach trial 130 in ANB nowadays, but the fondest memory with the game is the beginning, when you struggled with not having any resources
    ​​​​​​

"the fondest memory with the game is the beginning, when you struggled with not having any resources"

I feel that you are somewhat unique in that feeling. Not just for this game, but part of the enjoyment of many RPG's is having developed a character beyond those initial struggles.

"For gold ANBs, it is possible to reset the hero crafting mastery level to 0 as well."

I can not think of a single suggestion which would irritate more people. It would make the braying and hollering over the recent Windows UI sound like a beautiful chorus. You seem to be advocating for LESS people to be playing - for LESS people to be developing their characters and farming.

"new players with limited amount of gems have (almost) no chance of cracking the top 100."

I don't know any activity where experienced participants don't have an advantage over new / uninitiated participants.

Disclosure: I still have yet to reach TL130 in an ANB, but ... I am working at it, and having to start over from effectively ZERO (which seems what you are basically advocating) does not appeal to me.

... KTB

Comment

• LodWig
      LodWig commented
      Editing a comment
      the fondest memory with the game is the beginning, when you struggled with not having any resources
      It's easy to get back to this so enjoyable moments: just delete the account and start a fresh one.

Teebs:
    I'm talking about changes to ANBs only.
    ​​​​​Sorry (and happy!) for you that you still need to find a way to crack tl130? It's already established and shared in this forum.
    Right now the winning strategy is settled, you'll top the board if you have gems. Everything's repetitions. How can it be ANB and how is it fun?

Now if the playing field is leveled (as the name Anb suggests) and you happen to figure out the new way to get into the leaderboard. What will you feel?

Leveling up crafting mastery is not tedious as you think. It's a minor suggestion, btw, the main one is gem usage limitation.
    Memories are like that. You remember your firsts, but not the n-th time.

The number of players leaving is ... a lot (I just look at the numbers of players partipating in recent anb events - the development team knows better). And the developers needs to find ways to generate interests (and revenue stream).
    The thing is, the effect of this proposal can be checked very simply with a "trial" . How many anbs do we have a year?

Comment

• Romme
      Romme commented
      Editing a comment
      So wait you want everyone to start at crafting master 0 so they have a 0% chance to craft higher than a lvl71 item until they level crafting mastery past 25, which is very tedious and would take up a lot of unnecessary time...

Actually you won't top the board unless you have a great deal of playing skill, while there are whales who regularly spend large amounts of gems to be somewhere among those at the top, there are also the better players who without the large gem stash regularly end up very high and even atop the lb (Arin,Romme,Bo,Splendor,Lodwig,Umbradei,Cereblon,T in Man) just to name a few..
    Last edited by papa jim; 07-17-2021, 02:54 PM.

Comment

You are lacking of something — patience. A six-year-old kid cannot fly an aircraft or do a surgery if he just think he want to ba a pilot or a doctor right on the spot. In reality, a player cannot compete in the LB if he knew this game just yesterday. Almost every game is like that. Of course the perks/benefits/advantage of top players like crafting mastery, gems, skill, medals and the play style that fits for you can be achieved by patience, practice and perseverance. Just learn how to be patient first before complaining.

Originally posted by Blingblingchaching View Post
      After reading through posts about others' experiences with ANBs and the way they climb up the leaderboard, I can see that the current setup heavily(!!!) favors RICH players (and who play on PC).
      Are you sure about that? Some players do not spend real cash for months and just mobile players can still secure their spot in the top 50 of every ANB.
      How? It is still because of PATIENCE.

Last edited by Benedicto; 07-17-2021, 01:59 AM.

Comment

• Turgeon
        Turgeon commented
        Editing a comment
        Seconded. Im myself not a paid player its my third year of playing and ive only bought 1 season pass and the extra storage and i can finish in topp 100 eazily could crack top 50 if i had more time to play.

With all due respect ... I don't understand your suggestion.
      You complain that AnB favors rich players. Then asked to limit gems in these events.

Or buying gems bonus pack during an anb.
      Isn't that going to benefit rich players anyway?

Personally, I have absolutely no interest in leveling a crafting mastery to level 50 over and over again ... would make gold too boring. It would also destroy the point of playing these events for many players (less chance for level 77 items unless you hit level 50 crafting).
      Last edited by Grand_Wazoo; 07-17-2021, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Papa_jim: I laughed at your list of skilled and oh not so rich players. Can you show the amount of gems they have and how much they spent for the last few anbs?
        ​​​​​​ Benedicto: Prove my points wrong, don't try personal attack or give lecture 'cause you don't know anything about my playing skills. What you wrote brought absolutely nothing to the discussion.

grand_wazoo:
        Like I said, resetting cm is just a side suggestion for gold events to make these hardest challenges more balanced to everyone. If you studied the leaderboard last gold anb, you'd see the top 25 or so have their gears at 76-77 lvl, socketed and enchanted. Some posted pictures they reached lvl70 within 9 mins. That's not skills.
        I don't have problems if crafting mastery is kept for anbs if it's too tedious or painful to the majority of players. But to me an anb (a new beginning?!) should be like that, a new slate on everything gold, materials, skills, so why not cm and/or gems?
        Now to my point you struggle to understand. With the limitation of gems carrying over from regular account, us players need to think seriously more on how to play, and rich players will have to fork out money to the devs for some value packs if they really want those medals. A win-win for both sides.

When I started playing, there were nearly 50k players joining an anb event on 3 leaderboards. I'll let you count the number this time. One quits a game when it becomes repetitive, and that has become true to Eternium current format.

Comment

• Stusmith50
          Stusmith50 commented
          Editing a comment
          How do you propose the Developer stays in business, after you remove a major income stream?

• Blingblingchaching
          Blingblingchaching commented
          Editing a comment
          Stusmith50: on the contrary that exactly how devs can stay in business. Logwig's detailed table said it all. For gold (and some silver) anbs in order to be in top 25 or so he had used an amount of gems that devs are selling for $50 (their Titan's chest value pack). With the current setup they got none of it from him.

• Stusmith50
          Stusmith50 commented
          Editing a comment
          Bling bling, is your proposal therefore to make the game pay to win??? Instead of farming for those gems and making small payments for small amounts of gems, you think he should buy them? I thought you originally complained that the game favoured rich players?? You've switched your argument around 180 degrees, saying we need players to be stopped from farming gems and buy them instead?
          I think you need to learn a bit more about the game, it's a very simple game on the surface, but requires some deeper understanding to progress. This community will help you with that, even if you do stroke their fur the wring way sometimes!

Lol. If you take my opinion as a personal attack, then let it be. All I'm saying is, will new players again and again can enjoy playing in every gold ANB if the crafting mastery level is reset? I guess there is a contradiction for what you are complaining and what is your suggestion. And another thing, I almost dropped my phone in laughter when you said that the game was broken when some players can clear level 70 within 8 minutes. That was so hilarious, sorry.

Comment

Benedicto - Did you ever learn how to make arguments properly? You again brought nothing of value to the discussion this time.
          Old, self proclaimed skilled players can enjoy playing "again n again" anbs with no gold no materials, but if with little/no gems and/or cm is reset then you all cry foul. know why? Because that "anb with no gold no materials" statement is fake. Gems can buy gold and materials, and everything at the start. If you are truly skilled then you shouldn't be afraid of anything, especially those challenges that require critical thinking.
          I was hopeful devs would think of ways to stop the decline of this game by attracting and retaining more new players. Stopping Anb events from being a repetitive competition of flushing gems rather than employing skills and strategies is my suggestion. Make it true to its name. Let's wait for a reply from the dev team.

Comment

• Stusmith50
            Stusmith50 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry blingbling, but you sound like someone with little knowledge of the game who wants the rewards handed to them on a plate. Benedictos statement of playing ANB with 500 gems or less us not fake, it's a common practice for Bronze ANB.

Yes, there may be better ways to make ANB more enjoyable, and many if us wish the Devs would take a different track, but you suggestions would fail financially. Do you really believe there are many players paying $200+ a month to play?

Blingblingchaching, I don't know where your statements are coming from when you say players can't compete on a small gem budget. Many players place quite highly with very few gems spent (myself included), and they do so precisely by having skill, the very thing you claim they don't have, and by having knowledge (like the knowledge to craft uncommon exp gear every 5-10 levels, and use an exp booster while leveling to 70 or knowing that turning in daily quests on your anb character can boost your exp without using any of your event timer). One big area where gameplay skill comes into play is being able to clear trials quickly and efficiently. If I'm clearing trials in 30-45 seconds on my way to level 70 and you are taking 2-3 minutes (for example), my time to 70 will obviously be much faster, and if I'm farming exp and materials on trial 105 in 60-70 seconds and you are farming trial 80 in 1:30-2 minutes, my cls and materials for crafting will also accumulate much faster. As a player who likes to use exp/eg gear while farming trials, completing trials quickly also nets me a lot of gold, which means I can do a lot more crafting than less efficient players and therefore end up with higher level gear.
          As a final note, I've been playing this game for less than a year, I was able to place highly in anbs before collecting many medals and with few gems spent. The most gems I've ever spent on an anb was 7k, many I've completed spending around 2k (or less) and in total I've spent $30 of real money (on 2 season passes and 2 100 gem/day packages). I think it's an easy excuse to pretend that only the older/richer players can have success in this game, but it simply isn't true. The biggest factors truly are skill, knowledge, and desire to learn/improve. As others have mentioned, the biggest whales are seldom at the top of the lb, and really the only unfair thing I'm aware of is that certain unscrupulous players try to gain an unfair advantage by hacking/exploiting and, sadly, often get away with it. That is truly the biggest obstacle in the way of having a fair competition.
          Last edited by Splendor; 07-18-2021, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Blingblingchaching
            Editing a comment
            Then you also should have no problems with my proposal of limiting amount of gems one can carry over to anb. Devs are selling 1.5k gem & a legend crate for $30 for anbs, but they didn't get that from your 7k spending.

About Gem spendings:

1) You seem to conflate Gem spending with money spending. In 3+ years of playing this game I spent less than 50€, for four season passes (including the current one) and the second stash. So you can say I've bought 30K Gems amongst the 59492 I have right now. I've spent 129K Gems in ANBs since silver #2, so my guess is I've earned a total of 160K to 190K, season bank Gems not included.

2) Two of the skills you learn are how to earn Gems efficiently and spend them wisely. It's obvious a very new player with not much knowledge about how to play, given an unlimited amount of Gems, won't be able to go high on the leaderboards. Case in point: players with crazy high amount of Gems, and crazy good gear (all perfect 77s, sometimes all Celestials) unable to reach high Trial levels, because they never learned how to play.

3) Your proposal of limiting the amount of Gems carried from the main account will only favour the money spenders, effectively making the ANB a pay to win event, because the play time is fixed during a league. That would certainly make a lot of players stop playing these events.

4) The limit of 2000-3000 Gems you propose will not help new players, at least in their first month or so, unless they spend money for gems before the event starts.

5) I've been named in a comment above, and you were curious about Gem spendings, so here is a table:

Click image for larger version  Name:	ANB ranks and spendings.png Views:	158 Size:	91.0 KB ID:	200212

(Aside: the player base is for Hunters. I guess the incorrect number you reported is for Season leaderboards.)

About Mastery Level:

1) Raising the Mastery Level to 50 is the most stupidly tedious activity in this game. If the ML is reset for each league, all players will all engage in the same activities to raise it to 50, especially newcomers, because getting one or two 77s is a goal all by itself, and it helps a lot in reaching high ranks. It will become just another obligatory and boring part of playing the league, like going to The Severed Mountain to farm gold. And experienced players will be advantaged because they'll do it fast and efficiently, also maybe some will stop before ML 50 because they don't need 77s for their main hero.

2) The first advice given to newbies is to raise the ML to 50, so at worse in the current situation a new player will only be disadvantaged for one league. So your proposal will I think serves nothing in the not even long run for them, and only annoy players who already got the ML 50, which again can be done in the first week of playing.

TL;DR:

Your two proposals will only favour paying players, and will not help new players at all.
          Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
          Eternium Files

Comment

• Blingblingchaching
            Editing a comment
            Gosh thanks again for your table. It's truly gold. Now if other vets have kept a similar table!!!

• LodWig
            LodWig commented
            Editing a comment
            1) Thank you!
            2) It shows sometimes it's good to read what vets are writing... :troll:
            3) You can do the same data collection, no need to be a vet

Originally posted by Benedicto View Post
          Just learn how to be patient first before complaining.
          Originally posted by Splendor View Post
          I think it's an easy excuse to pretend that only the older/richer players can have success in this game, but it simply isn't true. The biggest factors truly are skill, knowledge, and desire to learn/improve.
          Originally posted by Stusmith50 View Post
          Sorry blingbling, but you sound like someone with little knowledge of the game who wants the rewards handed to them on a plate.
          I fully agree.
          Last edited by LodWig; 07-18-2021, 12:05 PM.
          Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
          Eternium Files

Comment

I got to place 92 last season mage leaderboard and higher in the several anbs. I play on a crappy tablet and am not very good with my fingers at all. I spent 20£ on two Season passes by then and play casually, not investing a lot of time into it. I note that my endgame push gear was the same as the players who broke into the 30s. My hero is fully CTed and enchanted, all her items are 77, the jewelry is off by one or two points from being perfect, some orbs have been used, the weapons damage is perfect, too, the stats are balanced. So, after two seasons my hero had EVERYTHING that the champions have. 20£ is not much for a good game.

Oh, and I can raise an anb mage or warrior to 70 in less than 20 minutes by spending just enough to unlock the hero, a 200% booster and by using a tiny bit of a single 2500 legendary crate (most of it is used afterwards).

Let's review. Every day you receive:
            1. 10-11 gems on average daily just for logging in and checking the calendar
            2. 100 gems for daily quests
            3. Some 5-20 gems by drops from the mobs and for the story maps repeating, that's while you do dailies
            4. 1000 free gems every season so about 12 per season day.

So each day you get 130 or so gems just for logging in and doing the dailies! That's literally 6-7 minutes max! If that's not generous, try to find a game that gives more vital resources free like that! 10£ gives you 9000 more gems per season, and many people opt to buy a 100 gems/day for a month. That's pocket money in the first world and there are some price correction for other countries, so it is cheaper for them in absolute value.

So what exactly are you talking about? Are there whales at the top? Of course! That's called commerce and guess what, that's life.

Regarding your suggestion about ML. I am literally speechless.
            Last edited by Arhi; 07-18-2021, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• Blingblingchaching
              Editing a comment
              You said 3 things: same top gears, but playing on a crappy tablet with crappy fingers makes you barely crack the top 100 instead of top 25-50. so it supports the claim that PC players hold a big advantage - everyone here knows that. 2: your 20' brag to each 70 in anbs with ~3k gem spent upfront ( after 2 years of playing) is mediocre at best. 3. In 9 days of an anb (let's say a gold lasting 360' one can get ~1.5k gems free from the system). So your points are???

• LodWig
              LodWig commented
              Editing a comment
              each 70 in anbs with ~3k gem spent upfront
              I can't speak for her as I played only Hunters, but for this class the only materials from a legendary crate that is used to get to 70 is the Mithril (for epic unique trinkets), which is contained in a crate costing 200 gems. That is what was meant by "a tiny bit of a legendary crate". So, full unlock, one 200% booster, one Master Crafter's Crate, total 1945 gems. Only 1045 if not buying the third cooking slot.

after 2 years of playing
              Two seasons. Less than 8 months.

is mediocre at best
              I challenge you to do better.

let's say a gold lasting 360'
              As gems can be earned with the out-of-event heroes, the playtime available is irrelevant. Also, lately most leagues lasts 10 days. That's enough to easily earn north of 2K gems. Way more if 5-starring.

I'm sorry but the more you write the more I'm convinced your knowledge of the game is mediocre at best.
              Last edited by LodWig; 07-19-2021, 08:49 AM.

Lodwig: you are a pro! Truly admire your bookkeepings of each of your events! And your table is full of valuable information.

First it clearly shows that the number of active players is falling rather quickly. And with ~10k players in 3 classes (assuming generously 5% pay a bit to play each season like you) the revenue is fast approaching a critical level (barely enough to keep the game up).
            Secondly the amount of gems spent for silver and gold anbs is equivalent to $50-80 value packs that the devs are offering during the events. So essentially you are a whale that devs gets no money from. New (skilled) players have no chance to compete against you unless they pay to catch up. I think very very few are buying those value packs (low tens? devs correct me if I'm wrong) , but if one does, should the devs cater a bit to help him/her against the medal laden vets?

now about CM leveling that everyone is fuming about: the fix is very simple if devs adds a feature (a scale) to allow for making multiple same items (up to the maximum number of available slots) at a time. With 48 slots unlocked, that can speed things up by at least 2 orders of magnitude. But I get it, it will cost more and mess up people calculations to reach level 50. Yes many will have to settle for lower ML due to gold/material constraints. That's why I only suggest this for gold anbs - supposed to be the hardest challenge. Let's your skills shine.

Comment

• LodWig
              LodWig commented
              Editing a comment
              First it clearly shows that the number of active players is falling rather quickly.
              That's not the number of players, that's the number of entries in the Bounty Hunter leaderboard for the event. I've managed to get the total number of entries across the nine leaderboards (three leagues, three classes) for all past ANBs:

1 27472
              2 28283
              3 44396
              4 34097
              5 30334
              6 32821
              7 43463
              8 37592
              9 33956
              10 32619

I don't see anything alarming here.

So essentially you are a whale that devs gets no money from.
              Oh that's a good one!

New (skilled) players have no chance to compete against you unless they pay to catch up.
              They just need to be as patient and obstinate as I was when I begun. See how I learned to rank higher while spending less gems in bronze leagues. In latest events I chose to spend more for comfort, I'm confident (over-confident?) I could have ranked only slightly lower with one or two less legendary crates.

if one does, should the devs cater a bit to help him/her
              Are you asking for more pay-to-win?

against the medal laden vets
              Now that's another topic entirely. Do you think my medals are the reason why I can do top 25 in bronze with less than 500 gems? If so, don't you think only twice or thrice that gem amount would compensate for the medals? (Hint: gems can be used to socket gear and buy gemstones, one Power brilliant is worth the six first Glory medals, two are worth the 25 first.) Medals are overrated, and as somebody said a while ago: players don't rank high because they have medals, they have medals because they rank high.

Let's your skills shine.
              Exactly which skills are needed here?
              Last edited by LodWig; 07-19-2021, 08:47 AM.

• Travis | Support Mgr.
              Travis | Support Mgr. commented
              Editing a comment
              (low tens? devs correct me if I'm wrong)
              You're way wrong.

Tin Man: The time for 70 will vary from one player to another because their medals (bonuses) are different. Only when you try without medals or a certain number of medals then it can be considered a "standard". Same thing for "good" time to clear a TL (like Romme did 105 in 3x sec) or your spending only 3hrs in gold anb to clear ~tl140 (guaranteed a spot in top 100 nowadays). I think you can change the title but can't take the medals off.

I'm not concerned at all with all these fire from old vets, because certainly the suggestions is not advantageous to them. Giving up that position of power is never easy. I'm glad that at least you agree that the game is grindy and repetitive. The difference is "what we do about it". I propose changes while you look for "rabbit holes" in order to go back to the game.

And hat off to you for having spent 200 on an anb event. It's never worth that much to me. You are the rare species that free to play devs must cater to if they want to prolong the game's life.

Finally, I respect your opinions although ours are opposite. If we can agree to disagree (instead of name callings), that's better than most Americans nowadays, you know that !?

Comment

• LodWig
              LodWig commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm not concerned at all with all these fire from old vets, because certainly the suggestions is not advantageous to them.
              On the contrary. Your suggestions would help old vets (like me), especially if they have some medals. They would help whales (the true kind, money-spenders) a lot more though.

You dismiss all the back-fire are being from old vets, because you are unable to defend properly your propositions. Please offer counter-arguments (or better ones) to all that was said against.

But on the health of all players index fingers' side, I also think the crafting system could have a little easy fix.
              Simpler: change the entire mechanism of gaining ML, or lower the crafting cost. Certainly not ask for it to be done and done again. That's a silly activity requiring no skills at all.
          Working...
          X