This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you change?

If you could change THREE things about Eternium, what would they be and why?

Let's please keep this thread clean, so the feedback is easy to process. Use the "comment" feature whenever possible to keep side conversations in line.

1 - Revert the alacrity nerf and eliminate the global cooldown. I want to use my abilities, not just basic attacks. Using abilities makes the game fun to play. Why on earth restrict that

2 - Make drops useful. Presently, drops are only good for salvaging. 1/2 the stats are useless. Make some percentage of drops actually usable, even desirable

3 - Provide a viable way to farm gems. No solution has been provided ever since the ad boxes were discontinued. Please provide a way to farm the in-game currency

Edit:

Adding to this post after competing on the LB for the first time in several years. Pushing trials with the current AR/Alacrity settings makes what Jose Sarmento pointed out in his post blatantly obvious. 3000 AR and 7 HPS is still not enough to make the game playable. Procs go to complete waste because abilities are still on cooldown. I'm baffled as to why this wasn't immediately corrected. This game has been broken since 1.5.22
    Last edited by Arawn; 03-26-2023, 03:37 PM.
    DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

Comment

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 on making drops meaningful again.

• Swamp Donkey
      Swamp Donkey commented
      Editing a comment
      +2 on drops.

Personally, I like the current setup just without bugs & glitches. Ex. Fixing armory Bugs

The following are my personal preference
    1. Additional maps & Bosses
    2. Ragadam should exist
    3. Additional hero classes
    4. Multiple Dungeons for levelling
    5. Additional useful items

I don't expect too much, just fix everything. Its very frustrating when those bugs & glitches happen during max trial push.

Btw Sir, thanks for asking our opinion.

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
      Travis | Support Mgr. commented
      Editing a comment
      Can I assume that these are prioritized?

• Sean Corlew
      Sean Corlew commented
      Editing a comment
      sounds like an expansion this feller wants

More stuff with set items to play with would be nice, perhaps some mixed set bonuses? And obviously just more sets in general.

Some additional variaty for Trial maps would be nice too, especially in terms of enemy selection; swamps crawling with Murtlocks, Levania type environments with attendant Levans, mechanicals in ruined cities, Azrack on every Elban map so we have a little ruddy warning, adding in other bosses to the rota (Gorlak, for example, or the Xenodon Giant) just stuff to add a little more variaty to the experience.

Not having recipes for items you can't even use cluttering up the gold rota would also be nice, but that's more a new player thing; at least some control over color (even just being able toinvert the things would be great) so it's easier to avoid looking colorblind, uh.

More Gemstones maybe? For the other effects that don't actually have them. Some way of getting better jewelry more reliably ala the Crafting skills, uh. Maybe some events that award cosmetic stuff?

I mean other than just "Act V has Ragadam at the end so we get to punch him in the face" and "more dungeons/content in general," which I think everyone already agrees on at least in principle.

Oh!

Oh right!

For the love of doG, companion equipment. Currently the Companions are pretty consistently way, way worse than you are even accounting for their lower level most of the time, but I've noticed that, say, the Warrior type basically has no real way to actually keep hostile attention even with their special abilities, for example, simply because their damage output is so low compared to the player that they can't keep the AI's attention.

Comment

• Sean Corlew
      Sean Corlew commented
      Editing a comment
      i like the gemstones idea +1 on that matie

These are my purely selfish requests, I have many more than these but my top 3 are:-

1. Fix the glow effect on Mage staff.
    Broken in the update of January 2020. The issue is that the part of the glow effect that should be attached to the top of the staff became detached and floats some distance away. When running around this causes an extremely distracting ball of light to bounce about like a ball in front of your character. It's so annoying I don't use glow effects on my Mage except the Fire effect where the problem is less obvious. Reason for it being my number one choice? Glow effects are purchased with cosmetic points, certain special effects could only be obtained by paying real currency back then. Paid for content that got broken and bug reports from Beta and Live deemed too low a priority to be scheduled a fix. It's the reason I stopped purchasing Season Passes or Monthly Gems to support the game. Fix this and you will have someone ready to support the game one more.

2. Enemy movement speed needs a rework.
    Up until version 1.5.18 all enemies moved at the same speed. This was changed so some moved faster (a lot faster) and some crawl embarrassingly slowly, all the more painful when the elite monster is named 'Fast whatever' and barely manages to limp along. The changes were made to make the game harder. Alas it did not achieve this aim, it made it more annoying. High end Trials require shopping around for maps with an optimal assortment of enemies. This change merely made many more maps fall into the abandon category. I don't believe reverting to 1.5.18 speeds is the answer though, power creep since then would make it too easy. I'd like to see enemy speeds re-balanced. The slowest enemies need a significant movement speed boost, and the fastest need slowing down a little. A fast charger paired with an accelerator mob - impossible to react and avoid!

3. Stormcaller Regalia rework.
    This is a good set of Mage armour and has potential to compete with the ELR meta, however even with the last attempt at addressing some of the issues around performance, this set still suffers from causing catastrophic lag. Optimising how it's attacks operate, removing the clouds of messages that can appear, and improving it's single target capabilities would make this set an excellent alternative to ELR.

That's all for now, thank you for asking

Comment

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 on enemy movement. It makes it harder to pull mobs.

• Skyla
      Skyla commented
      Editing a comment
      Enemy movement for sure!! Gotta be the most frustrating thing to have some of them almost faster than you are, and then you give them a slow effect aura.. it's maddening.

• Suiyoubinoko
      Suiyoubinoko commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 on the movement speed issue. Even if you don't want them to all move at the same speed, at least shorten the range between the fastest and slowest.

I'll assume "bug and feature backlog" fixes, FAR TOO MANY to mention here, will be separate ongoing concerns to be addressed separately as mentioned by John Welch | CEO in his Announcment New Beginnings for Eternium.

So here's my top three "changes":

1. Time for a rebalancing (NO nerfing please). Improvement(s) in Warrior, especially, would be appreciated by many. This will help level the playing field among the classes for more competitive Leaderboards.

2. Examine Glory currency conversion into somthing else (preferably gems). Glory just sits there and accumulates after it's totally used as an initial recipe resource to create certain new gears for the first time (important for the more experienced players that have gone through all of this).

3. Eliminate GORNATHAN, who is quite useless selling gear at exorbitant​ prices. Move LIANA to his place in Home Town and give her something else to do after she sells all the game recipes, namely, to also sell GORNATHAN's "Weapons & Armor" (at cheaper prices). Give her a new title as "Recipes, Weapons, & Armor Trader". Move any tasks or quests GORNATHAN​ had during gameplay over to LIANA​.

Thanks for the opportunity to provide input, and good luck!
    “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

• ssjwoods
      ssjwoods commented
      Editing a comment
      I quite agree about GORNATHAN as I have never found anything he has useful, maybe add some decent legendary gear and let LIANA sell it.

• Vedova
      Vedova commented
      Editing a comment
      Giving Liana another role sounds good. When I was in ANB Contender league, being able to buy gear with XP early on was helpful. Yes, it was expensive, but for me that was part of what made the game challenging and fun.

1. Add more daily challenges as it really gets old going to Marcus's village over and over to kill Merlocks.

2. Forget the spawning in different places after a story level has been played several times. I quite often am spawned into a place where I cannot move into the game and have to go back to town and start over several times.

3. The spawn five times creatures are more irritating than mining worlds in Mass Effect 1. That and having creatures spawn after you have left the immediate area and you have to go look for them before opening a chest.

4. Allow choices for different bracers.

5. Put a tavern in the Inn where players can chat and pick up side quests from NPCs for non-stock weapons, rings, etc.

Great game but there is still a lot of ways it could be awesome!

Oh wait, you said THREE things. Sorry. Just ignore two of the above.
    Last edited by Moriarity; 01-14-2023, 05:55 AM.

Comment

• Skyla
      Skyla commented
      Editing a comment
      #2 will effect a well used farming method on SM. After enough runs you get spawned in right by the boss chest which is very useful in farming gold on ANBs. I do however agree that some of the spawn points need looked at, as I myself have been spawned in stuck behind something many times.
      Last edited by Skyla; 02-02-2023, 01:43 PM.

• ricklhall
      ricklhall commented
      Editing a comment
      #1. There are about 100 quest yet the dailies are the same 10.. maybe we could choose which five we do.

• ricklhall
      ricklhall commented
      Editing a comment
      #4. Aye, let us choose our bracer, even if for a bunch of gems… like jewelry.

1. Make vortex while beaming available on mobile.
    This has been a huge issue since forever. I've told mobile players so many times that unfortunately they are limited to ~5 trials lower than PC players, they farm more slowly, and to be on par they should choose a different set.

2. Remove the 'immune' texts (perhaps if the 'floating numbers' option is off). They crash the game for SCR and Death from Above builds, which takes away most of the fun
    3. Tweaks in gear damage and monster attributes.
    This will add a lot of variety to the game by adjusting parameters only!

​​​​I can only speak for mage:
    ​​​​​​- DfA: Increase DfA bracer and Igniter's sash damage. Could be doubled and still won't pass beam/scr
    - Arcanist: increase damage as you see fit (3*). Perhaps Shards of Frozen Time boost, plus Arcane bolts, Singularity and Paradox boost.
    - Monsters: as Wispy said, monsters feeling unique is great, but still:
    Slow down the fastest a little bit.
    Reduce the effect of fast/accelerator aura
    Reduce max single heal of healers. This makes AoE builds unplayable in many maps

Cheers!
    Mage: Anba
    Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Comment

As a relatively new player, I don't know how long others have been waiting for a Ragadam appearance, or the "coming soon" areas to open up. Dungeon keys are basically a waste after 5 staring the level. Bug fixes, and a rebalancing across the board...too many ppl just doing the cookie cutter "Meta" crap. I mean stuff...

Thanks for asking

Comment

Focusing on three changes easily™ achievable:
        1. Provide a better UI in combat with less clutter and a way to get a wider FoV on devices with narrow screen (note that this will remove the need for a fix to the overlapping of some UI elements on such devices);
        2. Improve the accuracy of sign identification, provide some form of sign customization, and remove the GCD when using signs;
        3. Give invincibility (and harmlessness) for a short period of time after resurrection.

P.S.: I don't list bug and exploit fixes, that's not a change but a relentless task...
        Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
        Eternium Files

Comment

• Ozymandius
          Ozymandius commented
          Editing a comment
          +1 on enough invincibility upon resurrection to get your hero out of harms way.

• unbehavedWeasel
          unbehavedWeasel commented
          Editing a comment
          +1 for very short grace period and global cooldown removal

There are far too many attributes on the gear especially for newer players like myself and you end up with too much water essence anyway. Maybe take some of the water based ones away or buff them a bit. I'm sure the more experienced players would have a better idea than me about it.
        ​​​​

Comment

Three easy changes that can add a lot of fun:
          1. More enchanting: allow weapons or even any gears to have two enchantments.
          2. A random live item for every ANB. The goal is to give some unique flavor to every ANB to avoid a repeating feeling. E.g. a live Cleaver which should have xp, xg and other random properties.
          3. One daily lucky draw from GORNATHAN. The lucky draw item should include legendary items.

Comment

• Ozymandius
            Ozymandius commented
            Editing a comment
            +1 on special gear for ANBs

1. Improve jewery crafting. It's the biggest PITA in this game after crafting leveling. Craft/sell craft/sell until you're broke and maybe yor've got enough to make one usable piece.
          2. Make trial levels more even as far as the number of healers , elites etc. Map shopping shouldn't have to be a thing.
          3. When the boss spawns all other enemies should disappear.

Comment

1. Provide trial stats for most recent trial as well as best trial. This would make it easier to see the effects of various tweaks.
            2. More character customization. It would be cool if I could have a bald dark-skinned hero, a wise elderly hero, etc. as well as more choices of color and style for gear.
            3. More variety in daily quests. I play Eternium for fun; anything that makes it like a "job" is a negative.

Those are my top three, but I'd also really, really like to be able to turn medal boosts off and on.

Comment

1. Fix mobile issues and\or install seperate LeaderBoards. (vortex does not stop beam, no dark nighttime maps, bigger zoom out distance, declutter UI and move healing buttons to the left or even better give a choice for left-&righthanders).

2. Minimize the need for map shopping/abandoning, make them close to even in difficulty within one TL. (Level out the number\combinations TL foes/elites and total dmg needed to clear a map, level out enemy speed, no dark nighttime, no leftover foes after boss spawn)

3. Customable signs and improved recognition. Remove messages in TL (you can buy better equipment, xx not available/ready) and give short immunity after resurrection.

Cheers
              Backyard FireLily (gloriosa superba)
              [ BrokenGarm , LenniGold , LenniXP ]

Comment

• Bali_Lenni
                Bali_Lenni commented
                Editing a comment
                ..forgot the why part: more fun and the reassurance that one's performance is not too much entwinged (twinge\twine) upon by mobile\pc and luck\perseverance in map shopping

p.s. more variety in daily quests (make all maps dq randomly)

• Bali_Lenni
                Bali_Lenni commented
                Editing a comment
                On decluttering UI (trials) :
                1. Make xp bar , toon name\icon and active boosters optional in settings (every little bit of space gained on mobile is crucial playing personal limit trials). Active boosters are only shown on hometown map of active toon - or some other solution, but not on trial map.
                2. Get rid of season icon.

Example for right handers (mirrored option available in settings for left handers) :

1. Move Inventory and setting buttons (slightly smaller size) to the bottom far right (making space for point #2).
                2. Place < and W (heal potions) to the left , top left maybe _ allowing the thumb of the non active device stabilizing hand to press those two buttons. (( Place statistic button wherever there is space. ))

Playing higher trials it is practically impossible to press those two vital buttons during active play with the active playing hand, forcing one to drawn signs for the healing potions - often resulting in death \ losing time needed to draw an attack sign .
            Working...
            X