Leds Last Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ༺྿Travis྿༻ (Support Mgr.) View Post
    There's some valid input here, so the devs are following this thread. They have a plan to address players' concerns.
    Sounds promising as it always...
    King of Android play
    NODA ZUSI NUHA 1647

Comment

There's some valid input here, so the devs are following this thread. They have a plan to address players' concerns.
      I hope that they do, I'm sad that the shagger is departed, I think he still uses discord, the devs should reach out to him, I not seen a video of him deleting his gear. He was an asset to the game and inspiration to many. I do think he over reacted but I do feel the top players have been hit really hard by the changes. So I think some of his disappointment is valid. To have people catch up to their CL in a matter of weeks and days before the 1st official leaderboard goes live is a bit sad for them, the work they put in to have it removed so easily.
      All I know the eternium universe lost a true hero. We should at least name an item after him, in memory of the departed.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post

Spoken by a person who has never written a line of code themselves. I have been writing code, designing systems and managing projects for over 50 years (yes I am that old). Writing the basic program is a challenge but modifying it can be a much bigger challenge. Every change you make has the potential to affect another part of the code. The more changes you make, the more complicated he implementation and testing of changes becomes.
        Actually, I have written lines of code. Many of them, although admittedly not in a while. And yes, in this case, it is that easy. I've outlined before how you can fix most problems by adapting existing functions/features. Ex. from pre-Beta, if one can play lvl 1000 monsters in trials and one can adjust level of opponents in story, why can't you play opponents over lvl 70 in story? If you keep track of levels completed to award stars, why can't you keep track of how many times a level has been played in a row and scale down the rewards until other levels have been played? Make those two changes, and change the reward for opening chests, and story is viable again and provides variety. How hard would that be?

And if you want to encourage diversity of builds, why is the end all be all of the game trials? And why is it timed? That necessitates a single goal and (at a macro level) build, i.e. DPS. What is the purpose of making trials timed? Why not make them hardcore? Why not make them like gauntlet and spawn increasingly difficult opponents until you die? Why not provide options? Since Gauntlet already exists, and limited revives exist in the dungeon, variations such as these shouldn't be that hard to implement.

And what about the dungeon? No unique rewards anymore, takes forever, and provides less exp/gems/gear per minute than anything else. What a waste. Why not tweak it?

Now, fixing crafting and jewelry making would be major items, as would fixing minions. And I can understand prioritizing MP over those changes. But why leave story mode broken for so long?

Comment

The devs better act quickly. With each update, I think the game is losing more players than it's gaining. It may be too late to reverse the collateral damage. People have quit already, at least those who openly said they would. Some damages are irrepairable. We maybe at the point of no return.
          HATO ZAKA LOCO 4594

Comment

Its my first time i enjoyed reading forums, all my concerns are already aired so i just want to point out one thing that i notice here. That a lot of active here in forums are VETERANS having more than 20 yrs in gaming. Im hoping the DEVS will notice this.

Comment

Originally posted by BAgate View Post
              What is the purpose of making trials timed? Why not make them hardcore?
              Interesting line of thought. I do like the timed trials but I really like the idea of a Hardcore Trial Leaderboard. Or perhaps a "Semi-Hardcore" one where a dead character Is penalized say perhaps 10 levels.

RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and VADA YOHI XUVA 4984 - Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Led View Post
                Hi Guys,

I just want to say good bye to the world of eternium. You guys have been good friends over the past 18 months, I just cant support the direction the game is heading. Players who have invested a lot of time now have that time invested time basically removed, there is no point pushing ahead as the devs want everyone equal.
                I personally feel CL should have been capped or limited along time ago, letting people invest (in my case) 1000's of hours to get ahead only to now have it take 2 weeks of similar effort to reach the same level is just wrong. Also with the new gems for bonus XP, that now makes people who pay have an easy ride to the top. I will never support any pay to win in a game and for the that was the final straw. It should have been a gold cost,
                So my reasons are,

Nothing to spend gold on,
                Having to watch 1000's of adds (which should never be in a game ever)
                no multiplayer,
                no balance across devices and no delay added will make up for clicking buttons vs drawing symbols.
                nerfed rings, (I know they will be fixed but that's just bad)
                no reason to play story
                bosses in trials are nothing more than boredom not skill
                insane gem cost for basic uses,

Im thinking of making the final video of me deleting my heros (kind of burn the bridge mentality I have with games to prevent relapse)

Thanks for all your time in the past.

Led
                Sheepshagger out.

I already talked with Led so I won't use the forum to say goodbye especially that there is still the chance that he will come back. I wanted to add my few (I am sorry if this is to many) words to this thread.

1) Agree that we can't spend gold for something useful. We sugguest many solutions for that and even if Devs will listen and add some new options like reforge or boosters. The problem is that the currency is always in gems. Try to make them for gold (only). I understand that the Dream Primer is not charity and the priority is to make a profit but please do not go into direction of pay to win game (PtW).

2) Here I different opinion. Giving an option to choose - spend money or watch ad is good to get more different players with different budget and making that the chance for everybody is more or less similar.

3) We are waiting for it so long...

4) Totally agree, from one side Devs want to make all players similar in CLs to be competite but from second side we have so many more important (in my opinion) changes to balance the game . Player with 1000+CL could beat in trial player with 1700+ CLs because first is using emulator and second tocuh screen.

5) First Devs said that they will not fix the bug (don't understand why). I heard that I am complaining when I were talking about that but when Led joined to complaining we get promise that it will be fixed. I am sorry Devs but you get the profit from people who are testing the game for you, so when something goes wrong you should have in mind that we want fix. This is beta it's normal for me that there are some bugs/unbalanced things which are waiting to fix it. If only newbies will be testing beta because there is great staff waiting for them and maybe players from live version even never get this opportunity to get them.

6) We have drop booster which make that high level players come back to story on normal difficulty only for grinding gems. Maybe is fun for some people but not for us. But it's ok this is easy to fix in next update.

7) I was talking about this when they introduce them...run Forest run...hit&run strategy but good try to change something. Maybe it's better than standing in one place but I hope we will see more in the future I see here one more problem. All people in beta know how to run but when the game will go live I think people will get nervous because they will be dying a lot. Warriors will would get more VIT and will not understand why as Warriors can't tank boss and are dying from one hit. Some people after some time will discover how the mechanics works that some skills are one shot skills but some will leave Eternium away because this will be not fun that they can't progress trial 10-20-30...etc. (first trial where they will be on 1 hit). Please make some tutorial for them before release or with release.

8) I agree. Now when we can get a lot of new gear every day the basic costs looks insane.

Originally posted by 123Klutz View Post
                it's not pay to win. eventually all players are capped in similar levels because of diminishing return, someone reached that level by spending their time, someone by money, it's fair. in other words, it's "pay to the starting line", not pay to win. the game used to prevent any newcomers from catching up, that's really unfair to them.

on the other hand, a millionaire can never beat Led without excellent skills. imo you are more skillful than 99% of others, so what are you worrying about in a SKILL TO WIN game?

by keeping the old way, veterans can never ever be beaten, newbs are frustrated in the very beginning since they have no hope, then the game will die in near future, it's not what you want, is it?
                I agree and not agree. From definition we have no PtW game but as a Veterans we are looking much more forward than a player who spend with Eternium 1 month and maybe already looking for some other more interesting game.

We'll see the direction where we are going, a little more new content in the future and you woudn't have to argue if it's PtW or not but today we have a chance to change this direction.

Originally posted by 6east View Post
                That is correct! Think about this, how does a new player beat you LED, if they didn't have this "boost". How does anyone beat a 1 year vet of a 1000+ level CL (not actually numbers just example) to a newbie who wants to compete against you? Do they have to put the time, same as you? I understand this feels a bit unfair how the devs made it "easier" making vets feel like all they have accomplish turn to **** but you also have to think of eternium as your baby, how can we keep the game alive?

Edit : Let's say they didn't add this EXP booster etc etc.
                When you PVP.. you can literary 1vs100 new players (level 70 with CL 200+) EASILY right? Where is the challenge in that? You want to wait 1+years for them to reach your level and have a fair fight? riddle me that?
                There was many suggestions before the leaderbords were introduced how to solve this. I don't remember if Devs were asking us about that. They just choose their way for solving this. This is their product so we can try to help but Devs don't need to take this help if they want to make it in different way. If making game easier and faster to finish will give them more profit then maybe all changes are fine? More new low loyality players vs old Veterans which are playing 1+ year one game. We must wait minimum few months to see if it's good way.

Originally posted by 1337_Derp View Post
                This sucks. You inspire me dood. Who cares how they leveled the playing field. It still boils down to skill.

How good or successful woulsld Eternium PVP and Multiplayer be if they had to go through what you did? This is to kickstart the playerbase so when those things come there is enough heroes for competition.

I really wish you werent leaving. Your work still gives me motivation to reach the level your at.
                I think we need to consider 2 thinks. Is it better to make all players the same without big efford or is it better to have some high level/experienced players who are inspiration for newbies and some day or even tomorrow they will be able to check their skills in pvm or pvp with Veterans (we can turn off CLs, limit for some period of time etc. to make possibility for all players to competite. Making every player near the same is not the only one solution)

Originally posted by Drulle View Post
                I can understand the frustration of the vet. Players. Tho I think in the long run this is good for the game. With no change for the cl devs would have to make lots of content both for those at medium low cl and something else for ghe vets. With multiplayer coming it would be the top 10 players in their own legue and the rest doing someting else. Bet there will soon come a cap to the cl.
                Have fun playing guys.
                I am not sure if in a long run is good or not but I see a risk that we get a lot of new players which will change this game to another because they will be bored after few weeks/months (good gear, high CL, and completed story). I hope I am wrong we will see.

I think that the cap it's not needed we already have soft cap which making that all players can be near the same (in CLs). To get CL on level 2000+ you need to spend 25x time more than to get level near below 1800.

We are waiting for their opinion. I would like to ask for ETA but we know it - SOON™

Comment

Once played Kingdom of Camelot on FB (yeah, I know) and they began making needed equipment available as pay only. It got expensive and with the bots you might have lots of supplies one day and lose them the next due to massive raiders. Lost all my troops and went away, never to play it again. Please avoid the pay for play. I understand some of LED's concerns. You develop good characters, run them up and then what do you do with them. Gold should work as do gems for purchases inside the game. One thing I noticed is you buy something from the store for say 100 gems. Turn around and sell that item and the very best you can ever hope for is 1,400 gold if it is a legendary item. The use of gems to open treasure chests? I stopped doing that as have other people. A really good item is indistinguishable from junk. Buying a pig in a poke comes to mind for some reason.

This is a good game, again, not perfect but still a good game.

Comment

Best of luck with your future endevours LED. I hope you find something motivating and enjoyable. Not much else really matters...

Cheers!

Comment

I have not joined beta but because of beta I have stopped playing as much. Hearing that exp will be faster has really kept me from playing. Mainly because what is the point to continue now when that is coming. I also can only stay into games where the point is to grind for gear , so you can grind for better gear, and finally grind some more for other gear. "why didn't you join beta?" because its beta and comes with problems. Problems that might make me walk away. I am CL 33X have reached trial number 195 and could probably progess a little farther but w/o any gear upgrades in quite awhile I have gotten bored. I totally understand Led's points. The amount of time that guy had to have invested to be where he is and now to pretty much have all his work turn to nothing is nonsense. No one would understand unless they were at the same lvl he was. Led your videos of the game is what made me come check this out. Good luck out there dood.

Comment

As always the forums are amazing... Full of intelligent people... To Led best of luck to you sir your an ICON of the game

Comment

well-thought out. very nice.
                          VOWO TOSO QEME 4656

Comment

Also I think the gem cost of reforging is pretty insane
                            22nd September 2017

Comment

I like the new updates, I agree I find myself losing the urge to play somtimes, but so was running tbd over and over somtimes.. I think it would be much better if we get several different builds for each character that can compete in trial/pvp, because farming gear for builds is easier, wich in turn is better for players that don't pay to play. I believe they're still working on it all but we'll see more improvements than the old school versions. I would like to see more set items for different builds.
                              Last edited by Jmac75; 11-01-2017, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Led View Post
                                Hi Guys,

I just want to say good bye to the world of eternium. You guys have been good friends over the past 18 months, I just cant support the direction the game is heading. Players who have invested a lot of time now have that time invested time basically removed, there is no point pushing ahead as the devs want everyone equal.
                                I personally feel CL should have been capped or limited along time ago, letting people invest (in my case) 1000's of hours to get ahead only to now have it take 2 weeks of similar effort to reach the same level is just wrong. Also with the new gems for bonus XP, that now makes people who pay have an easy ride to the top. I will never support any pay to win in a game and for the that was the final straw. It should have been a gold cost,
                                So my reasons are,

Nothing to spend gold on,
                                Having to watch 1000's of adds (which should never be in a game ever)
                                no multiplayer,
                                no balance across devices and no delay added will make up for clicking buttons vs drawing symbols.
                                nerfed rings, (I know they will be fixed but that's just bad)
                                no reason to play story
                                bosses in trials are nothing more than boredom not skill
                                insane gem cost for basic uses,

Im thinking of making the final video of me deleting my heros (kind of burn the bridge mentality I have with games to prevent relapse)

Thanks for all your time in the past.

Led
                                Sheepshagger out.
                                I take back my old post. Eventually, People who don't pay are probly never going to be on the top of the leader boards because somone can just buy exp boosters and out level you.

Comment

Working...
                                X