Absolute CANCER needs to be removed from the game - rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rytrik View Post

Agreed. Give em a touch more healing power in the lower trials. Not power overwhelming, but just power whelming. Just to give people a warmup to what they're like at higher trials.

strut v 900 Since we know that you have the Best Way™ to kill Magroth for gems with your high dps mage, why don't you create a Best Way™ guide to kill healers in trials?
    You're a kind fellow.

Thank you
    KIFE NUJE WAFO 1716

CLICK >>>HERE<<<FOR YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR ETERNIUM PLAY/GUIDES

Comment

They are fine till like, trial 98, probably 100 too. In my opinion, they are just getting way too annoying afterwards. And, as we beat and beat trials, by the time someone reaches, for instance, trial 120, by the time they see a healer in a group, they will have to restart the entire instance. And no, that's not healthy by any means. Yes, I have restarted a trial because of that. And no, I don't believe they aren't healthy for the game because they annoy me. They aren't healthy for the high-end trials in general. The point of growing as a player, is to beat an entire trial under 10 minutes, not 'try to beat a healer and the archer who shoots like a mfker under 10 minutes'.
      Originally posted by CountBelzebul;n96592
      when i start playing eternium last year...my warrior had 3 maggie as companion...when i heard maggie being nerfed...i got frustrated...then i just delete my warrior...
      YOLO

Comment

Originally posted by RiseOfAbyss View Post
        And no, I don't believe they aren't healthy for the game because they annoy me. They aren't healthy for the high-end trials in general. The point of growing as a player, is to beat an entire trial under 10 minutes, not 'try to beat a healer and the archer who shoots like a mfker under 10 minutes'.
        This brought on a huge grin.

Yes i do believe the Healers need work - perhaps a Buff in the lower levels and a nerf in the high. either way there is a bit of balancing required.

RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and VADA YOHI XUVA 4984 - Beta

Comment

As a Mage I have the same problem with elite healers in higher trial levels.
          The usual way to kill them is unleashing Blizzard and then Singularity and Frostbeam on them. However, the problem arises, when there's no Blizzard freeze, the healer(s) go from ~10-20% to full HP and the CC meter is filled considerably. Not to mention the cooldowns of Blizz/Sing and FB aren't alligned any more. And once Frostbeam cooldown reaches 0 the procedure is ready to start again...
          In my opinion they need some rebalancing. Bad play and/or bad stats should be the only reasons for failing to kill mobs (fast). It shouldn't boil down to merely bad luck.

And those elite healers aren't even on the top of my most broken and annoying trial elites list...
          MULU FIGU DUFE 7374

Comment

I was playing trial level 82 (I think) and after several attempts was really close to killing the dragon. I mean there was barely a sliver of life left on the beast. Then all of a sudden a HEALER saunters in from nowhere and starts going to work on the dragon, herself, and me. There was nothing I could do...couldn't dispose of her plus manage the dragons attack and I died. Now I'd seen the healer earlier and lazily chose to sneak by, and I guess while at work on the dragon somehow triggered her.

Any other elite I might have been able to deal with...maybe even a summoner - but not a healer.

As you can imagine at first I was pretty frustrated, I'd missed the dragon's drop and advancing a trial, even though I had the dragon under control, But then I thought about it and started laughing at myself, at the game, and the fact that I'd gotten my just desserts in this case! It was my fault. And I loved it!

I don't have the experience of dealing with them at level 100+, but I can imagine...and I still vote for them to stay too. You just gotta deal with them!

And yes, @Rytrik I love it too when I nudge them into perfect alignment and take them out with the frost beam...which is all I need...for now.....

EDIT: Just read other's saying they are mostly a problem after trial 100 so I wouldn't know, but perhaps then, yes, this is a balance issue and just needs some adjustment. Maybe if, as I read somewhere, the devs never thought anyone would get much past trial 100 then the balance at those trial levels wasn't well explored.
            Last edited by xaeiou; 01-12-2018, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xaeiou View Post
              I was playing trial level 82 (I think) and after several attempts was really close to killing the dragon. I mean there was barely a sliver of life left on the beast. Then all of a sudden a HEALER saunters in from nowhere and starts going to work on the dragon, herself, and me. There was nothing I could do...couldn't dispose of her plus manage the dragons attack and I died. Now I'd seen the healer earlier and lazily chose to sneak by, and I guess while at work on the dragon somehow triggered her.

Any other elite I might have been able to deal with...maybe even a summoner - but not a healer.

As you can imagine at first I was pretty frustrated, I'd missed the dragon's drop and advancing a trial, even though I had the dragon under control, But then I thought about it and started laughing at myself, at the game, and the fact that I'd gotten my just desserts in this case! It was my fault. And I loved it!
              I love that you took ownership of what happened :-) Awesome. Your story is similar to what I experience in sales: skip a step, skip a sale. In this case skipping clearing the healer skipped a timely dragon kill.

And you do have to admire how proactive the healer was. She saw that she could help TBD with her skills, and she wandered over to give a hand. A+ gold star to her!

Originally posted by xaeiou View Post
              And yes, @Rytrik I love it too when I nudge them into perfect alignment and take them out with the frost beam...which is all I need...for now.....

It is a highly satisfying feeling ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by narf View Post
                And those elite healers aren't even on the top of my most broken and annoying trial elites list...
                Would be interested in the whole list. Really.
                VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

I'll chime in on the healers.
                  • -1 to removing them or nerfing them as a whole
                  • +1 to consider a rebalance. On lower levels and in story, they are easy to kill and do not help the boss noticeably. Think of Siege of Anderhelm and the East & West Towers. If they helped Magroth there more ...hhhmmm...
                  • At TLs >90ish, they are admittedly huge pain. TL+100 they can absolutely ruin your run -- they can be harder to kill than the boss.
                  • ON THE OTHER HAND it takes extra strategy to kill or work around them, WHICH IT SHOULD.
                  • Since it is "random" how many you get in a Trial, if you get "too many" Elite Sisters, it's unfortunately one more reason to Abandon & restart. And there are already too many of these reasons.
                  Maybe they could "get tired" if you hit them hard & continuously. Their heals would get smaller & smaller as they get tired.

VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post
                    I'll chime in on the healers.
                    • -1 to removing them or nerfing them as a whole
                    • +1 to consider a rebalance. On lower levels and in story, they are easy to kill and do not help the boss noticeably. Think of Siege of Anderhelm and the East & West Towers. If they helped Magroth there more ...hhhmmm...
                    • At TLs >90ish, they are admittedly huge pain. TL+100 they can absolutely ruin your run -- they can be harder to kill than the boss.
                    • ON THE OTHER HAND it takes extra strategy to kill or work around them, WHICH IT SHOULD.
                    • Since it is "random" how many you get in a Trial, if you get "too many" Elite Sisters, it's unfortunately one more reason to Abandon & restart. And there are already too many of these reasons.
                    Maybe they could "get tired" if you hit them hard & continuously. Their heals would get smaller & smaller as they get tired.
                    Or allow hits to also create a small healing spell 'knockback', where it takes them longer to cast spells as they get hit, similar to what happens to healers in many other games when they take damage

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post

Would be interested in the whole list. Really.
                      The worst would be multi-chargers or chain-chargers? Already pisses me off that I don't really have a name for them. Get them every once in a while and they just bounce around and eliminate all minions(best case) or me(worst case) without any indication.
                      For me the hunters come in second because of their inconsistent Multishot cast time, which can range from practically instant to like 5 seconds.

The healers are problematic, but usually don't cause a death(at least not on their own) and I know exactly what to expectand how to deal with them. As Mage I use full force abilities to deal with them and hope for Blizzard freeze. And BH has even less trouble to kill healers one by one.
                      MULU FIGU DUFE 7374

Comment

This is why you need Maggie

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
                          This is why you need Maggie
                          Maggie with 2 archers? :-)

Comment

LOL love this topic. I literally just had to quit a trial due to two healers + 2 archers + Lich in a mob.

I play Stalker BH, once in a while you get luck and fire off two Snipes in a row....bam they dead and you've gained HUGE XP giving you a leg up on finishing the trial in time. However, most of the time, I just abandon trial if I can't kill her within 15 secs.
                            BH - Stalker - TL 138 (PC)

Comment

The worst would be multi-chargers or chain-chargers? Already pisses me off that I don't really have a name for them. Get them every once in a while and they just bounce around and eliminate all minions(best case) or me(worst case) without any indication.
                              Called berserkers? Regardless, I read elsewhere that their behavior is as designed. If they charge & hit nothing, they stop at the end of the first arrow. If they hit anything (including a minion) then you better have run six miles in the other direction because they one-shot you. For this reason I like my Necromonicon. The skeletons it summons confuse the s*** out of those pinball wizards.

For me the hunters come in second because of their inconsistent Multishot cast time, which can range from practically instant to like 5 seconds.
                              Yes; Yes. Yes! Sometimes their time to shoot is nearly zero. WTF?! I'm dead before I get a warning. Unfortunately for Mages, there's a lot of graphics on the screen so you can hardly friggin see anything. I've ranted about this in the past. If I could see that the butthead enemy was a hunter, I wouldn't even need his big "multi-shot is coming" arrow (which I also sometimes can hardly see). As it is, I can't see him, or his arrow, and if the time before he shoots is nearly zero, then its most likely yet another cause for "Abandon" & restart.

Apologies if the enemy monster is a dudette. Replace all pronouns above with non-binary.

Last edited by Coda; 01-12-2018, 10:33 PM.
                              VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Everyone here complaining about the healers...and I all I want is the healer's positioning AI implemented into Eileen... They always move to the back of the pack. But I I digest...

+1 learn better strategy/timing for healers
                                -1 for removing them
                                +1 for maybe a little rebalance
                                +1 for #gitgud
                                Dyoma Crown
                                Dyoma Crown Total: 434

Mage: 143
                                Warrior (DW): 148
                                BH: 143

Warrior (SW): 138

Comment

Working...