Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post for Devs. About the future of Eternium.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hades0505
    replied
    Originally posted by GrauGeist View Post

Why shouldn't BH use Shields?

Allowing BH to share shields would open up new possibilities for gameplay options and builds. BH would still have their guns, still wouldn't use HtH weapons. So what's the problem?
    She is a shooter, not an amazon. Makes 0 sense to me.

Leave a comment:

• Travis | Support Mgr.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RiseOfAbyss
    replied

Because he's carrying it when he's not using it. Just like the Mage. And the Warrior.

If a Mage can use a shield, there's no reason a BH can't use a shield. In fact, there's more reason to take shields away from Mages.
    What in the Earth am I reading, holy **** stfu

Leave a comment:

• GrauGeist
    replied
    Right now, BH doesn't even have the choice not to dual-wield. Mages shouldn't even have the option either, as they're pure offense.

If the shield is Rylocke's Defender, then it does occasional lightning!

Leave a comment:

• Rytrik
    replied

Because he's carrying it when he's not using it. Just like the Mage. And the Warrior.

If a Mage can use a shield, there's no reason a BH can't use a shield. In fact, there's more reason to take shields away from Mages.
    Mages also don't DW like BHs or Warriors do. It's purely a stat item. The only time I've even used a shield on a mage is when leveling, when no tome is around. Otherwise it's a tome. And it works with Mages since the majority of our damage comes from spells.

But with a BH, you'll lose 1 gun in order to get a shield. If you really want to go single wield on BH... be my guest? But again, what's the point? Your damage has now been significantly nerfed, and for what? How much 'block/defense' would you get as a BH with a shield, vs the fact that BH's come with a passive speed boost which allows you to avoid getting hit in the first place.
    Last edited by Rytrik; 03-15-2018, 04:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GrauGeist
    replied
    Originally posted by Rytrik View Post
    Why would a BH wear a shield? It doesn't make sense.

Leave a comment:

• Humus
    replied
    Originally posted by Rytrik View Post
    A bulletproof vest?

Leave a comment:

• Rytrik
    replied

Allowing BH to share shields would open up new possibilities for gameplay options and builds. BH would still have their guns, still wouldn't use HtH weapons. So what's the problem?

Leave a comment:

• GrauGeist
    replied
    Originally posted by hades0505 View Post
    Please don't

Leave a comment:

• BAgate
    replied
    giecomo -

1) that's asking a lot. we're saying they should concentrate on fixing things before releasing new content, not assuming they will do it all at once.

2) read arionthe's posts in this thread. When we talk about variety, we mean making it so everyone doesn't play cookie cutter builds. You shouldn't be able to look at the top of the leaderboard and see everyone the same. Thee shouldn't be just one 'style' of play. Adding dungeons and quests doesn't solve this, it merely gives you more things to do with your cookie cutter build.

Leave a comment:

• giecomo
    replied
    Originally posted by BAgate View Post

1) They can't fix story mode with an act 4. Players have to be able to progress through normal to get to heroic, etc, so act 4 can't be too much tougher than act 3 (i.e. act 4 normal should fall between act 3 normal and act 1 heroic). Thus even a legendary act 4 won't be able to compete with high level trials in difficulty/rewards under the current model.

2) multiplayer will lose its appeal pretty quickly if everyone is the same. so adjusting the framework to allow diversity needs to be a priority.
    I don't mean Act 4 will fix story mode. I meant with the release of Act 4 there might be other changes alongside it that would fix up story mode a little.

And I don't understand, so what are you asking for exactly? You mention there's repetition and are asking for diversity, what exactly do you have in mind? Because what I'm thinking is, MP will definitely help with repetition since there will probably be dungeons and quests and the likes, it won't be literally just multiplayer where we can see other players and say hi to them and nothing else in the game changes.

Leave a comment:

• BAgate
    replied
    Originally posted by giecomo View Post

Well yeah when they add Act IV they might fix up story mode a little.

And as for gameplay repetition, they're working on MP. But in the meantime while waiting, giving us new content would help with the wait. Definitely more than adding a 'Celestial' mode which was the comment I was responding to.
    1) They can't fix story mode with an act 4. Players have to be able to progress through normal to get to heroic, etc, so act 4 can't be too much tougher than act 3 (i.e. act 4 normal should fall between act 3 normal and act 1 heroic). Thus even a legendary act 4 won't be able to compete with high level trials in difficulty/rewards under the current model.

2) multiplayer will lose its appeal pretty quickly if everyone is the same. so adjusting the framework to allow diversity needs to be a priority.

Leave a comment:

• hades0505
    replied
    Oh, yeah, forgot to add: Allow BH to use Shields off hand!
    Please don't

Leave a comment:

• GrauGeist
    replied
    Oh, yeah, forgot to add: Allow BH to use Shields off hand!

Leave a comment:

• giecomo
    replied

I think it is more important to get things right now and then add to it,

Story mode is pointless (easy with no rewards
    Well yeah when they add Act IV they might fix up story mode a little.

And as for gameplay repetition, they're working on MP. But in the meantime while waiting, giving us new content would help with the wait. Definitely more than adding a 'Celestial' mode which was the comment I was responding to.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X