Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post for Devs. About the future of Eternium.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrauGeist
    replied
    Originally posted by BAgate View Post
    GrauGeist, give it up. I've been down this road before. The people here just love their sword and shield wielding mages.
    Duly noted, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Purple Potato
    replied
    Originally posted by BAgate View Post
    GrauGeist, give it up. I've been down this road before. The people here just love their sword and shield wielding mages.
    Lol

Leave a comment:

• BAgate
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GrauGeist
    replied
    I've played my Mages at high enough trials, before switching to BH. I have THREE of them at 70. When pretty much every Mage is running Necronomicon, I fail to see how taking Shields from Mages is any sort of significant nerf, particularly as it'd be trivial to create new class-specific Named equipment.

And to be clear, my crusade is actually to differentiate the classes better, something that the devs have done a bad job of. It's poor design to have the Mage and Warrior share so much gear, when the classes should be radically different in obvious ways. Taking Shields from Mages helps accomplish that. So would pulling Maces and Axes. And why shouldn't Maces and Axes be Warrior-specific? It'd be much better differentiation if Warriors were the only class to get Maces and Axes, while only Mages got Tomes and Staves and only BH got Guns and ???.

Leave a comment:

• Rytrik
    replied
    Originally posted by GrauGeist View Post
    And I can bring up the granddaddy of RPGs specifically denying casters heavy armor, much less shields - D&D.

Regardless, it's bad balance for Mages to have access to every Warrior weapon *plus* Staves, while the BH only has Guns.
    Have you played a mage at higher trials? You've even said that you got your mage to 70, then ditched it. Why are you on such a crusade to nerf mages?

Leave a comment:

• GrauGeist
    replied
    And I can bring up the granddaddy of RPGs specifically denying casters heavy armor, much less shields - D&D.

Regardless, it's bad balance for Mages to have access to every Warrior weapon *plus* Staves, while the BH only has Guns.

Leave a comment:

• hades0505
    replied
    No, I've not played Diablo since the first version. Just because Diablo did it badly is not a good reason to have such grossly-unbalanced equipment access.

And let's not forget, this is just my suggestion to the devs
    I can bring up a number of examples(some ARPG some not) where there are casters wielding shields(or potential builds that require a shield):
    -Final Fantasy series.
    -Tales of series.
    -Baldur's Gate
    -Pilars of Eternity
    -Tyranny
    - Path of exile

And I could keep going for a while.

Leave a comment:

• GrauGeist
    replied
    No, I've not played Diablo since the first version. Just because Diablo did it badly is not a good reason to have such grossly-unbalanced equipment access.

And let's not forget, this is just my suggestion to the devs

Leave a comment:

• hades0505
    replied
    Mages have way too many gear options. Mages should only have swords and staves. Never shields, nor Maces.

Tomes are definitely a weapon with a Damage stat, unlike a Shield with a Block stat.

In the RPGs I've played, I've never seen a Mage with a shield. They're supposed to have their hands free, and unencumbered by heavy armor. Casting in armor is a rare and special ability.

If Tome and Staff are only for Mages, then Guns can be only for BH; Warrior should be the only one to use a Mace.

Better differentiation of gear would be a good thing, and taking things from the Mage would be a great start.

As for the BH, it's ridiculous that there is only ONE Named item. Giving them Shields would increase their access to cool stuff, but I'd be OK with simply making more Named Guns instead.
    Haven't you ever played Diablo 2 LoD? The go build for every caster is the spirit runeword on a monarch shield on the off hand.

Leave a comment:

• GrauGeist
    replied
    Mages have way too many gear options. Mages should only have swords and staves. Never shields, nor Maces.

Tomes are definitely a weapon with a Damage stat, unlike a Shield with a Block stat.

In the RPGs I've played, I've never seen a Mage with a shield. They're supposed to have their hands free, and unencumbered by heavy armor. Casting in armor is a rare and special ability.

If Tome and Staff are only for Mages, then Guns can be only for BH; Warrior should be the only one to use a Mace.

Better differentiation of gear would be a good thing, and taking things from the Mage would be a great start.

As for the BH, it's ridiculous that there is only ONE Named item. Giving them Shields would increase their access to cool stuff, but I'd be OK with simply making more Named Guns instead.

Leave a comment:

• adjacentengels
    replied
    Originally posted by Mohawk View Post
    What is OH? Thinking about it all the time... can't get it...
    OH stands for Off-Hand, meaning your non-primary hand.

Leave a comment:

• hades0505
    replied

Unlike the Mage?? Please distinguish why the Mage should have Shields, and the BH not.
    The mage is no shooter. In every RPG I've played, mages can equip shields, whereas shooting classes either pack double gun or two handed guns. For me it makes no sense giving somebody with a gun a shield, honsestly.

Leave a comment:

• Mohawk
    replied
    Why not? ^^
    I mean, i don't think it would be useful or i would use it... but if anyone wants, why not?
    No one would be forced to use, maybe the Encrypted Shield would be useful for someone... i don't know

What is OH? Thinking about it all the time... can't get it...

Leave a comment:

• Rytrik
    replied

Unlike the Mage?? Please distinguish why the Mage should have Shields, and the BH not.
    Mages don't DW. The OH is basically a stat stick.No high level mage uses Rylocke's. It's Necronomicon or a non-necrobook tome. Shields allow for easier leveling for mages, plus cross transference to warriors (we can move weapons and the OH stat stick over to our warriors if we want) for their ease of leveling.

BH gets all the guns.

If BHs get shields, then I think mages should be able to OH a gun. Same with warrior.

By the way, you never answered me... WHY do you want a shield on a BH? What's the point?
    Last edited by Rytrik; 03-16-2018, 01:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GrauGeist
    replied
    Originally posted by hades0505 View Post
    She is a shooter, not an amazon. Makes 0 sense to me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X