Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post for Devs. About the future of Eternium.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rytrik View Post
    Why would a BH wear a shield? It doesn't make sense.
    A bulletproof vest?

Comment

Originally posted by Rytrik View Post
      Why would a BH wear a shield? It doesn't make sense.
      Because he's carrying it when he's not using it. Just like the Mage. And the Warrior.

If a Mage can use a shield, there's no reason a BH can't use a shield. In fact, there's more reason to take shields away from Mages.

Comment

Originally posted by GrauGeist View Post

Because he's carrying it when he's not using it. Just like the Mage. And the Warrior.

If a Mage can use a shield, there's no reason a BH can't use a shield. In fact, there's more reason to take shields away from Mages.
        Mages also don't DW like BHs or Warriors do. It's purely a stat item. The only time I've even used a shield on a mage is when leveling, when no tome is around. Otherwise it's a tome. And it works with Mages since the majority of our damage comes from spells.

But with a BH, you'll lose 1 gun in order to get a shield. If you really want to go single wield on BH... be my guest? But again, what's the point? Your damage has now been significantly nerfed, and for what? How much 'block/defense' would you get as a BH with a shield, vs the fact that BH's come with a passive speed boost which allows you to avoid getting hit in the first place.
        Last edited by Rytrik; 03-15-2018, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Right now, BH doesn't even have the choice not to dual-wield. Mages shouldn't even have the option either, as they're pure offense.

If the shield is Rylocke's Defender, then it does occasional lightning!

Comment

What in the Earth am I reading, holy **** stfu
            Originally posted by CountBelzebul;n96592
            when i start playing eternium last year...my warrior had 3 maggie as companion...when i heard maggie being nerfed...i got frustrated...then i just delete my warrior...
            YOLO

Comment

Comment

Why shouldn't BH use Shields?

Allowing BH to share shields would open up new possibilities for gameplay options and builds. BH would still have their guns, still wouldn't use HtH weapons. So what's the problem?
                She is a shooter, not an amazon. Makes 0 sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by hades0505 View Post
                  She is a shooter, not an amazon. Makes 0 sense to me.
                  Unlike the Mage?? Please distinguish why the Mage should have Shields, and the BH not.

Comment

Unlike the Mage?? Please distinguish why the Mage should have Shields, and the BH not.
                    Mages don't DW. The OH is basically a stat stick.No high level mage uses Rylocke's. It's Necronomicon or a non-necrobook tome. Shields allow for easier leveling for mages, plus cross transference to warriors (we can move weapons and the OH stat stick over to our warriors if we want) for their ease of leveling.

BH gets all the guns.

If BHs get shields, then I think mages should be able to OH a gun. Same with warrior.

By the way, you never answered me... WHY do you want a shield on a BH? What's the point?
                    Last edited by Rytrik; 03-16-2018, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Why not? ^^
                      I mean, i don't think it would be useful or i would use it... but if anyone wants, why not?
                      No one would be forced to use, maybe the Encrypted Shield would be useful for someone... i don't know

What is OH? Thinking about it all the time... can't get it...
                      All classes - Champion Lvl 1800+ / Friend Code SOTA TICO DECE 5457
                      Knight - Champion Lvl 1800+ / Friend Code JIWU LURU BESE 3964
                      Bounty Hunter - Champion Lvl 1700+ / Friend Code LETU DIBO GIME 8818
                      Mage -
                      under construction / Friend Code XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

Comment

The mage is no shooter. In every RPG I've played, mages can equip shields, whereas shooting classes either pack double gun or two handed guns. For me it makes no sense giving somebody with a gun a shield, honsestly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohawk View Post
                          What is OH? Thinking about it all the time... can't get it...
                          OH stands for Off-Hand, meaning your non-primary hand.

Comment

Mages have way too many gear options. Mages should only have swords and staves. Never shields, nor Maces.

Tomes are definitely a weapon with a Damage stat, unlike a Shield with a Block stat.

In the RPGs I've played, I've never seen a Mage with a shield. They're supposed to have their hands free, and unencumbered by heavy armor. Casting in armor is a rare and special ability.

If Tome and Staff are only for Mages, then Guns can be only for BH; Warrior should be the only one to use a Mace.

Better differentiation of gear would be a good thing, and taking things from the Mage would be a great start.

As for the BH, it's ridiculous that there is only ONE Named item. Giving them Shields would increase their access to cool stuff, but I'd be OK with simply making more Named Guns instead.

Comment

Mages have way too many gear options. Mages should only have swords and staves. Never shields, nor Maces.

Tomes are definitely a weapon with a Damage stat, unlike a Shield with a Block stat.

In the RPGs I've played, I've never seen a Mage with a shield. They're supposed to have their hands free, and unencumbered by heavy armor. Casting in armor is a rare and special ability.

If Tome and Staff are only for Mages, then Guns can be only for BH; Warrior should be the only one to use a Mace.

Better differentiation of gear would be a good thing, and taking things from the Mage would be a great start.

As for the BH, it's ridiculous that there is only ONE Named item. Giving them Shields would increase their access to cool stuff, but I'd be OK with simply making more Named Guns instead.
                              Haven't you ever played Diablo 2 LoD? The go build for every caster is the spirit runeword on a monarch shield on the off hand.

Comment

No, I've not played Diablo since the first version. Just because Diablo did it badly is not a good reason to have such grossly-unbalanced equipment access.

And let's not forget, this is just my suggestion to the devs

Comment

Working...
                                X