Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post for Devs. About the future of Eternium.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Rytrik, you miss the point. First, how is running trials, over and over and over any different from running story levels over and over? It is all the same, except trials actually keep increasing in difficulty while story mode is capped. Combined with the fact that Trials give greater rewards and story mode is irrelevant. Add new content (act 4) and you will run that a few times, get bored, and be right back where you started. As Arionthe has explained, it is about getting the structure right, then content can be added.

    And it isn't much effort. Just letting difficulty level of story mode scale up as well as down with corresponding rewards would solve 90% of the issues. And how hard would that be?

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by BAgate View Post

      And it isn't much effort. Just letting difficulty level of story mode scale up as well as down with corresponding rewards would solve 90% of the issues. And how hard would that be?
      That's how I saw it, because instead of creating new programing devs just has to copy and paste the existing story mode program template and modify in the likes of legendary story mode but increases enemy stats to make it more dificult. I relize it might not be that simple or it is that simple but very tedius to implement. I have a basic understanding on programing and the logic flow and that is why I can say what I am saying based off my experience.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by mattks1 View Post
        The idea just came to me, but I think it should be an easier addition to the game. Instead of adding a 4th part in story mode, devs could add Celestial Story Mode in which the difficulty is TL80-90 level but with no time limit just like regular story mode.
        Absolutely not. New act(and hero) is imperative. Playing the old content again and again(and again) gets old. I've been waiting for Act IV for forever...
        22nd September 2017

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by giecomo View Post

          Absolutely not. New act(and hero) is imperative. Playing the old content again and again(and again) gets old. I've been waiting for Act IV for forever...
          But you play trials over and over again, is that getting old? And once new content is added, how long until that gets old? I think it is more important to get things right now and then add to it, rather than add to it and leave all the problems as is. Sort of like the bugs that have existed for years...

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by BAgate View Post
            I think it is more important to get things right now and then add to it, rather than add to it and leave all the problems as is. Sort of like the bugs that have existed for years...
            Huh? What's wrong right now?
            22nd September 2017

            Comment


            • #36
              I think the upcoming changes will be fine to rebalance things, but if I were doing anything more sweeping:

              1. Legendary Story should be harder and give significantly better rewards (blue or better; NO grey, NO green).

              2. Misty Island should almost always give at least 1 Named or Set item per run, so that the keys are meaningful. Sure, they might be low quality (green on Normal/Heroic, or blue at Legendary), but at least you get something cool. Misty Island is gated by Keys / 100 gems, so make it exciting to farm. Just getting non-Set/non-Named Legendary item is just garbage.

              3. I like the idea of adding Dungeons on the other planets - that would be a nice change of pace, especially if one were biased more toward Set items, and the other biased toward Named items.

              4. Adding Nightmare Mode is interesting, if it doesn't allow you to Revive at all.

              5. Add the giant Lizard from planet 2 to the Ladder!

              6. Allow players to Reforge Adventurer gear from one Class to another. It's exactly the same stuff, so pay the Reforge fee to make the Mage version into the Warrior version.

              7. Allow players to Reforge Set items to get another Set item of the same type (and Set). It's dumb that they just get trashed. Just force confirmation for each Set / Named item being put in the hopper.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by giecomo View Post

                Huh? What's wrong right now?
                Story mode is pointless (easy with no rewards), gameplay is repetitive (no variety). If you like crunching numbers to create the perfect build, which is the same as everyone else, and button mashing for gameplay in the generic randomness of a trial, then nothing is wrong. But that isn't a recipe for a lasting game.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by BAgate View Post

                  I think it is more important to get things right now and then add to it,
                  Originally posted by BAgate View Post

                  Story mode is pointless (easy with no rewards
                  Well yeah when they add Act IV they might fix up story mode a little.

                  And as for gameplay repetition, they're working on MP. But in the meantime while waiting, giving us new content would help with the wait. Definitely more than adding a 'Celestial' mode which was the comment I was responding to.
                  22nd September 2017

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Oh, yeah, forgot to add: Allow BH to use Shields off hand!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by GrauGeist View Post
                      Oh, yeah, forgot to add: Allow BH to use Shields off hand!
                      Please don't

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by giecomo View Post



                        Well yeah when they add Act IV they might fix up story mode a little.

                        And as for gameplay repetition, they're working on MP. But in the meantime while waiting, giving us new content would help with the wait. Definitely more than adding a 'Celestial' mode which was the comment I was responding to.
                        1) They can't fix story mode with an act 4. Players have to be able to progress through normal to get to heroic, etc, so act 4 can't be too much tougher than act 3 (i.e. act 4 normal should fall between act 3 normal and act 1 heroic). Thus even a legendary act 4 won't be able to compete with high level trials in difficulty/rewards under the current model.

                        2) multiplayer will lose its appeal pretty quickly if everyone is the same. so adjusting the framework to allow diversity needs to be a priority.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by BAgate View Post

                          1) They can't fix story mode with an act 4. Players have to be able to progress through normal to get to heroic, etc, so act 4 can't be too much tougher than act 3 (i.e. act 4 normal should fall between act 3 normal and act 1 heroic). Thus even a legendary act 4 won't be able to compete with high level trials in difficulty/rewards under the current model.

                          2) multiplayer will lose its appeal pretty quickly if everyone is the same. so adjusting the framework to allow diversity needs to be a priority.
                          I don't mean Act 4 will fix story mode. I meant with the release of Act 4 there might be other changes alongside it that would fix up story mode a little.

                          And I don't understand, so what are you asking for exactly? You mention there's repetition and are asking for diversity, what exactly do you have in mind? Because what I'm thinking is, MP will definitely help with repetition since there will probably be dungeons and quests and the likes, it won't be literally just multiplayer where we can see other players and say hi to them and nothing else in the game changes.
                          22nd September 2017

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            giecomo -

                            1) that's asking a lot. we're saying they should concentrate on fixing things before releasing new content, not assuming they will do it all at once.

                            2) read arionthe's posts in this thread. When we talk about variety, we mean making it so everyone doesn't play cookie cutter builds. You shouldn't be able to look at the top of the leaderboard and see everyone the same. Thee shouldn't be just one 'style' of play. Adding dungeons and quests doesn't solve this, it merely gives you more things to do with your cookie cutter build.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by hades0505 View Post
                              Please don't
                              Why shouldn't BH use Shields?

                              Allowing BH to share shields would open up new possibilities for gameplay options and builds. BH would still have their guns, still wouldn't use HtH weapons. So what's the problem?

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by GrauGeist View Post

                                Why shouldn't BH use Shields?

                                Allowing BH to share shields would open up new possibilities for gameplay options and builds. BH would still have their guns, still wouldn't use HtH weapons. So what's the problem?
                                Why would a BH wear a shield? It doesn't make sense.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X