Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post for Devs. About the future of Eternium.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with most parts except the daily quest suggestion. I boot up the game to play Eternium, not to spend 20 mins trying to complete daily quests to get the 100 gems before I can start playing.
    22nd September 2017

Comment

Yeah, don't remove or change the daily quests. I like them how they are. They're perfect, imo.

And they won't remove celestial items nor p-rare boxes. they JUST added them in. Celestials are a way to boost player HP without knocking down damage. That's a good thing to have for the future. The main reason why they won't remove p-rare boxes is because they don't want their player base spending so much damn time crafting jewelry vs actually PLAYING the game. And no, spending DAYS of one's life click click clicking to MAYBE get a few pieces of near-perfect or perfect uncommons is NOT what the devs intended for this game. THAT is a true waste of time. If I'm going to spend some of my time playing Eternium, I want to be doing things that the play store says I'll be doing... such as destroying enemies, adventuring, slaying massive bosses. You know... A(CTION)RPG stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterK View Post
        Nightmare story mode: Each level in the story becomes proportionally harder relative to the characters capacity. Along with proportional rewards.
        Oh yea! Making Story 4 like this would be epic! A story mode with greater difficulty and ranking closer to TL80+ in exp and gear at the final levels of the story but still having the gemstone collection advantage of story mode. The trial levels can still reap the best EXP gains and Gear Farming to make fair and possibly further increasing the stat rolls RNG and adding Tear 3 Gemstone Drops in TL100+. This would only get more people interested in story mode, but also further advancement in Trial Levels. It also means you do not have to rely on Trial levels for EXP and Gear and you don't half to do story mode for gemstones.
        Last edited by mattks1; 03-12-2018, 04:19 PM.

Comment

The p-rare boxes must not be removed,rather made more available.Gemstone farming is the most boring part of this game,add in endless clicking for purchasing rings and necklaces and you have the definition of tedious.And the fact that Devs constantly change the importance and value of stats(which I hate,but understand to some extent),means we need MORE p-rare boxes rather then eliminating them.For instance,haste will likely be nerfed soon and you will end up with a potentially undesirable haste intensive ring.Crafting those rings again and again only for Devs to render the stats less valuable is sometimes very frustrating.

All other suggestions are good,apart from the daily one.
          Last edited by Primus; 03-12-2018, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Primus View Post
            The p-rare boxes must not be removed,rather made more available.Gemstone farming is the most boring part of this game,add in endless clicking for purchasing rings and necklaces and you have the definition of tedious.And the fact that Devs constantly change the importance and value of stats(which I hate,but understand to some extent),means we need MORE p-rare boxes rather then eliminating them.For instance,haste will likely be nerfed soon and you will end up with a potentially undesirable haste intensive ring.Crafting those rings again and again only for Devs to render the stats less valuable is sometimes very frustrating.

All other suggestions are good,apart from the daily one.
            Spending 1-2 months to collect Brilliants for a Perfect Set, the a day or two collecting random stat greens. After completing this, you tell yourself, I will DOMINATE the game now and in reality, all you had to do was make Near Perfect 87-90 range stats with Radiant Gemstones in about 3 days or less worth of effort to reap the larger part of the benefit of Jewelry to make the advancements in the game. Yes, jewelry crafting needs some attention to make the game more enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by mattks1 View Post

Spending 1-2 months to collect Brilliants for a Perfect Set, the a day or two collecting random stat greens. After completing this, you tell yourself, I will DOMINATE the game now and in reality, all you had to do was make Near Perfect 87-90 range stats with Radiant Gemstones in about 3 days or less worth of effort to reap the larger part of the benefit of Jewelry to make the advancements in the game. Yes, jewelry crafting needs some attention to make the game more enjoyable.
              They are also considering to make CR linear,LOL the need to farm Topazes will reach trollish level if that happens.

Comment

Hi people. About the daily quests. Nobody is asking them to delete. It's about changing and diversifying tasks. All questions to Dyoma, this is his idea.
                Admin of the largest russian-speaking Eternium community (6000+ m.)
                Live dinosaur of M&M/Eternium. Only Android play almost 4 years.
                Community activity stopped !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bart the warrior View Post
                  Hi people. About the daily quests. Nobody is asking them to delete. It's about changing and diversifying tasks. All questions to Dyoma , this is his idea.
                  Right. But they don't need to be changed. How they are, right now, is a perfect & easy way to acquire 100 gems without spending tons of time doing so. Merloks, 100 enemies, archers, elites, sisters. What else needs to be added? And how is 20 gems for 10 dead elite enemies 'too simple'? Realistically, 20 gems is <2 minutes of ad boxes, so each quest should reflect that level of difficulty via time investment. Should it be 20 dead elites? 30? 40? This creates a time bottleneck for new players. I say leave it as is. It's fine.

If you don't want to blow it apart with a TL110 character, keep a low level character around to do your 5 dailes with. Give yourself a challenge.

Comment

The idea just came to me, but I think it should be an easier addition to the game. Instead of adding a 4th part in story mode, devs could add Celestial Story Mode in which the difficulty is TL80-90 level but with no time limit just like regular story mode. The exp earned and gear drops would increase but not at the same level as TL90+ to keep Trial Mode playable for those who prefer it over story mode. Also in Celestial Story Mode only you would be offered rarely a chance to find a Teir 3 gemstone drop.

Just Guessing at the numbers here and they are not stating what is necessarily current but a suggestion:
                    Normal Story Mode Lv70 = TL10-20
                    Heroic Story Mode Lv70 = TL20-30
                    Legendary Story Mode Lv70 = TL30-40
                    Celestial Story Mode Lv70 = TL80-90 (Yes a suggested drastic increase in difficulty but greater rewards and exp)

Comment

Flushed out End Game Dungeon Idea:

Dungeon entry: Portals created in hometown, using the new crafting system. Ingredients include a rare drop (how rare depending on the Devs) from certain map stages. Story wise it should make sense. I will give an example dungeon later in this post.

Co-op max: Each dungeon has a max player limit, for example 4 player max, 8 player max etc. However a dungeon can be attempted with less than max players.

Dungeon difficulty: Multiple difficulty settings for the dungeon. This can be controlled by the crafting process. For example: rare drop plus common gem gets normal difficulty, rare drop plus teardrop gem gets heroic difficulty, and rare drop plus brilliant gem gets legendary difficulty. Dungeon difficulty will control how tough the mobs are in the dungeon as well as how good the final rewards will be.

Dungeon setup: could be single map or multi map/stage. However each stage is timed. The difference is that when the timer is up, you don't fail. All mobs for the stage is respawned with a 10% increase in Dmg and HP compared to before and 5% DECREASE in XP earned. The meter to summon the boss is also reset to zero thus forcing the player to effectively redo the map while dealing with tougher mobs. The map/stage timer is also reset to original number. This continues so the mobs get tougher and tougher and exp shrinks. Multiple failures at clearing the map in time will render the dungeon raid effectively impossible.

Timer impact on boss: Each failure at clearing the map in time will also result in a buff to the Boss, similar to what happens to the trash mobs.

Dungeon boss: each stage has its own boss and if the dungeon is multi stage, a final boss. I think it could be fun for the boss fight to be more than just the boss. Boss should have its helpers. Boss needs to have some kind of healing mechanic that players will need to proactively disrupt. This is so without correct strategy, any boss should not be possible to be taken down.

Special Boss mechanic: When boss's HP drops to certain %, there is a chance (increased with the dungeon difficulty) for the Boss to go berserk. For lower level dungeons, the dungeon boss essentially respawn as its one tier higher boss equivalent. Ie normal final boss becomes heoric final boss in terms of stats. This actually should be welcomed as the boss drop table will correspondingly improve to that higher tier boss drop table. If it's already the highest tier dungeon and the boss goes berserk, then the boss stats essentially increase by 50% (or whatever finetuning the devs feel like). The benefit will be the drop % for the rarest item (boss specific) gets doubled or tripled.

Boss drops: Each Boss should have its own unique item in the drop table. Different tiers will have different possible stat ranges for the drop. For example normal tier will drop 80-90% of stat max for that item, heroic will drop 90-95% of stat max, legendary will drop 95%-100% of stat max. Legendary tier dungeon and the boss goes berserk will drop 99%-100% of stat max plus the drop chance increases, see above. There is no 100% drop rate for the boss kill of that boss specific item. Also any custom/celestial boxes should not be able to make boss specific drops. Reserve those to the truly heroic amongst us.

Example dungeon:
                      The Jailer: Ragadam didn't just send the TBD to Elderath. He sent one of his most trusted lieutenant, the Jailer, as well. His job is to periodically reinforce the pain and the suffering TBD feels so that her mind stays broken and chained to Ragadam's will. When players defeat TBD (legendary mode only), there is a very small chance, 2%?, for a key to drop. This is the Jailer's Key, the rare ingredient that can be crafted into a portal stone to open a pathway into the Jailer's Dungeon.

Dungeon setup: Single map stage. Skeletons and undead roams the dungeon. Normal difficulty ~TL90. Heroic difficulty ~TL100. Legendary difficulty ~TL110. Stage timer is 15mins, 3 Player Max. Dungeon difficulty is also scaled by # of players entering the dungeon.

Boss reward: a way for players to roll for the rewards using in game dice.

Jailer's unique drop: Jailer's Painstick/Anal probe.
                      Type: Weapon
                      Subtype: Staff
                      Stats: blah blah, 4 random stats plus 5th stat that is always 90Power
                      Special: Upto 10% chance to summon a Skeleton archer to fight for you whenever you perform an attack plus upto 5% SKILL CD reduction.
                      Basically a better version of Murk and mages want meatshields and faster spam of abilities.

Ideally all the best gear should be boss specific drops, not even celestial.
                      Last edited by Arionthe; 03-12-2018, 09:54 PM. Reason: Expanded Dungeon setup, map timer, and boss healing
                      GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

The idea just came to me, but I think it should be an easier addition to the game. Instead of adding a 4th part in story mode, devs could add Celestial Story Mode in which the difficulty is TL80-90 level but with no time limit just like regular story mode. The exp earned and gear drops would increase but not at the same level as TL90+ to keep Trial Mode playable for those who prefer it over story mode. Also in Celestial Story Mode only you would be offered rarely a chance to find a Teir 3 gemstone drop.

Just Guessing at the numbers here and they are not stating what is necessarily current but a suggestion:
                        Normal Story Mode Lv70 = TL10-20
                        Heroic Story Mode Lv70 = TL20-30
                        Legendary Story Mode Lv70 = TL30-40
                        Celestial Story Mode Lv70 = TL80-90 (Yes a suggested drastic increase in difficulty but greater rewards and exp)
                        No. We don't need to run the 3 acts ever again. They've been run enough. NEW content is more important than higher difficulties of the same content.

After running story mode multiple times on multiple characters, plus another 3 times during New Beginnings... please devs, do NOT listen to matt's suggestion. New content must be a priority. Add a new difficulty only after you've added a great deal more new story content.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterK View Post
                          Nightmare story mode: Each level in the story becomes proportionally harder relative to the characters capacity. Along with proportional rewards.
                          Good Idea!

Comment

Maybe add some enviornmental/ground damage from land mines etc etc etc lightning strikes/weather damage etc etc etc...closest thing that i've seen so far is the tornados in the dungeon

Comment

Originally posted by Rytrik View Post

No. We don't need to run the 3 acts ever again. They've been run enough. NEW content is more important than higher difficulties of the same content.

After running story mode multiple times on multiple characters, plus another 3 times during New Beginnings... please devs, do NOT listen to matt's suggestion. New content must be a priority. Add a new difficulty only after you've added a great deal more new story content.
                              The could do both, adding another Part in Story mode and adding a new Difficulty Level in Story Mode. I do see your point, because Story 1-3 has been played over and over and over again and we are pretty bored with it already.

Comment

The could do both, adding another Part in Story mode and adding a new Difficulty Level in Story Mode. I do see your point, because Story 1-3 has been played over and over and over again and we are pretty bored with it already.
                                The reason it would be harder for them to do both is because now you're also asking them split focus between creating new content AND creating balance in this new difficulty level. To tweak it so that it's the right level of difficulty, as well as the right level of gear drops & gems & stuff. That's a bunch of extra work and focus to add a new difficulty level. Work and focus which could be better put to new content.

Remember, the entire dev team is only 4 people...

Which do you care more about: NEW content, or rehashed old content at a higher difficulty? As I said, it's 4 people on the dev team.. who also need to live their lives BEYOND making the game. I'd be hoping that they're each having ample time to go home and have intimate time with their partner. I'd rather have that & new content vs a higher difficulty level.

Comment

Working...
                                X