Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post for Devs. About the future of Eternium.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrauGeist View Post
    No, I've not played Diablo since the first version. Just because Diablo did it badly is not a good reason to have such grossly-unbalanced equipment access.

And let's not forget, this is just my suggestion to the devs
    I can bring up a number of examples(some ARPG some not) where there are casters wielding shields(or potential builds that require a shield):
    -Final Fantasy series.
    -Tales of series.
    -Baldur's Gate
    -Pilars of Eternity
    -Tyranny
    - Path of exile

And I could keep going for a while.

Comment

And I can bring up the granddaddy of RPGs specifically denying casters heavy armor, much less shields - D&D.

Regardless, it's bad balance for Mages to have access to every Warrior weapon *plus* Staves, while the BH only has Guns.

Comment

Originally posted by GrauGeist View Post
        And I can bring up the granddaddy of RPGs specifically denying casters heavy armor, much less shields - D&D.

Regardless, it's bad balance for Mages to have access to every Warrior weapon *plus* Staves, while the BH only has Guns.
        Have you played a mage at higher trials? You've even said that you got your mage to 70, then ditched it. Why are you on such a crusade to nerf mages?

Comment

I've played my Mages at high enough trials, before switching to BH. I have THREE of them at 70. When pretty much every Mage is running Necronomicon, I fail to see how taking Shields from Mages is any sort of significant nerf, particularly as it'd be trivial to create new class-specific Named equipment.

And to be clear, my crusade is actually to differentiate the classes better, something that the devs have done a bad job of. It's poor design to have the Mage and Warrior share so much gear, when the classes should be radically different in obvious ways. Taking Shields from Mages helps accomplish that. So would pulling Maces and Axes. And why shouldn't Maces and Axes be Warrior-specific? It'd be much better differentiation if Warriors were the only class to get Maces and Axes, while only Mages got Tomes and Staves and only BH got Guns and ???.

Comment

GrauGeist, give it up. I've been down this road before. The people here just love their sword and shield wielding mages.

Comment

Originally posted by BAgate View Post
              GrauGeist, give it up. I've been down this road before. The people here just love their sword and shield wielding mages.
              Lol
              ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
              ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
              Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Originally posted by BAgate View Post
                Duly noted, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X