No announcement yet.

MOBILE: FIX THE GARBAGE CONTROLS & TARGETING PLEASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe it has been decided that bosses have additional problems because their weapons and such are part of their hit boxes and they expand the hit box even when boss has only decided to attack and hasnt
    Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
    Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
    see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
    and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
    It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Goethe
      I play on mobile only (LG G4) and never had problems with my warrior. Although due to the lak of dmg of the ww I am only grinding the 100 trial. I have to admit though that at some points as the gear wasn't that good, I really had to focus and tap like a mad man to finish a trial. Are the other chars worse playing? I guess www is pretty easy to handle.
      A lot of it depends on Movement Speed. The faster your toon moves, relative to an enemy, the greater the offset between where that enemy is appearing at the time and where you actually have to tap to target that enemy. With my BH, at ~34fps MS, I'm tapping completely beside enemies to target while moving, to the point where the enemy is *completely* visible beside my finger instead of covered up by it. That shouldn't be happening.

Warrior will have an easier time against that than Mage and BH because mobility and range aren't as important to him. Running right up to the enemy instead of targeting them at range doesn't make a difference because he's supposed to be up-close anyway.

Purple, if I'm tapping on a mob and only hitting the pixels in between the enemies, THEN THE ENEMY HITBOXES AREN'T BIG ENOUGH -- which has (surprise, surprise) been my point *this entire time.* Thank you for helping me prove it even further. ;-)

I can kill the boss in under 3 minutes when the game follows the rules and the controls don't sketch out. But as evidenced by this thread's existence, *that's only the case part of the time.* When you can't confidently target Magroth at max range because you're not sure if your toon is going to actually target him or just run right into that oncoming meteor strike... well, that costs seconds. And that's a *minor* example of what I'm talking about.

My point about 20% pulls is that when you're doing that with a Mage, it usually requires a *lot* of commands. It's costly any time the engine can't keep up, and it diminishes huge pulls as a viable playstyle option.

Orion, I've been *watching* ^'s turn into >'s following a trace. It's right there on the screen. You'd have to be blind to not see it. Likewise for unresponsive movement. I'm not tapping somewhere the toon can't go. Instead, I'm tapping open space to evade a boss attack by moving a 1/4 of a screen, and then sitting there wondering why my toon is still running away 1.5 screens later despite me *drilling* my finger in the opposite direction over and over again. You can't say it's device lag when it's just the toon and the boss and the game is running at the more minimal settings I run it at.

Rytrik & GG, I've got 2 Mages and 1 BH at CL ~910 and TL 94/87/82 after only, what, 2 months of cas playing? 3 months max? That TL87 Mage was also my ANB2 toon, and I haven't tried to push a single TL higher with her since that Event (she's my XP farmer). Same with the BH, who I just use for gemstone farming because he's weaksauce due to a lack of good drops and a lot less Synergy.

So I'm pretty sure that's "skilled" enough for me to know what I'm talking about here. You two act like a person has to be at the top of a pointless LB to know when a game is having major issues for no good reason.
      Champion Level 1035 -

Artemis (DPS Mage): 920K/104K/25K, TL94
      Synergy 178 • Arc/Adv 4/2 • Marcus, Robin, Endar

Estrago (Bounty Hunter): 482K/142K/51K, TL87
      Synergy 101 • Havoc 4 • Marcus, Robin

Athena (XP Mage): 446K/85K/22K, TL91
      Synergy 129 • Adv/Arc 4/2 • Marcus, Eileen, Robin

Mobile • As Of May 24th, 2018

#JustSpamLess: Responsive Controls Are For Skrebz

Comment

One note, distance targeting and targeting on the move is much more accurate using secondary attack rather than primary.
        Dyoma Crown
        Dyoma Crown Total: 434

Mage: 143
        Warrior (DW): 148
        BH: 143

Warrior (SW): 138

Comment

I don't play PC...
          Dyoma Crown

Comment

Originally posted by orion_134 View Post
            I don't play PC...
            n00bs dont play on PC. I guess you are a n00b...

114. 116.
            ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
            ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
            Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

One note, distance targeting and targeting on the move is much more accurate using secondary attack rather than primary.
              Yeah, because you're mashing two fingers down at once, so you're casting a wider net. Throw enough poo at a wall, and sure, some of it'll stick eventually. ;-)

Problem is, whether or not the control RNG is going to center the attack on your index finger or your middle finger. That's a gamble every single time (when the commands actually register, that is). And it still doesn't fix 1-finger targeting or plain ol' failures to target.

Bottom line is that the controls and targeting are garbage. They need to be taken back to the drawing board, because they're severely sub-par and ruining the game at this point. But I doubt that'll ever happen. Players are practically screaming for a laundry list of updates and expansions and fixes, but evidently flowers and IAPs are more of a priority.

Sorry to bump this thread, but that's just how bad these issues are. :-\
              Champion Level 1035 -

Comment

Originally posted by Melchiah View Post

Problem is, whether or not the control RNG is going to center the attack on your index finger or your middle finger. That's a gamble every single time (when the commands actually register, that is). And it still doesn't fix 1-finger targeting or plain ol' failures to target.
                I understand why you were asking about that orion_134. Time for me to also.
                ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
                ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
                Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Forum traffic is much quieter and less wahh now.
                  Dyoma Crown

Comment

Forum traffic is much quieter and less wahh now.
                    For me too, and another reason is that Cultusfit girlfriend is visiting him =) Make a poll about her moving in or not

Comment

Originally posted by Tessla View Post

Make a poll about her moving in or not

Comment

Originally posted by Tessla View Post

For me too, and another reason is that Cultusfit girlfriend is visiting him =) Make a poll about her moving in or not
                        Poor guy. RIP CultusFit. :-(

Controls/targeting still garbage btw.
                        Champion Level 1035 -

Comment

Reminder Bump: Controls and targeting are still garbage.

But keep those mini-Event IAPs coming, guys, because we all know that nothing opens up wallets like lazy code. ;-)
                          Champion Level 1035 -

Comment

FWIW, casual events take absolutely zero development time.

Comment

And FWIW, mobile controls act like they're run by a RNG with a 50/50 configuration. You've got players in another thread seriously talking about donning finger attachments as a workaround for the game's inability to perform its most basic function of reading a digitizer. Doesn't sound like dotted i's or crossed t's to me.
                              Champion Level 1035 -

Comment

If the game is as bad as you say it is (it's not), you should quit and find something else to play.

Comment

Working...
                                X