X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I'm not some +1 spammer... :eyeroll:

Comment

Hello, I am Edsel, the newest newcomer and want any advice/tutorials available to start off correctly. This game appears functional and complex, unlike my previous gaming experience. I appreciate forums and how much they offer in gameplay, it is refreshing to see so much activity here.

Comment

PGB the person you tagged isn't Travis, he has some interesting characters in his name so people won't tag him (since he reads everything anyways and doesn't need more useless notifications)

Comment

Hi, the special effects of some items needs exact description. For example, the one that spam skeletons. What are their HP, DPS ? Does it increases with our level ?
          the item that give us a shield ? How daages are absorbed etc...
          LIMU QADI LISI 7351

Comment

The gemstone double click.. Used to drag all my gems manually to my stash... Then lag showed me a better way.
            I actually thought the stack of gems was somehow gone when lag caused me to double click the stack. Took me a couple seconds to see that it was in my stash. Small but useful info.
            QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635
            Hacker, not to be confused with cheater or cracker

Comment

Originally posted by Skyla View Post
              The gemstone double click.. Used to drag all my gems manually to my stash... Then lag showed me a better way.
              I actually thought the stack of gems was somehow gone when lag caused me to double click the stack. Took me a couple seconds to see that it was in my stash. Small but useful info.
              That feature was only added to the game in a recent update.

Comment

Not understanding that everything in the level flew to you at the end, and trying to tap all chests (instead of just getting near) and picking up all items (instead of waiting) was my biggest thing. I think it'd be nice if all items just flew to your hero on drop, maybe 3 seconds after they drop. It would be more clear for sure. Although you would lose the "gold fountain" effect at the end... (One super nice thing: I love how items fly to you then bounce off when your inventory is full. That was a great design idea.)

Jewelry is a mess. You know that. You're fixing that.

Some stats/descriptions are still not complete. I know it's hard to balance wordiness/interface with explanation/clarity. It's really hard. "Damage reflected" is a common one people don't understand (I do because I played the Diablo games); also things like the fact that Snipe stuns/interrupts is HUGE but undocumented. Sometimes you just have to play with skills to understand them - which is fine - but sometimes it'd be nice. (Changing "haste" to "attacks per second" on the character sheet was another good idea.)

Combining gems is something I feel like I did on accident before I realized what to do. Part of an inventory management game is learning what to keep and what to dump but yeah, they're more important than you'd think. Can you get rid of books or make them disappear after being read? That would be nice.

Once I beat the normal story mode I was confused on what to do. I didn't know you could increase the story levels until I read it here. Heroic was too hard at first but trials were also confusing. It's sort of weird that trials 1-6 are 100% different than trials 7-inifinty (level of monsters). (It was strange to have such a hard time with trial 6 but then go from 7 to 10 to 20 to 30...)

A lot of your interface is pretty straightforward, but I had two huge advantages: playing Diablo games, and reading the forum. It's hard to say how intuitive this would all be without those two things.

Comment

Smoothing the flow of action in the Hometown concerning inventory, stash, and item actions (crafting, selling, ...). A possibility is to have two panes that hold two of the chosen three.

Comment

Originally posted by Chosen View Post
                    Maybe your desire to increase your post count hinders your ability to read/comprehend, who knows...
                    Originally posted by GrauGeist View Post
                    No, I'm not some +1 spammer... :eyeroll:
                    I'm looking forward to an upgrade with PVP. LOL

Comment

I think this upgrade has gone fairly well.

Comment

For a good 1 and 1/2 months of playing, I was under the impression that expanding lines in the stash consumes gems, instead of gold. I had to make space by opening up additional tabs with my hard earned gems, thinking each subsequent stash line is worth 1000 gems. I was conserving my stash and inventory space by switching to multiple characters (where I also has to expand their inventories). Crafting jewelries were a pain in the behind, and I was hard-pressed saving max-stat uncommon jewelries because I kept of running out of space. Haha

Comment

Been playing for 7 weeks now, so here's my list:

* I totally didn't realize items would fly to me at the end of a level. Spent a lot of time zooming around over all the gold and item drops
                          * I didn't know that you socketed gems simply by dragging them over gear (took like 1s to figure out but still)
                          * Would have socketed gems earlier if I'd realized they could be removed for a small gold fee
                          * Didn't realize one hero's actions would fulfill the daily quests of other heroes. Spent a few days accepting daily on hero 1, finishing quest, load hero 2, accept quest, finish quest, load hero 3. Figured it out in a few days
                          * Saved a ton of gear during my first hero's leveling up only to realize after that everything except capes and some weapons are sharable across classes.

Also, everything about trials I wrote down here: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...sic-trial-faqs

Comment

Originally posted by hp9000 View Post
                            ...Spent a few days accepting daily on hero 1, finishing quest, load hero 2, accept quest, finish quest, load hero 3.
                            For the record, this is actually how it's supposed to work. It's a known issue that will eventually be fixed.

Comment

All the crafting processes arent explain in the game and players have to read up on the forum or the wiki. Had no idea gemstones could be used for the jewelry crafting process initially.
                              Last edited by xfool; 10-03-2018, 05:36 PM.
                              Currently playing hundred soul...

Comment

I was reminded of another very dumb noob issue doing a daily recently: I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out how to open the barrel in Marcus' Village. Later I realized you don't interact with things that way in this game but it's the third level you hit and when you've been playing all of ten minutes and basing your experience on other games, the fact that a dialog is all "ooh is someone in that barrel?" made me think I was supposed to investigate. If and when you redo those levels, I'd consider removing that dialog. It doesn't add much to the game and is pretty misleading when you're brand new.

Comment

Working...
                                X