Leave a comment:

• Coda
    replied
    Travis ... videos here

Leave a comment:

• Purple Potato
    replied
    Originally posted by Coda View Post
    There are several spots where your character being there will trigger hidden enemies to spawn.

With respect to the Speed Run, the worst of these is the last bridge, the long one with the railroad tracks. Running through the middle of this bridge triggers delayed waves of spawns.

A mage can BLINK past this spot and avoid the trap being sprung. Minions do not trigger it.

This saves time having to stop and wait for each wave, and kill them, in order to get combat to disengage at the end. Be sure to save a BLINK for that spot!
    I found tapping above the bridge to the right of your character makes you walk past it without triggering it too.
    Last edited by Purple Potato; 05-08-2018, 08:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Coda
    replied
    There are several spots where your character being there will trigger hidden enemies to spawn.

With respect to the Speed Run, the worst of these is the last bridge, the long one with the railroad tracks. Running through the middle of this bridge triggers delayed waves of spawns.

A mage can BLINK past this spot and avoid the trap being sprung. Minions do not trigger it.

This saves time having to stop and wait for each wave, and kill them, in order to get combat to disengage at the end. Be sure to save a BLINK for that spot!

Leave a comment:

• Cultusfit
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post

I ran TBD and tried gathering a bunch of mobs up and it worked for the one in "kill X amount of enemies in 24 seconds"
    I'll try TBD....there are alot of enemies that arent too bad. Should be able turn of minnions and kite just about all of them to the end and shoot a snipe through the whole lot.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Potato
    replied
    Originally posted by Cultusfit View Post

I see alot of people having problems with this...yet I didn't.
    BH smoke screen at beginning with feet foot and no minions. Run to end and cycle abilities on bosses.

Amazingly only one I have found hard is the killing x number of enemies in the time limit...I can't find enough enemies....
    I'll go to low trials kite them all into one place.... Run different levels with large groups...and yet I'm always short the number
    I ran TBD and tried gathering a bunch of mobs up and it worked for the one in "kill X amount of enemies in 24 seconds"

Leave a comment:

• Cultusfit
    replied
    Originally posted by Coda View Post
    It's one of the hardest achievements !
    I see alot of people having problems with this...yet I didn't.
    BH smoke screen at beginning with feet foot and no minions. Run to end and cycle abilities on bosses.

Amazingly only one I have found hard is the killing x number of enemies in the time limit...I can't find enough enemies....
    I'll go to low trials kite them all into one place.... Run different levels with large groups...and yet I'm always short the number

Leave a comment:

• GrauGeist
    replied
    44 seconds tonight, straight speed run, skipping the mobs. No teleports, no leaps, just running fast.
    Assault BH with +50 Move from CL, boots and pants.

Easy.

Leave a comment:

• Graius
    replied
    I don't know if this achievement was really hard to a certain extent, all I knew is that the "original version" of Descent was somewhat easy, I can't even remember how I worked through it! Then again, I forgot what the map originally looked like, can someone care and post an old map, then compare if it really justifies being an achievement for the newer map. haha

Leave a comment:

• Rytrik
    replied
    I found another possible route for the warrior. It MAY be faster than our current route.

This one requires you to go through the initial part of the maze, but hug the right, and Leap where the red arrow is. It takes you to the lower alcove just before the final elite mobs. I believe a person can use a Leap and a Charge to get to that spot rapidly, and if you do a leap first, it'll be cooled down by the time you get to the arrow alcove.

I've already completed The Descent speed run, so I can't test to see whether it's faster than jumping the first wall.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Coda
    replied
    Added videos of all 3 classes. Updated tips (no minions, lower the enemy level to 60).

Leave a comment:

• Foodie
    replied
    As a Warrior, I preferred to Leap north at the point right in the middle of the map. That spot lets you bypass the bridge where mobs have delayed spawn.

Leave a comment:

• Coda
    replied
    Added a consolidated list of Tips to the main post.

Leave a comment:

• Rytrik
    replied
    42 seconds on Descent tonight ;-)

narf nailed this one. With CL points maxed into MS and as many as possible into AR, you can Leap one of the first walls as a warrior, and get a second leap in just before the boss area to cut down extra seconds.

I loved this challenge. So glad they added it.
    Last edited by Rytrik; 11-28-2017, 02:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ken Ihrig
    replied
    After they changed the logic so that MOBs no longer follow you I just went in with my warrior and battle raged to the end. The first time I had forgotten the map and aborted half way through. Second time I got Speed Run award. Third time under 45 second Speed Run. It really didn't seem like an accomplishment.,,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X