Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AxtarOne
    commented on 's reply
    Interesting idea. Can someone please tell me the main purpose of doing 5 star in the story mode?

• Wulfric
    commented on 's reply
    You might want to keep space no 5 free so you can take your ANB toon into your main account, 5 star the story mode on all three difficulties then delete it to get some of the red gem costs sunk into that ANB toon back.

• Arhi
    commented on 's reply
    Ah, I see. It's a long process to get fully CTed, though.

• AxtarOne
    commented on 's reply
    I do have a warrior character that has 4 Warlord and 2 Fury armor pieces. But I am at the stage of the game where I am deciding which 5 characters to use in my account, and I have decided to have slots for 2 warriors, 2 mages, and 1 bounty hunter. The 2nd warrior slot will probably be used for a shield warrior.

• AxtarOne
    commented on 's reply
    I was referring to the Warrior season leaderboard. I see a few Defender/Blackguard builds with trial levels above 150 there. Granted, they are not in the top 10, but being above trial level 150 is respectable considering that this is one of the few builds to use a shield.

• AxtarOne
    commented on 's reply
    After posting a question on Stormcaller in another subforum, I learned that the full 6-piece Stormcaller set is pretty strong (even though it costs a lot of glory points, it still has high showings in the leaderboard). So back to the question of using Deflect Rating, it might be a good alternative to using Mage Armor or the Belt of Arcane Shielding for leveraging the Acamar bonus.

• Arhi
    commented on 's reply
    What leaderboard? The first ten spots in both anb and season is a cleave build. If you mean noob leaderboards then don't go by them for obvious reasons.

Also, fire lily is good for farming, with 6 fury. But only up to trial 80.

4warlord+2fury Armor, bladestorm weapons, talisman of storms , and you don't need critical rating at all.

• AxtarOne
    commented on 's reply
    Agree that the choice of which stat benefits the character most should be the main factor for consideration. I would like to also point out that with a limited set of gems and jewelry boxes, there is a tradeoff between making those rings first and waiting until there is a greater supply of gems and jewelry boxes to boost those same stats--whereas the stats not affected by gems does not pose the same tradeoff (there is still a tradeoff, but it is smaller--your jewelry boxes can help you roll perfect rolls for both categories of stats, but they can replace gems for only the stats that can be boosted by gems).
    Last edited by AxtarOne; 01-04-2022, 01:00 PM.

• Kardinaal
    commented on 's reply
    I must say I never did any calculations on the usefulness of stats in general, or did any generalist comparison.

I just wanted to clarify that there is a sort of price for choosing a possible stat only on the fact if you need to boost it with gems or not. For rings just used once in Anb, it’s definitely worth considering, but for “permanent” rings, just go with the stuff that benefits your char most and if that means extra gems, so be it.

• AxtarOne
    replied
    Originally posted by Kardinaal View Post

a ring with 4 stats boostable by gemstones will have higher overall stats compared to a ring with 4 stats that have no gem boost. So I would choose the stats I need more over stats I need less even if it meant paying more gems for the ring.
    How are you able to compare the stats in the 1st group (the ones that work with gems) with those in the 2nd group (the ones that don't work with gems)?

For example, does the Critical Rating stat with an orange gem tend to achieve better results than the Critical Damage stat with no gems, and what measurement is used to back up this conclusion?

I am not trying to be critical of your statement, but I would like to better understand it.
    Last edited by AxtarOne; 01-04-2022, 02:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AxtarOne
    commented on 's reply
    I was wondering why none of the Defender/Blackguard warriors in the leaderboards used a Fire Lily (though your signature seems to indicate that you are doing so). Therefore, I wanted to be open to the option of using one with a ring that has Block Rating. But if it turns out that the Fire Lily loses to the critical-oriented trinkets like Talisman of Storms for this kind of character, then I will be happy to replace Power and Haste with Critical Damage and Critical Rating.

• AxtarOne
    commented on 's reply
    I see a few mage builds in the 150+ trial levels using Stormcaller Regalia Vestments/Forbidden Knowledge/Arcane Belt of Shielding.

This belt provides the Deflect Rating stat, but at the price of an armor penalty. I guess the stat would be useful for this type of character if you don't want to suffer the armor penalty from the belt.

Currently, I have limited this stat to be in only the Farming 1 template (since I can farm on easier trial levels, and I can save the better stats for other templates), but I might create a Mage 2 template for this type of character (actually, I already created one non-farming ring with Deflect Rating as a primary stat, so I'm trying to see how I can use the ring).

• Arhi
    commented on 's reply
    Open the leaderboard and see the push builds of the champions. You will see what they use, just click on their gear. Oh, right, it will have to be the highest leaderboard, as they have been split... Anyway, nobody uses deflect.

• Arhi
    commented on 's reply
    AR is totally recommended for the jewelry as it saves greatly on the essence of power which is always lacking due to its rarity. If you are afraid to overshoot, then don't put it on all three jewelry. Also, 1.5k is certainly not the hard limit, the optimal is closer to 1600-1700

Also, a Fire lily warrior? Why? CD gives much more might.

• Kardinaal
    replied
    Well all you say about using jewelry boxes and saving on gems is spot on, but I wanted to add one thing on that subject:

a ring with 4 stats boostable by gemstones will have higher overall stats compared to a ring with 4 stats that have no gem boost. So I would choose the stats I need more over stats I need less even if it meant paying more gems for the ring.

That said, when designing a gear set it can pay off greatly to keep all this in mind before starting to craft rings and gear, when deciding what stats to put where. For example I’m not a fan of putting ability rate on jewelry, as a set of max ar jewelry overshoots the 1.5k ar mark used on most builds.

On the templates themselves, I can only comment on the shield one. Haste isn’t that good on a shield warrior (frenzy gives plenty of speed), so I would change that one out. Power isn’t that good either (you have all the power you need from shield block). So I’d swap those out for crit rate and damage. Especially since these rings would be only used for shield warrior as they have blockrate on them. Ability rate can stay as you need all the casting speed boost you can get for sb uptime, other usefull 4th stats would be armour or vit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X