Shatter not triggering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shatter not triggering

Does Shatter require the first frost ability to hit a target? What I have noticed is that if my frost nova hits nothing that the following incinerate will not trigger a shatter. If the frost nova hit one enemy, then all agroed enemies are hit by shatter. Is that a bug or known limitation?
    Last edited by Allunra; 07-30-2020, 02:01 PM.

Oddly enough, I was just noticing the same thing gold farming on PC last night. Never had that problem on mobile.

Comment

Shatter - frozen targets are affected by casting fire spell (doesn’t have to hit any target)
      Thermal shock - burning targets are affected by casting frost spell (doesn’t have to hit any target)

Comment

• Anjaeka
        Anjaeka commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s what I thought. But it wasn’t working for me in DC last night. Run to the end of the map, cast FN then immolate and the mobs were still standing. It only worked if FN hit a specific target.

Allunra Just checked. It’s happening on my iPhone as well. Were you gold farming in DC by chance?

Comment

mahara my bad... Shatter not triggering. With northern wind all should be frozen and I should not have to hit anyone with frost nova for it to count per the wording...the wording in never wrong

​​​​​​​@Anjaeka Running dailies on mobile.

Comment

• Anjaeka
          Anjaeka commented
          Editing a comment
          I just ran 5 different maps and I’m experiencing the same issue.

• Allunra
          Allunra commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for checking. I think it is as expected. Frostbolt says "100% chance to trigger Northern wind on damage"...so I think you need to hit something.

Last edited by Benedicto; 07-30-2020, 02:43 PM.

Comment

I find thermal shock triggering erratically.
          Sometimes taking 25% HP of a boss, sometimes doing nothing, sometimes not registering at all in the damage summary.

Shatter; I have a build spamming immolate-blizzard in any order.
          Never saw it in the damage summary, ever. . .
          Last edited by CarnivorousDeathParrot.2; 07-30-2020, 05:21 PM.
          Theoretical Modding
          (because tweaking numbers won't be enough)

Comment

• Montresor
            Montresor commented
            Editing a comment
            Blizzard only triggers northern wind like 7% of the time.

And crits can be huge with thermal shock, especially if you have any fire stacks, so that's when you see the huge damage done.

I think I'm late to the party, but to trigger northern wind, my understanding was that nova had to hit a target. It's not the shatter that's impacted by missing, it's that nothing's getting frozen

Comment

• mahara
            mahara commented
            Editing a comment
            This. You can’t freeze or trigger northern wind unless you hit something. Same with burn dot. You have to hit something to apply burn dot
        Working...
        X