X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojck View Post
    Part 5: Gold farming

Farming gold in story level 43 - Darkhold Citadel.

This is the map with highest gold earned per minute! Difficulty doesn't affect the yield.

- Run to the end chests, shatter only once near the end.
    - Aim for Extra gold on every item, and always use a gold booster.
    - Try to get run times down to 20 seconds.
    - Use Grand Magister weapon set - shatter is a must!
    - Put movement speed on boots and pants and use 'Fleet footed' passive.
    - Hold left button all the time while moving to avoid engaging mobs on the way.
    - If you lack damage to kill the monsters at the end of the map, put power on gear, or use Fire lily.
    - For some additional resources and gemstones you can farm level 47 Morgenheim instead.
    How do you get all the gold from all the other unopened chests to go to you? Really new and using a BH trying to level crafting and buy ELR recipes before next ANB. With 625% GF I get 8k from the last 3 chests and maybe 30 from the entire map, however I have to kill and clear the entire map AND open all the chests. if I just kill everything and loot the last 3 chests the other chests stay closed.

Comment

• bojck
      bojck commented
      Editing a comment
      You need to be 'out of combat' and move next to the chest. If mobs see you, they start chasing you, and you are considered 'in combat'. Got to kill them or lose them. With mage I use shatter in the end, which kills all mobs around. With bounty hunter you can use smoke screen and they'll stop chasing you.

• Nhat
      Nhat commented
      Editing a comment
      Need a bit of clarification here: the basic answer is "you don't". But according to the players suggesting it, the trade off in reduced run time will more than cover for the lost from those un-opened chests.

Excellent guide Is it going to be updated in regards with the recent changes?

Comment

• bojck
      bojck commented
      Editing a comment
      It mostly is up-to-date, I edited the recommended Ability rating, I'll mention the new drop rates

• bojck
      bojck commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for pointing that out - it was totally not up-to-date

Should be better now.

Thanks for the updates, and for creating such a comprehensive guide.

Comment

Yeah, I second that, this guide is very helpful, I still haven't mastered dodging Garm's basic attack yet though, you make it look easy!

Comment

When you use frostbeam why i hear fast clicking on keyboard? What skill want use? Its is Vortex to asap get enemy togheter until FB work, and dont watch at until Vortex CD end?

Comment

• bojck
          bojck commented
          Editing a comment
          hm which video?

Foe:
        Part 3: Beams and bosses

Garm @159

High health, predictable routine, regular attacks are hard to avoid at first.
        Wideo

Comment

• bojck
          bojck commented
          Editing a comment
          ah it's just frostbeam noises amplified by my mic. I'm not clicking there - I just beam, wait a second, vortex, wait for the beam to finish, nova and move to the side. On mobile - vortex first, then beam, then nova.

Thx for info (Btw. i dont know hot to reply to comment)

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
          Travis | Support Mgr. commented
          Editing a comment
          When you add a comment to a post that already has a comment (by clicking/tapping the "comment" button), your comment is added below the existing comment (and seen as a reply).

Hello,

I am a complete newb and I am attempting to craft the Grand Magister's Command set, one of the recipes is available, and the other is locked. When I attempt to craft the igneus pillar of flame I have all the required resources, but which attributes should I select for this weapon? What is the best way to get the glacies temtestas recipe? Is this the best weapon set?

Thanks
        Last edited by Rdudez; 02-20-2021, 02:05 AM.

Comment

• Splendor
          Splendor commented
          Editing a comment
          The best way to get the recipe is to be patient and buy all the recipes, it takes a while but eventually you get all of them. Best attributes depend on what trinkets you're using but as long as you are not using a Firelily... critical dmg, critical rat, haste, and power are all good stats. LoH too. Yes, GMC is currently the best weapon set.

Thankyou Bojck, I was recently convinced to try a Mage in the just finished Bronze AnB and I must admit, I enjoyed it alot.
        This ELR Guide & Advice from Rob Spooner, has helped me understand & play a Mage.
        Keep up the great work Bojck ?

Comment

Are these still accurate values to aim for when creating my 77 crit gear?

Crit build

- Put critical damage on every item
          - Aim for 1500-2500 haste. Note that Vial of Wind spirit adds further 0-450 haste depending on the number of charges. Higher haste means higher Frostbeam and Thermal shock damage (roughly 1% additional haste = 1% additional damage). As an experiment, run Training grounds with different haste values and observe the number of Frostfire charges. More haste also means more alacrity, therefore lower cooldowns.
          - Edit (1.5.34) 1500 Ability rating is the new default. With an Integralas mantle, that's around 2000, which is usually enough. Feel free to experiment!
          High AR means lower cooldowns which results in more beams. The choice of companions (number of healers and warriors) is an important factor here.
          - 45-50+% Critical chance. High critical chance makes damage less spiky. Currently Thermal shock does huge damage when it crits (especially if ToS is up), but negligible damage otherwise.
          - Power - the more the better, if not at the expense of something more useful to you
          - Armor & vitality - put enough to feel somewhat comfortable. With high toughness you have less sheet damage, but don't have to dodge as much, so you can effectively beam longer uninterrupted. Some types of mobs and attacks still need to be avoided. 1 Million toughness or more is the norm above trial 150. If you are quick and dodge well, you can do with less. Gemstones are the best place to put additional Armor. Adding armor as a stat on gear is not optimal.
          - Life on hit - at least 2000. 2500-3000 is quite common. Experiment to find out what works best for you. Keep in mind that while casting Frostbeam you recover much more health per second than with regular attacks. Some bosses are much easier with higher LoH, namely Kara, Elban and TBD.
          - Movement speed - both pants and boots
          - +frost damage in all 4 possible slots
          - dodge - a few items with dodge can be useful

Comment

• bojck
            bojck commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. Note that many players use higher toughness. It's always a good idea to start with more and reduce it when you feel comfortable, rather than starting squishy and dying 10 times : )

Also regarding haste - I prefer 1.7-1.8k with a crit build.

I'll add this to the tutorial...

Thx bojck. So 1.7-1.8k haste with 1.5k ability and 45%+ crit?

Comment

• kurtcabage
            kurtcabage commented
            Editing a comment
            i am not bojck but i am also a mage

so yes, for ELR Mage aim :
            5,0 to 5,4 Hps
            1500 AR
            45% - 48% Crit rating
            As high as possible Critical Damage
            armor reduction around 85% - 88% (so you will not easily died or have a glass canon option to use)
            HP Total 250.000
            LoH 3000+ is ok

but now i am using 2500 LoH on TL157

Hello there. I have a question. Do you have the last/update mage build? I mean, gear, stats on every piece, gems and skills. I want to upgrade my character.

Lv70 btw. Thanks

Comment

• kurtcabage
            kurtcabage commented
            Editing a comment
            if you want to ask more detail join discord server : https://discord.gg/eternium

• bojck
            bojck commented
            Editing a comment
            yup, better read through the guide and ping us in discord. Here you can find general guidelines for stats and gear for critical/fire lily push gear in the guide, for xp farming with beam and dfa, and for gold farming (they are up-to-date)

bojck i have mobile videos for the updated version which is 1.5.42 that maybe you can add into your guide
          since we know that CC immunity and mobs speed are different between the current version and the old version one, maybe this latest video can help the mage mobile player

TL150 (Boss fight only) : https://youtu.be/RjfUMo8ocus

TL151 : https://youtu.be/TB7uWPsPMmg

TL152 : https://youtu.be/WZ3-7bXcQ1A

TL153 : https://youtu.be/1GEiVFjeTpc

TL154 : Coming Soon
          Last edited by kurtcabage; 04-10-2021, 01:36 AM.
          Guide :

Comment

• kurtcabage
            kurtcabage commented
            Editing a comment
            TL153 Added

• bojck
            bojck commented
            Editing a comment
            Great stuff! I'll add the links later

i'm very happy to read step by step this honourable posting by our great "Bojack" & "Wispy"
          Not just for ANB purposes but for the benefit of my "Mage" normal playin
          just read/watch videos on and on and on all over again dunno how many times already?
          well.. it's not easy for a Shield warrior style of player goin for "Mage" kind of thing?
          at the moment reach Gold ANB trial 10 (1.50 min): for days i just stop playin ANB!!
          Still much afraid to proceed i'm afraid

4:52 hrs left

Just waiting for a decent value of skill upgrading. then will proceed absolutely for fun!!
          thank you
          Attached Files
          Last edited by TheExorcist; 04-30-2021, 02:15 PM.
          Shield warrior Lover

Comment

• Benedicto
            Benedicto commented
            Editing a comment
            Just keep going! At first I was hesitant to try mage from being a shield warrior lover, but as time goes by, I realized that switching class was one of my great decision since I'm now consistent in the top 50 every ANB

• Turgeon
            Turgeon commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah same for me i always finish 8n top 500 with warrior sometime top 250. Niw that im playing BH. Im doing topp 100 and top 50. Maybe not this gold since i did 8nvestonly 250 gem but ill be near top 100 or maybe in dunno yet still 3 hr 30 lest and dunno if ill have the time to use it!

Explain please why zero dmg from thermal shock?

Comment

• bojck
            bojck commented
            Editing a comment
            You forgot Frostfire sash! Equip it, beam, then cast nova
        Working...
        X