Trials Freezing at Finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trials Freezing at Finish

This has been happening for several ANBs but I figured things would be handled by now. I've lost so many resources - time, levels, materials from play and wins, as well as boosters from waiting for the game to end the freeze. This was super frustrating during the gold ANB due to having to repeat many trial levels because the game didn't recognize that I completed the levels.

I could complain about my missing stuff, but it's really more about just getting the game back to 100 and having it be stress relief vs a source of stress and I avoid playing. Also, I had reinstalled and all that jazz (read all the other posts on issues) and nothing changed. If you want to send me some stuff, I am not opposed to it and you will receive an appropriate amount of gratitude, but I'm not going to be demanding anything except fixing the game. Thanks in advance and I do appreciate your efforts. ?

What device (brand/model) are you playing on? Do you play over a cellular connection, or WiFi? Does this happen with every Trial? Have you noticed a pattern to the lockups (aside from happening at the end of a Trial)?

Comment

Not every trial. Just happened on 50. Using S10+ not on wifi. It doesn't always happen - mostly when it's a first time, but there are times when it freezes even if I'm repeating the same trial.

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
        Travis | Support Mgr. commented
        Editing a comment
        Is the game installed on the device itself, or are you running it from an SD card?

Running on device. Also, during the current gold ANB, the game freezes at startup - big green circle, as well as freezing at the end of some trials still.

Comment

Not seeing this issue, either on Android mobile or PC Windows 10.
      “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

So I'm not trying to make this a thing, but the freezing is still friggin happening. The game still freezes on startup. The game now freezes at random times during startup - if not at the beginning - at synchronizing profiles. The game STILL freezes during ANB trials, though if I'm lucky and time it right - usually over 30 min or trying random ?, the screen *can* possibly unfreeze and lag really, really slow - but at least I get what I earned on trial 2, right?

It also has been freezing here and there for trials in the regular part of the game, too. I have emptied cache, restarted, restarted phone, updated, etc. If you have any ideas, I'm listening. I don't care if I am the only one and others aren't dealing with this. I am. It's really making me hate wanting to play this game. Like I would rather listen for hours on end to my ex talk than play because I know the game is going to freeze and some chode is going to tell me that everything seems to be working fine. I hope you can appreciate my exasperation and how I would like to smash something, as this game was part of my way to balance my mood. I've invested way too much in this to walk away but if I can't get this to work like it should, I'll have to. So, pretty friggin please with a cherry on top, fix the friggin problem. Thanks.

Comment

• WarriorSeven
          WarriorSeven commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry you're having issues, Dink, which can be frustrating (we've all been there!).

That said, you may want to look at this recent thread regarding an old bug:
          When attempting to do "crowd control" during trials my toon will simply freeze in place even if I have a clear escape path. Is there a trick to get it to move or do you just have to take the death and move on? Does anyone else have this issue? Thanks in advance.

Is there a chance you're duplicating this kind of gameplay activity?

Seriously, though, other than the above, weird bug, there does not seem to be a game issue for the rest of us (again, I for one am not seeing any hint of it) on PC or mobile.

So, is there a chance your cellular connection is unstable? Any other games you play seeing similar issues? Any recent changes to your device, updates, new software, apps, etc., etc.? I guess I'm suggesting you may want to try researching the issue from your end with your S10+.

Thanks. I'm not freezing during the trial, just when the boss is killed and all the stuff is in the air above them. I tried playing on my PC long ago, but the game was so slow - it's a 300$ ASUS. I'll see if there are any S10+ issues out there.

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
          Editing a comment
          Have a screenshot of "all the stuff in the air"?

• WarriorSeven
          WarriorSeven commented
          Editing a comment
          No offense, but Samsung smartphones are a bit notorious for often being buggy when it comes to gaming.

I almost did and now mentally kicking myself. I just reinstalled again and it froze on the first try opening but the sound didn't freeze.i usually have it off so I never notice. I would hate it if the issue was my phone, as I've been playing on the same phone since I started. No issues until a while ago (a handful of ANBs). I barely played the bronze because of the freezing and delays, and I almost just deleted it. Anyway. I'll keep trying and see, but my enthusiasm meter is broken for the game, and doing anything feels like work.

Comment

Still ... could be the changes to the game. Although I don't have issues with my Android phone (old Pixel 2XL!), I have "new" issues with game freezing using Steam (PC).
          “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

Pic of trial gains in the air as promised...

Comment

Thanks. Are there certain steps you can take to make that happen, or is it totally random?

Comment

Sorry for the gap in time. It's mostly at the end of trials, although loading the game itself is a struggle. I've updated, reinstalled, cleared the cache, etc., and yet it continues. I've even upgraded my phone from an old S10+ to the S24 Ultra, and the game still freezes on trials and startup.

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
                  Editing a comment
                  There have been a couple updates containing optimizations since your original report. Update to game version 1.16.13 and let me know if you're still having trouble.

Yeah, everything has been updated as soon as it was available. As I said, brand new top-of-the-line phone, completely updated, tons of storage, and whatever else necessary to not have any issues with the game. Except of course issues. The freeze can happen:
                - starting up with the big green E taking up the screen prior to shrinking
                - after shrinking but won't load from there
                - also when the box appears to finish loading
                ** All these are random and it freezes the majority of starts - even after clearing cache and so on.
                In the game:
                - I don't believe I had any freezes during story mode, but there were some hiccups
                ** trail mode usually freezes at
                - rank check
                - 99.9% 1st time beating the boss on "new" level
                - it's always during ANB and most of the time with any character that has been switched to.
                - can happen again on same level but not as much
                - freeze happens like the pics above, so I miss out on the goods, xp, and most times, credit for beating the boss.
                - I don't think I made it beyond L10 during platinum ANB because of all the freezing. I had to redo multiple levels, so it would be great to have a fix before the next ANB so I can actually get what I earned.

Comment

• WarriorSeven
                  WarriorSeven commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not seeing any of this with my new phone, Pixel 8 Pro/256GB (Android).

The pic is from level 5 for the 3rd time in a row, with the 3rd time after re-installing. Again, I received level 40 stuff, but nothing from my playing 5 nor winning; however, I did lose the time I played. So at least I have that going for me.

Comment

Working...
                X