No announcement yet.

Trials of Valor Expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the new class design and the way it plays. Scattershot with 2-6 piece Assault seems to be the best DPS skill,everything else just performs so poorly in comparison. The longer range concussive shot does have it's uses for bosses/elites that you cannot kill quickly or tank hits from, but it hits like a wet noodle compared to Scatter Shot (with 2 piece assault).

I think the CL nerfs were well thought out. Before attack speed was so unbalanced, it was significantly better than Crit Damage, Critical Hit, and Power that it clearly needed to be toned down. I think the life per hit was nerfed a bit too heavily, 3 pieces of lv 70 life per hit will give you more than 50 CL levels in life per hit. Also on the subject of gear, life per second currently makes little sense, why is it so low on gear compared to life per hit, but equal to life per hit per CL level spent?

As of now, life per second, gold find %, and damage reflect are nearly useless. No skills or abilities ever make damage reflect a viable stat. I have not noticed gold find affecting gold collected from boxes, which is significantly higher than the gold dropped from mobs. With life per second being about 1/5 the value of life per hit, and life per hit also hitting being about 3-6 times as useful as life per second, this makes life per second about 5% as useful as life per hit. Because of this, you have 3 stats that exist to just to make a piece of gear less useful, overall I find it annoying. At least with less describable stats like armor, you are still gaining a noticeable benefit.

Also a side note, it'd be nice if you didn't have to wait until after combat to be able to open the crates. It slows down the pace of the game significantly.

I've seen a lot of complaints about the Critical % chance being lowered, but I see the balancing reason for this. The reason I think this nerf was needed, is because at lv 70, you can have a significantly higher Critical Hit damage than before. You can reach over 1000% (600%-800% is probably more average) crit damage with very good crit damage armor and crafted jewelry. That's 10 times the damage of a normal hit, if you were doing this 50-60% of the time, that would be massive, so scaling it down to 20-30% of the time does make sense.

I commend the developers for utilizing effective ideas from other games like Diablo 3 with the Trials of Valor. I think a good idea if they plan to utulizee leader boards is to make seasons that reset your CL points, but add the CL experience to your total non-season character at the end of the season. This would even the playing field for everybody, while still rewarding those who invest time for grinding new CL levels during the season.

The developers need to make money, and allowing a small portion of long term players (who are less likely to spend real money on the game at this point) to maintain an advantage over newer players (who are more likely to spend real money) at the start of leader boards may not be the best business model.

Comment

Hey! First time poster, long time lurker! So I kinda love the update, however, it sucks to see my arcanist set being obsolete. 😭 The new level cap seems to be 70, right? My guys seems to be level 85....is something wrong?

Comment

Yeah, I think it may of been changed, which it should have. First days set pieces were dropping left and right. I haven't seen a single set set piece drop today after a few trial runs and such.
        KEVI NOBO QUCU 7478

Comment

Not sure if my post showed up, the new level cap seems to be 70? My character is lvl 85...am I wrong on the level cap?

Comment

Originally posted by nb2 View Post
            Yeah, I think it may of been changed, which it should have. First days set pieces were dropping left and right. I haven't seen a single set set piece drop today after a few trial runs and such.
            Drops have always been streaky. I seriously doubt they can change drop rates without a game update, it wouldn't work for anyone that plays offline anyway.
            VEBA ZULA DIPE 1402
            Name: Lascivious

Playing M&M Since November 26th, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ezcry4t3d View Post
              Drops have always been streaky. I seriously doubt they can change drop rates without a game update, it wouldn't work for anyone that plays offline anyway.
              Only way to adjust drop rates permanently would be if the game can only be played online, however the rates can get changed for offline as well but like Ezcry said only with a game update.
              Dont just say Thanks to some posts which helped you instead klick and hit the Like and Thanks Button !!!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Add me - BH - Mubur: QULE HIBO WUDU 2241

Comment

Another observation/complaint: Why does every Trial level have to be so damn DARK?!? Not just the underground levels either, many of the outside levels are appear to have their lighting designed by Tim Burton... I have to turn my phones brightness up to 80 or 90% on most levels which drains my S6 Edge's battery super fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Stab View Post
                  Another observation/complaint: Why does every Trial level have to be so damn DARK?!? Not just the underground levels either, many of the outside levels are appear to have their lighting designed by Tim Burton... I have to turn my phones brightness up to 80 or 90% on most levels which drains my S6 Edge's battery super fast.
                  I agree, too dark. Many times I can't even see enemies except for the health bar overhead after you've hit them once.
                  VEBA ZULA DIPE 1402

Comment

Reposting some of this from another thread because it's relevant.

From the beginning:
                    So I log into the newly released Expansion. Go to play my main character (warrior), the one with all the 'good' gear. Get slaughtered repeatedly, can't make any progress, and I have to adjust all my gear using stuff from my other 2 warriors and stuff that was stashed. Finally manage to work through enough enemies to get a couple lucky upgrades so it's more playable. Eventually grind up to 70. 2nd and third warrior are slightly easier due to unlocked upgrades from the first and more experience dealing with the nerfs.

Played the BH to 70, it's new, it's fun. Nothing crazy there though.

Then I get on my mage, the one in 'trash' gear that I never play. Gotta get this one to 70 too so I can craft with it. Might as well compare. Jump straight into max trials, because we all know that's where it's at now, just to see what happens. Annihilation happens. W T H? Can't even tell there were CL nerfs.

Next thing you know I'm breezing through enemies 20+ levels above me like it's a joke. Bosses too. No exploited set bonus damage stacking, no skill using the mage abilities, just click arc lightning or bolts and watch everything melt.

Well, that's a far different experience than warriors or BH in the expansion. Maybe keep that in mind when balancing...
                    VEBA ZULA DIPE 1402

Comment

I agree, too dark. Many times I can't even see enemies except for the health bar overhead after you've hit them once.
                      this and remove the trial that generates the maze like hills. they are the hardest boss...terrain that gets in the way of ranged attk.

also please remove elban from trials. he can one shot me with 120k toughness after level85. You shouldnt be fighting the last boss unless it last stage.

if i run into elban during trials i just abandon the trial...he gives u nothing better from drops and its quicker to restart a trial and clear than to revive over and over until something procs.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaerimasu View Post
                        That is just mean "revert or i quit"

From a financial stand point, its in company's best interest to attract and keep newer players hooked rather than catering the old dogs, as newer players are more likely to spend real money to buy gems than older players, who became self sufficient when it comes to gems. Please don't reply with argument like "I'm CL1500, I still buy gems"

If the developer team decided this is best for game in a long run, then we have to respect their wishes.
                        1st, dont change the context of what I said....you reworded it like it was a demand or ultimatum! It was merely a "realization". I guess i'm repeating my previous message to make my point yet again. It took me a year to get where i am, i'm only CL500 for your info & its taken FOREVER for me to get really good gear which as i'm understanding now, is JUNK, With the new changes. The drop rate for a good/better piece of gear is ABOUT NIL, so YEAH, I'm about 50/50 on quiting if i have to start over! And yes, i still buy gems & click on every ad box i get! You dont need to reply, this is all i have to say.
                        QETO PEJI CUZA 8302 btw... Edaj is my name backwards

Comment

The video isnt available, try to re-upload.

@Edaj Floow

We all play the game a while, except for newcomers.

However if you say 50/50 of stopping playing the game no one will stop you, besides why do you need to start from beginning?

Dont get it, only thing you need to do is leveling up your BH or whatever character you play at this moment, nothing to start all over is written anywhere.

Ok if playing BH you start from lvl 1 but your CL remains as it is, so where is your F***ing problem(sorry Travis for my inappropriate language).

Gear grinding shouldn't be a problem also leveling up new characters with CL 500+ is easy going, have you ever thought about newcomers?

They aren't having 500-1000+ CL, they haven't got any good gear etc.

So stop this crap and enjoy the gameplay.
                          Last edited by Nerdidne; 10-24-2016, 12:11 AM.
                          Dont just say Thanks to some posts which helped you instead klick and hit the Like and Thanks Button !!!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Add me - BH - Mubur: QULE HIBO WUDU 2241

Comment

Time to be the voice of reason for once i guess.

The key word we are looking at here is BETA. All the current content is subject to change if the devs think it's in the best interests of the game.

To that end if you aren't happy with some part of the new content provide constructive criticism instead of "No no I'm frightened of change, make it back like it was or I'll be quitting"
                            LOHE TIHI BEZU 0619

Comment

Originally posted by Nerdidne View Post
                              For all people which are whining about the update (don't wanna attack people), if you don't like it don't play it, besides there are plenty of other games which you are playing, they also get major updates with new content, and there you are happy with it/or not but never cry about anything on their forums.

So why doing that here?
                              Oh come on now. I frequent the forums of all games I play and voice my viewpoint freely. I feel like all devs everywhere are entitled to my opinion. ROFL
                              Seriously, it's not so much a revert or I'll quit attitude that I'm seeing overall, it's more of a "these nerfs have given me no legitimate reason to keep playing past end game, therefore I will be forced to take my money elsewhere even if I'd rather not."

Developers are entitled to alter code and gameplay as they please, customers are free to stay or find other interests; it really is that simple.

For me, this has been a great game and an awesome diversion. I hadn't found another console game I truly enjoyed in nearly a year and M&M really caught and held my attention. When I started leveling up CL's, I was thrilled. Admittedly, I have no plans to further my CL's now - I simply plan to max the BH out, then check back once in a while to see if there's any new content worth playing. Courtesy of all those ads I've watched, I have found a few new games I've started playing as it is anyway. It's not the end of the world if the devs choose to stick to their current path, but it sucks more than just a little for all Champion level players.
                              Last edited by Holly Norton; 10-24-2016, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Now, now - play nice. (cough, cough) No need to whiz in someone's cornflakes simply because they are disgruntled with the current changes and came into the forum to speak their minds. It is, after all, a large part of what any forum is for.

Comment

Working...
                                X