Dmg type for Havoc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dmg type for Havoc

Great updates for this build: molten armor, osmosis. . .

The Wind and Storm trinkets seem to be the best choice here (like almost everywhere else).

I'm using the heatseeker missiles bracer but still want to test the one for explosive shot (when I get it).

I'm wondering if it's convenient to take advantage of physical dmg (explosive shot, rapid fire), fire dmg (heatseeker missiles, also mag trap but who cares) or just go for critical dmg/rating boosts.

I don't know what damage type are the rare pistol enchantment missiles. . .
    Theoretical Modding
    (because tweaking numbers won't be enough)

Probably too soon to tell. I went "all in" at first reforging Fire Damage on my Havoc and Demolitionist BH which both use Heatseekers and Magnetic Trap, then I discovered that Explosive Shot is actually Physical Damage. The different trinkets were supposed to work with the different types of damage, but in the most recent ANB, I just went with CR/CD instead of trying to tease out possible combinations. As you said, right now everyone is using mostly Wind and Storm trinkets, but I did test out fire damage from Pyromaniac and Purifying Flames. Pyromaniac was not all that impressive (100% boost to fire damage at twice per minute), but I did keep Purifying Flames for a Mage (5000% damage for 4 seconds at 8 times per minute).

Comment

Does anyone know what damage type Sticky Bombs are?

And how about Explosive Shot AOE? Explosive Shot deals physical damage, but the larger damage is caused by Explosive Shot AOE (area of effect).

And for that matter, the Missile Proc from Havoc - is that fire damage?

I’m guessing that anything that explodes causes fire damage, but don’t know that for sure.

I used to play Havoc a lot, and enjoyed it, but went over to Warriors. I haven’t unlocked any Demolitionist gear yet, and just using drops to create a 4 Demo/2 Havoc set. Very low level gear, but is a lot of fun to play, and I’m considering trying Demolitionist for the next ANB Bronze. So just trying to figure out how to tune the new gear with the proper damage buffs.
      Last edited by 7string; 08-12-2020, 07:27 PM.
      iOS Mobile player: iPad Pro, and iPhone XS Max

Comment

I crafted a couple trinkets with fire damage and did a quick test run comparison of adding two more pieces with fire damage to replace ones without fire damage. Not at all a thorough test, but quickly obvious that 2 extra Fire Damage buffs almost doubled the damage for both Havoc Missile Proc, and for Explosive Shot AOE. Sticky Bombs were less convincing. The damage increased, but by only maybe 15% which makes me doubt that the sticky bombs use fire damage...more testing needed, but BH’s who already know are welcome to chime in.
        Last edited by 7string; 08-12-2020, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• Ozymandius
          Ozymandius commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for sharing your test results. I naturally assumed that Demolitionist would be a mostly Fire Damage build, but I haven't really tested that assumption. I just automatically reforged Fire Damage on trinkets and stuff.

Yeah, I need to do more testing. It still seems like sticky bombs should be fire damage. If not, then they could only be physical damage, which would not seem consistent with other explosive damage. It may be that my 1 test run with fire damage just didn’t manage to group as large a mobs together when the bombs went off, so didn’t do as much for the sticky bombs. Sticky bombs were still far away the top DPS though. But for now I’m focused on thinking about an ANB, and trying to get to that elusive CL2200...almost to 2199... Really wanted to run Demolitionist in the bronze ANB, but without a war supplies event before it, I won’t have any Demo gear unlocked, so will probably stick with my Fury/WL combo and try to earn more glory.

Comment

Here too: From the testing grounds and trial progress, with Heatseekers BoM, it would seem that the answer is fire (as opposed to physical).
          Theoretical Modding
          (because tweaking numbers won't be enough)

Comment

Working...
          X