Frozen trap being ignored by mobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frozen trap being ignored by mobs

Hey all, Any other BH out there using Frozen Trap?. In this event it seems that quite a few mobs, Chargers especially, can simply ignore the Trap, they walk straight through it and even charge out of it whilst it's still active? Makes handling mass groups very tricky when apparently at random some of them simply walk out of the trap.

Originally posted by Tsundar View Post
    Hey all, Any other BH out there using Frozen Trap?. In this event it seems that quite a few mobs, Chargers especially, can simply ignore the Trap, they walk straight through it and even charge out of it whilst it's still active? Makes handling mass groups very tricky when apparently at random some of them simply walk out of the trap.
    That is one of the reason why i dont like that skill when using BH same with Magnetic Trap, at higher trials those skills are pretty much useless but useful at PvP and lower trials so if u want to like climb higher trials dont use those,. If going higher trials i recommend Rapid Fire, Snipe, Smokescreen.

Comment

They were nerfed and they are near useless now. . . not sure what for since traps were never a big deal.
      Theoretical Modding
      (because tweaking numbers won't be enough)

Comment

• CarnivorousDeathParrot.2
        CarnivorousDeathParrot.2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah. . . I had reached over TL 130 with Havoc. . .
        Still doesn't mean that traps were a big deal. . .
        Last edited by CarnivorousDeathParrot.2; 02-01-2021, 05:32 PM.

• Tsundar
        Tsundar commented
        Editing a comment
        I've gotta say they were a big deal for me, a Frozen trap with a ~480% damage increase does a lot of damage to a lot of mobs in one go. Though as you say, if they've nerfed it that badly then it damn near useless now. So does that only leave the Vortex for crowd control for BH?

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        CarnivorousDeathParrot.2 +1 The logic behind the nerf seems to be completely lacking. What "problem" were they trying to solve by nerfing traps?

yea same goes for me but ive discovered using vortex, frozen trap and mag trap in unison is quite effective, ECCEPT for bosses and PVP. somehow, in the latter, i take damage instead

Comment

Traps got nerfed in a recent update, so they do not hold all types of enemies as well as they once did. Plus, for some god awful reasoning, they dropped the number of casts of Magnetic Trap down from 3 to 2, even though it was never the meta for a BH. If feels more like, we did it because we can, not really to solve an imbalance or "problem" in the game. It is clear that the Devs totally love Stalker BH and do not really want to give other builds an ability to break that meta. However, hybrid Demos keep trying. I just finished TL133 using a Magnetic Trap [though I also have the option to add in Vortex from healers for elites that too easily break free from the trap].

Click image for larger version

Name:	TL133.JPG
Views:	639
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	193800

Traps are still useful for managing mobs at lower trials, and I think they are the best way for a new BH to learn how to manage the mob phase. At least until they get into higher trials where they need to switch over to Smokescreen. However, it is a trade off since they are virtually useless during the boss phase of trials, so you need Molten Belt and Osmosis to get around not having a third damage ability to use against the bosses.

Comment

Yea it did seem like a very strange nerf, BH was hardly the only dominant in the game. Though I have to say i've run a few trials of Mag+Frozen trap and actually have to agree with D M above it's really quite effective. The frozen trap does a lot of damage constantly and the mag does it's all in one go, it's actually quite effective against bosses as well. I'm still trying to trail it all against the training arena but since there's now no way to exit the training arena in android it's very frustrating and time consuming testing all the different specs lol.

Comment

• UmbraDei
            UmbraDei commented
            Editing a comment
            On Android you can actually still exit (hit the "Back" button on your device). It's in iOS that you're really stuck because there you have no button to return to the previous screen.

• Tsundar
            Tsundar commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh wow thanks for that UmbraDei, very useful, that makes testing gear so much easier thanks

I dont know if uts a bug or my device is confused as to who my character is. I get stuck in my own traps, I take quite a bit of damage whilst my enemies take little to none.
          Second issue...My last fight in arena, against a warrior he had a shield I could not penetrate. although in description his shield only had 16% chance of operating once hit and with a time of three seconds.. not in this case. every hit turned his shield on and I couldnt do nothing but run around in circles. I had to quit the game bcos quite frankly this is f&#ked up. 20 minutes Running around. What made matters worse is that time was stacked onto his shield for every hit. its not right a low level punkass fighter of 68 has that kind of power. I had to literally run around for ONE MINUTE multiple times, waiting for the shield to be deactivated. The shield he used was only an epic.

Comment

Working...
          X