Choices for Fixing Bracers of Mastery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choices for Fixing Bracers of Mastery

So we can hear alot of feedbacks and suggestions coming from players, one example is the crafting of the new and expensive "Bracer of Mastery".

I never expected it would be that hard, until I just recently unlocked it for my warrior and out of 10-12 crafts, there is NO (as in NONE) single "Shockwave ability" that I crafted.

It is so frustrating, given the efforts to gain materials and gold is not that easy — some (including me) will have to use 2pcs 200% gold booster just to gain 6-10million of gold and some materials, that is 1 hour and 20 minutes+ of real-time gameplay including gameloading and salvaging etc., and all of a sudden will be *poof* gone in a matter of seconds just because you want that "Unique Ability" from BoM useful for your gear and skill set-up.

To summarize, here are some of the suggestions that might help on fixing the crafting of "Bracers of Mastery":

1. Designate Essences on specific Abilities for each class (e.g. Fire essence for Shockwave / Heatseeker / Immolate etc., Air Essence for Whirlwind / Snipe / Frost Beam etc.) and include a 5th Slot for that Special Ability under crafting of the "Bracer of Mastery". or
    ​​​​​
    ​​​2. We will be able to reforge the existing Special Ability to another ability which will cost gems or

3. At least roll the effect with regards the equipped abilities of the hero or

4. Just make the "Bracer of Mastery" be more like the Belts (e.g. Shockwave Bracer/ Bracer of Heatseeker / Immolate Bracer) so that 100 glory points be equally distributed like that of the belts.

These are the best possible suggestions I got.

Anyone, feel free to add suggestions. Might want to take a vote (sort of a poll) for what would be the best outcome of crafting BoM.

Thank you! And hoping for your kind consideration with this matter.
    Last edited by Loreg; 09-02-2020, 02:10 PM.
    Eternium ID: FULU KONU ROFE 9542

"Look me in the eye."

Four sounds like the best.

No reason for it to be random.
    Some players will get the skill they want in the first or second try. Others will be made to waste millions for nothing.
    Theoretical Modding
    (because tweaking numbers won't be enough)

Comment

+1 on 4
      RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and VADA YOHI XUVA 4984 - Beta

Comment

+1 on making MoB work more like crafting belts. There are far too many BoM crafting options (e.g., item level, stats, and different abilities) to simply rely on random luck. I would be more likely to spend the Glory on a BoM if I knew that I could at least select which ability would be crafted.

Comment

#4 would work as long as the player hasnt already spent 100 glory to unlock the darn thing. {like me}
          Not sure if glory refund would be available if they did such a thing?

I wrote somewhere else another possibility to fix this.
          The random skills are enchantments. Enchantments could be added to crafting that let you overwrite the existing one, but since the % is random I'm not sure how this would be fairly handled.
          Last edited by LonesomeCrow1963; 09-02-2020, 06:32 PM.

Comment

#4 would also be great for me. If they happen to do #4, I just wish they will refund that 100 glory, or atleast unlock unique bracers for the class which BoM you unlocked using 100 glory.

"Look me in the eye."

Comment

I hate to be the anti-fun guy but...

BoM are the perfect thing to farm and make in ANB Bronze/Silver. Save a gold set as you grind XP and grind out gold for like 5-10 minutes of play time and you can make as many as you have essences for, which are even cheaper in the ANB.

Because ANB lowers the cost of materials and gold crafts it actually doesn;t even cost you greater essences unless you have more than one of the same type of essence. If you have 2 Fire Essence slots, for example, it will cost you 4 Greater Fire Essences to craft 1 pair of bracers, gold cost is like 40K if I remember correctly. But if you can make it so you have one of each color essence only, it will only cost regular level essences which over the course of a Bronze ANB you can farm a crap ton of.

OBV if you actually crafted one you wanted you would have to use a celestial on it to bring it home.

My current gripe is not with BoM, but the unique trinkets that you cannot put a celestial on during ANB if you craft a really good one during the event.

WORU DIXA XAVE 1003 - 2183 CL
              BH: Farlina - TL154

Comment

• NoSuchReality
                NoSuchReality commented
                Editing a comment
                While we all do variations of it, it just highlights the metagaming and dysfunction of ANB and crafting.

Originally posted by Morgan Davies View Post
              I hate to be the anti-fun guy but...

BoM are the perfect thing to farm and make in ANB Bronze/Silver. Save a gold set as you grind XP and grind out gold for like 5-10 minutes of play time and you can make as many as you have essences for, which are even cheaper in the ANB.

Because ANB lowers the cost of materials and gold crafts it actually doesn;t even cost you greater essences unless you have more than one of the same type of essence. If you have 2 Fire Essence slots, for example, it will cost you 4 Greater Fire Essences to craft 1 pair of bracers, gold cost is like 40K if I remember correctly. But if you can make it so you have one of each color essence only, it will only cost regular level essences which over the course of a Bronze ANB you can farm a crap ton of.

OBV if you actually crafted one you wanted you would have to use a celestial on it to bring it home.

My current gripe is not with BoM, but the unique trinkets that you cannot put a celestial on during ANB if you craft a really good one during the event.
              I respect your point. I also hate to be the anti anti-fun guy but, that will only be applicable if you happen to craft JUST THE "Bracer of Mastery" and no other gears to craft. Of course, pro or old (not old as in "old" but rather not new to the game ) players would be like "hey, push set for my main is almost complete, so I only have to focus on crafting BoMs". Think about the rookie players and new players that are about to come. Yeah, they can always buy gems or some chest packs to hasten their way to climb up, but that makes the game MORE like a P2W but that's another topic.

As you can see, right now, with the new major updates, we happen to craft like 13 different gears during ANBs (6 gears from set, cape, main and off hand weapons, bracers, belt, and 2 trinkets) excluding the necklace and 2 rings. And it's really frustrating that in order to be competitive you need to craft atleast lvl 74-77 gears. With the BoM crafting mechanics, you happen to waste the "lvl76/77" crafting bonus on a BoM that you don't really need with your push or atleast XP setup, whereas you could've crafted a nice lvl 76/77 gear, say weapon or gear set instead.

Unless you are a total whale, and you got the BoM you need, it would be ok. But for semi-F2P players, which actually can pay but, has high hopes for JUST skills and knowledge of the game because of the advertised "not made with greed" - something like that - slogan, crafting BoMs would still be more of like a gambling.

"Look me in the eye."

Comment

For me, 100 glory points is not too expensive for a specific ability, the no. 4 suggestion is the most cost effective for me.

Comment

4 even if I have to re-spend glory.

If not 4, then 2.
                  Last edited by Oshisin; 09-03-2020, 03:08 PM. Reason: Damn autocorrect

Comment

Anything to fix the annoyance of rolling a good bonus and low item level or vice versa.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Anything is better than the current system!

Comment

Theoretical Modding
                        (because tweaking numbers won't be enough)

Comment

I'd bet the devs designed BoM crafting to be an intentional resource sink. If so, I wouldn't hold your breath on changes to that unless they come up with a different resource sink and then throw us a bone on BoM to soften the blow.
                          WIZA KIZO YIJO 1935

Comment

I'm definitely +1 on #4. The BoM has become the most frustrating part of Eternium for me. Literally tens of millions of gold and 1000s of greater essence thrown away.... not trying to get a lvl 77 version of the BoM that I want, but just trying to get one that has the enchantment that I need. And my main push character STILL doesn't have it. When your Shockwave BoM has Vitality (reforged from Block), Haste, Physical Damage, and Experience, you figure spending 100 glory should allow you to cerate one that's better suited. But after literally 35 tries, still no Shockwave (but I have made 6 with Devastate, 7 with Leap, 5 with Charge, and a lvl 77 with Shield Bash with Fire Damage (which is good for my SW which isn't competitive any longer))....

I'm done venting now. Definitely prefer the option #4, the ability to chose, ideally by breaking out each Bracer into it's own unique BoM.

Comment

Working...
                            X