Remove the Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove the Arena

You've added a huge resource sink - Arena. It requires vastly different builds to Season builds and it will need a lot of experimentation to find the good builds for it. And now you've reduced the drop rates of materials to experiment with builds. Even ignoring the Space issue, this is crazy. Are new players supposed to buy the £5 per craft legendary crates to do this??? Let's remove the arena and go back to the game that was moving in the right direction before the last Beta and start again.
    Last edited by Stusmith50; 01-14-2021, 09:06 AM.

Originally posted by Stusmith50 View Post
    You've added a huge resource sink - Arena. It requires vastly different builds to Season builds and it will need a lot of experimentation to find the good builds for it. And now you've reduced the drop rates of materials to experiment with builds. Even ignoring the Space issue, this is crazy. Are new players supposed to buy the £5 per craft legendary crates to do this??? Let's remove the arena and go back to the game that was moving in the right direction before the last Beta and start again.
    Arena is good sir, im getting glory there and cosmetics but it only happens rarely, i already have like 25 cosmetics points just from arena its a little amount but it will work. I alwayd lose but i dont care since my target is only glory points, everything in game can be obtain if just grind like super extremely now so every day i have to play Eternium 4 hours unlike before 2-3hours that is because of the epics drop. But im sure ill be able to get all sets and bracers that cost glory points by end of this year 2021. I have a goal to like farm in 1 week for resources then next week farm for gold. but since i accidentally salvage my gold sets i farm resources more and craft sets and get lvl72 instantly.

Comment

Another question is. . . Are they *ever* going to fix the glitches and balance issues that make it ridiculous today? Single player was never fixed. . .
      Theoretical Modding
      (because tweaking numbers won't be enough)

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        I think I can answer this one.........nope.

I mean, I've been playing the free tickets 'cause why not but I'm also quickly coming up with a list of design errors. It's surprising some of this stuff got through the beta.
      After everything that happened, it seems pointless for me or anyone to continue giving feedback. . .
      Theoretical Modding
      (because tweaking numbers won't be enough)

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        I've switched from feedback to general berating now. Just to see if it has any affect at all.

Not sure that I understand the "resource sink" comment; it doesn't cost anything to play in Arena. I have been playing Arena using only the 12 free tickets per day, and for an established player, it provides an interesting diversion from the daily grind while waiting on the next ANB to start. I sort of like that it focuses on different skill sets and gear choices, though I do not see it as a place where I am willing to invest a lot of gems or other resources. I'd say take it or leave it, since playing in the arena will not make you a better player in the main game.

Comment

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        Benedicto I can see where, if you wanted to push the leaderboard in Arena, that you would need to add more Toughness and swap out some gear items that don't work well in PvP format. I quickly ditched Magnetic Trap for Smokescreen on my BH for example. I just did not figure that anyone would choose to prioritize the Arena over regular game play, especially if it required additional resources. I have only used gear that I had on hand and swapped in a few extra emerald gemstones for more toughness, but my heroes are still sitting around rank 200 or so. Maybe I am missing something, Are there rewards for ranking high in the Arena or is it just a competitive drive?

• Benedicto
        Benedicto commented
        Editing a comment
        We even see in the PvP LB that those who push hard to the top have CTed gear sets which is not useful in trial pushing,... the release of the feature were not fully detailed whether it finishes in sync with the season and/or are there rewards waiting if the LB will be posted like on ANBs, still wondering if gear investment and gems consumed in PvP are just a source of free cosmetic points and glory points, or just bragging rights.
        Last edited by Benedicto; 01-17-2021, 08:16 AM.

• Travis | Support Mgr.
        Travis | Support Mgr. commented
        Editing a comment
        There aren't any PvP LB rewards yet, but the team will probably turn their focus there after this current round of bug squashing.

I haven't step my foot at the Arena yet. Dunno whether i will?.
      Shield warrior Lover

Comment

I did one combat with my shield warrior to try it ive won and never played again haha!

Comment

Even though you only played once you are still active. Once registered you are available in the arena and others can choose to attack.

Comment

• Turgeon
            Turgeon commented
            Editing a comment
            I see no prob with that !

Originally posted by Tin Man
          Just ignore the Arena and either they will either fix it or it will become the next Dungeon Key. No one forces Arena participation.
          This! Instead of just 50 gems, why not use those dungeon keys also? I have a toon whose inventory has full of keys as of now, still hoping those will be useful!!!

Comment

Working...
          X